Donator
25 Oct 2020
Gamemode [GoFree/CS:GO Surf]

Ingame name cotey

SteamID STEAM_0:0:178352798

Ban/Gag reason "doxing"

Desired outcome Lift my punishment

Statement of grounds
I've lost passion for something I once loved, because of some bullshit discord feud.

Not gonna go too far into it, but my mental health isn't great, never has been. I had never really found an outlet before that allowed me to disassociate and burn hours without having a care in the world. But then I found surf. Something that I enjoyed thoroughly, and kept me occupied all the time, helping me. I had briefly surfed/bhopped on various servers before, but after miss-clicking onto a GoFree server in the browser one time - I knew I had found a place I wanted to stay.
Throughout the decent 765 hours I spent on the GoFree servers, I experienced a lot. The servers had probably what I would deem the best community out of any I had found in a game, by far. I met so many incredible people, had countless hours of discussions about a lot of really interesting and cool shit, and I made friends, something I frankly hadn't had in a long time. Funny right? Surf kid lonely and depressed lol, who would've thought?
Shush. That's not the point.
Anyway, over time I had managed to build up somewhat of a name for myself in the community, ended up even becoming an admin - something I did because I loved the servers and wanted to help out.
What I'm basically trying to say is that I miss it. I miss having something to do, that I enjoyed. I miss meeting new people and chilling for hours on end talking through the nights.
But all of that was ripped away from me in an instant. After I fell into a shit situation and let it happen in front of me.
Most people I had met over the time I had spent on the servers, disconnected from me, wanted nothing to do with me so I was left abandoned. And I suddenly also then had no outlet, surf no more.

After a while of taking a break from CS overall after this (as I had little reason to play it anymore), I came back and tried other servers. It just wasn't the same. Most are either completely dead, have excess of 40 people in a lobby at a time (not fun for the ears), or are from places where the lowest ping I can possibly get is >500.
GoFree had the perfect balance of everything. Repeating myself here - I miss it.

It has been several months since the situation happened that landed me here, and I think with that, clearly comes time for reflection.
I'm sure everyone reading this is already aware as to how the whole situation has gone so far, and has seen my previous attempts at appealing - so please, appreciate how much of an effort I've put in to attempting to get unbanned.
All of my involvement in anything to do with any of what happened, I take full responsibility for.
Anything that I did that affected anyone in a negative way - I apologise severely for.
I directly messaged the victim of the attack as soon as I knew what had happened. I apologised.

Please take this genuinely, I really do want to come back.
If there is fear that I will cause any issues on the servers, then I understand that, and would be more than happy to compromise and go ahead with the idea I had of issuing a permanent silence on me. Meaning I will just be able to surf.

Regardless of what happens, I owe this server and it's community the biggest thank you possible, because if it didn't exist, then I wouldn't still be standing today.
I appreciate your time, and apologies if this was a shitshow to read (I just impulse wrote it really quickly and am running on practically no sleep.)

Much love,

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
I'm sure your words are sincere & you do mean well. However, due to the gravity of the whole situation surrounding your ban, your unban won't be considered at this time.

Denied.

cotey

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
25 Oct 2020
I believe that the "gravity of the whole situation" is highly subjective. Whilst it is clear that what happened was a bad thing, I think it needs to be looked more from the perspective of what my involvement in it was.
Also, I think to come to a decision as to the length of my ban, it would be advisable to consult the victim of what happened. I believe his word and how he feels about it all is what matters most.

If possible, it would be great to know what kind of time frame you're thinking of when you say "won't be considered at this time.". When will it be? Because I can assume that you'd rather not have me continue to attempt to appeal repeatedly as I have been. From then knowing this, I can step away and let time pass until I am able to make a possible return.

Thanks again,

Reactions: B1shop

cotey

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
25 Oct 2020
@dPexx , it would be appreciated if I could get a response to my reply above ^

cotey

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator