Import models in hammer

Sauce_Piquante :D

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
Hey i'm creating a jurassic park map (kind of) and I found dinosaurs like we find in those ZE maps. I put them in my folders and they appear in hammer. But when I compile the map, they spawn as a red "error" and I have no idea how to correct that.
Some help would be appreciated :)

Advaldo

Head Admin
30 Jun 2010
I've never made a map in my life but I've heard that people use something called "pakrat" or something. That lets them import custom models I believe.

I'm probably wrong though xD

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
Yeah but I don't understand it so much. I have the model, i put it in the map, no problem. But after the compilation (to be able to play on the map) my models are showed as error. I don't know if this software can help me :(

Too Much Guinness

15 Mar 2012
Usually if you put the files in the right folders of css they should appear ingame..
But since you have to include them into the map anyways later, why not try now? I'm using MAN. Just drag the map file from the maps folder into the program and it should include all necessary files.
If it's still not working, you probably used the wrong entity. (In the model browser you can see which entity types are supported).

Reactions: Sauce_Piquante :D

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
I may need some explanation about where to put the map bsp file and where to put the model :(
It may be my steam too. I don't have this "maps" folder in cstrike but in "download". I'll try to reinstall it and keep my maps somewhere x)