PROPOSAL FOR VIP SKINS

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Hey, I was able to see some topics about "new skins" on the zombie server. The 3 human skins for VIPs are fine, I have nothing to say :)

Now let's get to the point, I know that the "Fatty" is the emblem of the server, and it's perfect !
As soon as I can see Fatty on other servers I think directly to you ^^ I allowed myself to modify this skin of zombie, to make it a "Fatty VIP skin". I managed to make a little difference between the 2 Fattys, you see :
1556220585-vip.png

A Fatty more "gore", inspired by DOOM that I could recreate with existing images.
(The back of the skin remains unchanged) I could try it myself on the server to see what it can give :

1556220512-zombie.png
Feel free to tell me what you think, I accept the criticism (be nice :) )

The download link of the skin if you are interested : HERE

I am French, if there are mistakes I apologize.

Thanks for reading,
Kisses for everyone.
JR

Gower

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
26 May 2018
Denmark
Nice thread. I like your idea and the general concept of keeping fatty. But at the same time, I feel like the VIP skin doesn't stand out, which i'd like. :)

aüx

Donator
12 Apr 2017
Iconic Fatty suffered degloving from unknown accident :'( cool skin modification though!

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
Cool idea zombie skin looks nice.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
When i try to download the file, it displays "File does not exist."

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Weird I do not have this problem .. I will try to fix it, thank you !

Edit : Maybe this one : HERE (French site but you can translate it in English, I hope it will be good ..)

If it still doesn't work I can send it by Email, it's a WinRar archive with folders Matrials and Models, nothing heavy

Last edited:
Reactions: TheBee and FeGaF

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Hooo, I think I managed to "fix it", my link was allowed only "me only", I put it on "those who have the link" now.. try again with THIS ONE if the one on the French site doesn't work

Sorry for the two messages in a row, I could not re-edit the one above

Reactions: FeGaF

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
"A Fatty more "gore", inspired by DOOM that I could recreate with existing images."

I never said it was mine ^^, I just re-created it with existing images. The guts, and the ripped face are images that I took and that I transferred on the basic skin (the files exist but the skin no)
Anyone can do it and there is nothing difficult , after that remains a proposal because when I see on the server or forum that VIPs want to differentiate themselves from other zombies ..

It's a dilemma, the Fatty is the mascot and it would be a shame to remove it, but the VIPs want to differentiate themselves from the other players (which is normal since they are donors) so it gives the "Fatty VIP" ^^

Reactions: FeGaF and TheBee

NorthernLight

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
15 Dec 2015
Germany
Oh yea sorry i don't saw it :p
But it's a good idea! i like the skin and maybe vip's like the gore fatty too :-DD

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
We have tested the skin today and unfortunately it has some serious flaws which make it unusable: weapon handling is bugged and there are weird squares on the head and back.

20190511123503_1.jpg 20190511123513_1.jpg 20190511123516_1.jpg 20190511123526_1.jpg

Reactions: h1dden

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
I had a doubt to be honest and it's very ugly ^^ Thank you for testing.

Where this is a problem is the folder "models" .., should happen to take the inside of the folder "models" of the "fatty" base (since it's exactly the same skin, it's just the "VTF" who changes) copy the same files but change the name of the "path of attachment" (I am not sure of the translation of this ..).

Example :

The Fatty's home path (in the "models" folder) on the server currently is : models / player / elis / fty / 001

1557662924-capture.png

It should be able to change the "001" with the new VTF that I named "fatty"

Which would give :

models / player / elis / fty / fatty

(You can change the name to not be lost (like Fatty_Vip, just don't forget to change the name everywhere,
VMT AND VTF)

I'm trying to figure out how to try to do that but I'm breaking my head, I know there are gifted people for that, I hope they will show up ^^

I know it would work, I tried it on the server and I took a screenshot as shown in the picture on the post.

1556220512-zombie.png

I hope to be understandable ^^

The folder "materials" should (I cross my fingers) not pose any problems since it is only an image (it has the same role as a skin weapon in a way, or for what haven't no weapons skins, it has the same role as the distributor skin on the Elite Hunterz server (the red with EH above) is the same form of distributors for all players, it's just the image that is different)

Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
It's good I found how to do it !

it's going to take a little while but I'm in the right direction. I will send you a ZIP folder that you can test.

(I will put it in the folder materials / models / player / elis / fatty, if you have a problem I can create a folder specifically for this skin to avoid you getting lost, you tell me)

I'm getting started right now !

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Here we go again !

1557698796-gggg.gif

I made the expected changes, I changed the path, everything is clean. I still checked several times to avoid a new error on my part, I cross my fingers ^^

You can download it
HERE to test it, and sorry for all these consecutive messages.

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Hey I'm back after holidays and some jobs

I became aware of what was written, but I still have not seen the skin on the server *sad*

Anyway, it's not for me to take care of that ^^, but I noticed that the link was dead .. I took care of recreating a valid link (for I don't know how long..) it's
HERE
I haven't changed anything (if you want to recheck, do it :) )