[GoFree/CS:GO Surf] Protest a punishment: Griflyn

Griflyn

27 Dec 2021
Gamemode [GoFree/CS:GO Surf]

Ingame name "(⓿_⓿)" was the original name I was banned with "ockriflyn" is my current alias

SteamID STEAM_0:0:494435690

Ban/Gag reason unauthorized use of "strafe-binds"

Desired outcome Reduce the length of my punishment

Statement of grounds
Hello! I am aware I have made a "protest a punishment" request before. However, I am unaware if the follow-up I made to your response was seen, as the punishment was never assigned a "Declined" or "Handled" status
as you can see in #surf in the GF discord.

As such I will provide the link to the follow-up along with additional info. "https://forum.elite-hunterz.com/threads/gofree-cs-go-surf-protest-a-punishment-griflyn.13439/" is the link to the post and responses, the reason I waited 6 months to ask again is a sign of good faith, as I accepted the fact I made a mistake in using strafe-binds instead of turn bind, as I thought unless used in obviously malicious intent (getting WRs) instead of just bhoping casually were seen as fine (yet again, which was completely wrong). I knew that auto-strafing was against the rules as I said "I only considered "cheating" or "Auto strafe" to come from external programs. I have been educated from this so that I and others understand your policy at least a bit better, and won't make the same mistake again." I had even asked someone who I believed would know better than anyone the rules of GF, not trying to blame him for anything as we were both surprised. I consider him as clearly a talented nice person (Ano) and you can ask him as he said he thought It was OK to do casually, this of anything would show that I was simply ignorant to the rules of the server.
Which I believe to be reasonable because 90% of servers I had played on previously had allowed "strafe-binds" with no problems. I would finally (for real this time) like to add that there was no intent to shift blame onto anyone, any server, or even you as that final part may be construed.

I made a mistake, I hadn't clarified if a gray area binding was allowed, and I am not even asking to be unbanned.
The most I hope to get out of this is to make my punishment lessened as same as "scientist" also said in my original follow-up which I would suggest you read if you want full context.

"https://forum.elite-hunterz.com/threads/gofree-cs-go-surf-protest-a-punishment-scientist.13140/"
(there are also other examples but they were disclosed in DMS and I am unsure if they were accepted or not, so including those would be disingenuous)
I believe I put it best before "I fucked up, and I am sorry"
Thank you for reading.