GB
meettomy.site
Gamemode [GoFree/CS:GO Surf]
Ingame name SWIFT3R_JDM
SteamID SWIFT3R_JDM

Ban/Gag reason ddos threats and ip threats
Desired outcome Lift my punishment
Statement of grounds
I was casually playing CSGO with my friends whilst talking to them in a seperate call, and I had the great idea to try and scare my friend by saying in game voice chat "I will leak your adress" so obviously he's not dumb so he knew I was joking, he proceeded to take the joke a little too far and he said, "I am genuinely uncomfortable and i dont want my adress leaked, can we issue a ban please" After I got banned my friends explained to the admins that they know me and it was just a joke, they said it was fine and I had to come here. So hopefully we can resolve this issue and get me unbanned, thank you have a nice day.
PS: If there isnt enough information i will go deeper into context of the situation.

B1shop

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
2 Apr 2020
New York
Thanks for coming to our forums to appeal your ban, and I appreciate your honesty with what happened. Leaking or threatening to leak other players' ip addresses constitutes under the term "ddos threats," which is an immediate permanent ban in our servers. Even if it was "just a joke," you need to understand that you can't be joking with that stuff, especially if your friend felt uncomfortable about that. As an admin, you need to understand that the scenario I was faced with did not feel like a joke at all, as your "friend" said he was very uncomfortable with it. ddos threats are nothing to joke about on our servers. Hope you know this now and I will leave it up to the special admins to deal with your case specifically. As of now, I will not be lifting your ban, as it severely broke our sever rule.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
After looking at a few things and speaking with Bishop I've decided to lower the length of your ban to just a few days instead of permanent. Whether the other user was your friend and you were messing around or not, what you were doing still wasn't good. Bishop made the right call in adding a ban as you were indeed threatening another player, it's not possible for Bishop to know if someone is joking or not in such a situation, and whether it is serious or not it still goes against our rules and requires swift action. You shouldn't joke about such things, while your ban is being reduced, what you did was still wrong and broke the rules, even as a "joke" threats are not ok. In the future please remember that.

Reactions: B1shop

SWIFT3R_JDM

2 Aug 2020
GB
meettomy.site
After looking at a few things and speaking with Bishop I've decided to lower the length of your ban to just a few days instead of permanent. Whether the other user was your friend and you were messing around or not, what you were doing still wasn't good. Bishop made the right call in adding a ban as you were indeed threatening another player, it's not possible for Bishop to know if someone is joking or not in such a situation, and whether it is serious or not it still goes against our rules and requires swift action. You shouldn't joke about such things, while your ban is being reduced, what you did was still wrong and broke the rules, even as a "joke" threats are not ok. In the future please remember that.
Thank you for understanding and helping me out, I will remember not to do this next time. Have a nice day

Reactions: B1shop