Map for Votesystem

14 Aug 2013
Germany
Hello,

I don't know how such a map is called but I once saw a map that was itself for deciding next map. For example there was a big room with several pictures/map names and people could decide then which map to choose. I think this is better because unlike the votesystem with text people really decide what to play, now people just press number 4 most of time not much difference from pressing 1.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
This takes too much time and effort. Whenever we add new maps the map has to be changed, i guess.

I would rather like an add-on like the map selection in garry's mod where all maps are displayed as thumbnail and people can drag and drop their steam avatar.

ThirtyEight

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
4 Apr 2010
there
I really like the random map idea

AlawY

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Retired SPA/HA
12 Oct 2012
1'680
Classified
I kinda like it the way it is atm with the new voting system. Once a map is played, it can't be chosen for atleast 3-4 map changes!

14 Aug 2013
Germany
AlawY I didn't speak about one map played all the time what I mean is people follow the current cycle which means if zm_1 is on number 4 of the vote people choose it after change to this map on next vote follows zm_2 on number 4 then zm_3 on number 4 and so on, until one point when zm_1 is again on number 4 then the cycle starts again because people most likely press number 4 now that number 1 isn't there anymore the problem about a map for voting is exactly what nomatter said, you probably have to change the map each time you add a new map to the server. What I think thats possible in that case is just make double of spaceholders for example if the cycle got 20 maps right now make the room that big that you could add another of 20 pictures. Adding a new map if there are spaceholders doesn't seem that much of trouble.

The map selection of gmod is in my opinion also very well, so if it's possible to port that in css since it also uses source engine thats the easier and better way ;).

sorry for my bad english I know I have many flaws especially about sentence construction.

Nuntiuz Cudi

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Jan 2015
Man On the Moon
steamcommunity.com
I can try make a map like ZE Paranoid Rezurrection/ZE random where you randomly get spawned in a level. But for ZM like levels such s CBBLE or marbble. But that would take a lot of time just to make 6 maps only for that system =3. Should I give it a try?

Cudi :rolleyes:

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Oh that looks cool! you mean bundle some maps up? Like cbble, 4way and so on?

It could be an idea but the size of some maps is incredibly big and you would end up with 100MB just for 1 map...

I don't know...
I think we should all try to focus on CSGO more, perhaps zm/ze there can be part of the community too!
Do you have any experience there?

Nuntiuz Cudi

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Jan 2015
Man On the Moon
steamcommunity.com
Im gonna try to make multiple levels such s marbble in one map with only a few textures and almost non props. Will see how much the space is then so I can edit it maybe more goodlookin. For CSGO I can't do anything right now those maps are more MB then CSS I believe. XD

Cudi :rolleyes: