Griflyn

27 Dec 2021
Gamemode [GoFree/CS:GO Surf]

Ingame name (⓿_⓿) or Griflyn

SteamID STEAM_0:0:494435690

Ban/Gag reason Turn binds on Bhop

Desired outcome Reduce the length of my punishment

Statement of grounds
I know I fucked up, I hadn't thought that turn binds were held to this kind of scrutiny. I would like to request at least a normal ban instead, weeks, months, ect. Especially because I wasn't even trying, just messing around, I will never bhop with turn binds again and will try much harder to check more thoroughly before I use any kind of assistance in surf,bhop, etc. I would also like to add that there was zero assistance coming from any kind of actual hacks or anything of the sort. Thank you for your consideration and time.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Hey,

First off apologies for the late reply, your request slipped through the cracks and just didn't notice it earlier.

You were banned by our anti-cheat which would not ban you for just using turn binds. We don't typically remove anti-cheat bans and since it doesn't seem like you're being genuine about your ban, the ban will remain.

Griflyn

27 Dec 2021
Hello!

I would like to quickly rephrase and explain my original message when I said that "I hadn't thought that turn binds were held to this kind of scrutiny" I meant "I hadn't considered using turn binds (also referred to as a strafe bind) to be cheating, especially considering I was just messing around with them." To also explain what I meant by turn bind I would like you to go to a unban request made by "Scientist" on June 16, 2021, as he was using the exact same strafe bind found from a video (which can be picked up by an anti cheat in some scenarios). From that case, it was stated that the video had multiple points that could lead you to infer that it was bannable, but I am not the one who set it up, nor have I done any research into how they would be considered bannable. This is completely on me, as I have stated before, I own up to the mistake I made and would just like to request a ban that isn't permanent as I very much enjoy playing on GF, again, thank you for your time and consideration.

Griflyn

27 Dec 2021
1641065632733.png

the script me and him used
^ the video we both happened to have gotten it from

I would like to finally clarify that I am in no way asking for a full-on unban, I made a mistake and I should still be punished, but I believe that since the mistake was not in bad faith and that I had asked a person who I assumed would be well acquainted with your rules if he knew if it was allowed. To receive a yes, gave me the confidence that I would not be punished (which was very much false confidence), Finally, I only considered "cheating" or "Auto strafe" to come from external programs. I have been educated from this so that I and others understand your policy at least a bit better, and won't make the same mistake again. Thank you for reading.

Last edited: