Mic problems... please HELP!!!!

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
hi, so for the past week have have been having issues with my mic (astro a40s) and i was wondering if any of you guys have any ideas what went wrong because I have tried almost everything and still have this problem. Everytime i try to talk people are saying that my voice is really choppy and cutting out. This is only on skype and cs:GO but when i record myself with a program or test my mic on steam they sound completely fine. So i think my mic is having problems online but offline it is fine. I believe that it is some sort of issue in my PC but still not sure. It would be awesome if any of you guys could help me out with this.

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
not right now I am gonna ask a friend for a mic and we shall see what happens. I will let you know for sure :)

Archillect

BANNED
24 May 2015
Coachella,CA
Your probably you're mix cables and what not, You should check those out and tweak around and see if you find a good spot where it won't bug out anymore besides that you need to contact support :p

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'642
1'354
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
open up the settings in csgo and check if the mic being used is the mic you have. perhaps it uses some other mic you don't know about (like inbuilt mic) and it sucks. In skype you can also go in settings and "test" your own voice.

inirop

9 Jul 2015
Pennsylvania
maybe something with your mix amp I don't know if you use that or not, but I have a friend that has astros and his did that once because something was wrong with his mix amp

tokarev

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
25 Jun 2015
yea thanks for all the help guys :) its so weird... today it sounds good again. but yea i think its either my mixamp, as you said or an external problem in my PC. I also did check what mic im using and it says I am using the correct one. But yea skype helps a lot to see how i sound.

thanks again :)