[online] zm_spacestation_eh

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
So here is a map I have been working on.
Since I am not a very creative person in general, I took a lot of Inspiration from 2 maps in particular and copied some of the elements aswell, for example the space ship.

Credits go to:
Natalya[AF] ze_space_station
FreeZe1337 ze_deathstar_escape

I did make the whole layout and most of the map myself though.
Here are some screenshots

20231207230825_1.jpg
20231207230837_1.jpg
20231207230850_1.jpg
20231207230902_1.jpg
20231207230917_1.jpg

Here is the mapfile
https://ufile.io/cxks85t9

Looking forward to your input and I'm always open for suggestions.

Blue™

Actually green
Staff member
Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
17 Dec 2012
Yoshi City
Man those maps were ran so often back on I3D. This brings back alot of nostalgia, I knew freeze back in the day and loved his space themed maps, same with natalya.

This looks sick, more than down to give this map a run

• Love
Reactions: Kr1pT1c

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
Didnt test it yet but in case of an update: I suggest to rename it to zm_eh_mapname instead of zm_mapname_eh, as most other new maps use this termini too and as out maplists are in alphabetical order

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Didnt test it yet but in case of an update: I suggest to rename it to zm_eh_mapname instead of zm_mapname_eh, as most other new maps use this termini too and as out maplists are in alphabetical order
Duly noted.

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
I haven't tested it either, I don't have the time and I don't want to anyway but I want even say more about the name of the map ; zm_eh_juniorbestadmin_spaceshitsomething
If the map has too many letters, just remove the last part that will be enough :)

Anyway, good job, I'll check it out when I have time and I'll be happy to find things to complain about

See ya fella !

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: easy and Kr1pT1c

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
So here is a map I have been working on.
Since I am not a very creative person in general, I took a lot of Inspiration from 2 maps in particular and copied some of the elements aswell, for example the space ship.

Credits go to:
Natalya[AF] ze_space_station
FreeZe1337 ze_deathstar_escape

I did make the whole layout and most of the map myself though.
Here are some screenshots

View attachment 18405View attachment 18406View attachment 18407View attachment 18408View attachment 18409

Here is the mapfile
https://ufile.io/cxks85t9

Looking forward to your input and I'm always open for suggestions.
Sick! ive been wanting to do a spaceship map for soooo long aswell but i never get to it. Great job mate it looks awsome and like blue said alot of nostalgia from the ZE servers :D

EDIT: Tested it, its great! perfect for hunting and camping for the noobs ;) one little note i had in mind was maybe add some ambience sounds? but thats all i could think off!

Last edited:

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Sick! ive been wanting to do a spaceship map for soooo long aswell but i never get to it. Great job mate it looks awsome and like blue said alot of nostalgia from the ZE servers :D

EDIT: Tested it, its great! perfect for hunting and camping for the noobs ;) one little note i had in mind was maybe add some ambience sounds? but thats all i could think off!
Definitely will add some ambient sounds in the next version, thanks for the feedback brather <3

• Love
Reactions: SOUR

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
I'm worried about this crouching area beneath the spaceship.
1702047012467.png

Players might gather there, using zstuck to come in when too crowded and cause lags - like on other maps

This spot might be tricky too.
1702047128705.png

But let's have a look how map works first.

Uploaded for testing!

Kitsu-ne

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
1 Jul 2023
Looks amazing.
I remember seeing similar map ages ago but probably played like 2 times.

Is it already in spec/ordinary map nomination list, or just for test purposes only?

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Looks amazing.
I remember seeing similar map ages ago but probably played like 2 times.

Is it already in spec/ordinary map nomination list, or just for test purposes only?
It's only available for testing so far. If you feel like it you can run it and just tell me if theres some important feedback.
:)

Kitsu-ne

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
1 Jul 2023
When playing this map today, I found that if door closed right in front of me while i am running at it, it won't open unless I walk away few paces back and only then it will unlock it.
Or if someone else opens it from another side.

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
When playing this map today, I found that if door closed right in front of me while i am running at it, it won't open unless I walk away few paces back and only then it will unlock it.
Or if someone else opens it from another side.
Yeah unfortunately the doors weren't working as intended. I have since called a mechanic to fix them and they should be working better in the new version. You will also be able to open them by pressing the 'use' button incase they don't open by themselves again

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
If I might add,I also noticed players getting stuck into the teleporters,leading to massive death-streaks and a bit of lag,anyway you could find a fix for them too?

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
If I might add,I also noticed players getting stuck into the teleporters,leading to massive death-streaks and a bit of lag,anyway you could find a fix for them too?
Haha yes this was brought to my attention aswell. I did change the teleports already too. The current teleporter stations will be used to get around the map more easy instead

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
********** NEW VERSION **********

• fixed the doors. You can now also open them using your 'use' button.
  • Added some ambient sounds
  • Made some of the camp spots more accesible for zombieZ
  • Gave the teleporters a new purpose, you can now navigate around the map with them.

Attachments

• zm_eh_spacestation.bsp.bz2
    11.6 MB · Views: 42

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
The file is compressed and need to be unpacked with 7zip