Russian racism

USA

7 Dec 2018
Hello everyone, I want to raise a topic like Russian racism. Many of you may think that if Russians call a Negro a Negro, then they want to offend, show their hatred.
No friends, you are mistaken. Russians cannot hate Negroes because they don't live among us. Maybe 1nr / 100000 white people.
In Russia, calling a Africano = Negro is normal, it is not racism or insult.
I want to show you a fragment from a Russian film about a Russian in the USA. If you can find this film with a translation into your native language, I advise you to watch it.
Here you have a video with a time reference, it shows that Russian is not always racist. Russians are not as evil as they may seem.

Approximate translation

- What does he want? Rakov wanted?
What you want?
- Dirt says dirty food.
Crayfish from the bottom of the dirt eat.
They can not eat.
- Mud? What
Look at yourself! The black
how bastard
Did you read "Moidodyr" ?! BUT?
Come on from here.
- Negro. Go go
- Who do you call a niger? Now i am you
show who [CENSORED].

- In vain you called him a Negro.
- And who is he?
- African American.
- Who cares?
- [CENSORED] - it is for them
curse insulting.
- Yes, I was taught in school.
Chinese live in China
In Germany, the Germans, in this ...
Israel Jews, and in Africa negros.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Had to log in just to reply to this...
You are sorely mistaken, but of course, I can't completely fault you for this, it was how you were raised and how you were socialized by your Russian society.
Calling a minority group by a name which has commonly been seen as bad is quite simply racial discrimination. Now in a place which has committed multiple genocides as well as invade countries without cause, this is not too big of a surprise that people would be brought up and told this is fine. The bottom line is this is not fine. Perhaps the reason there are so few people of darker skin color in Russia is that there have been numerous racially motivated attacks against people of that skin colour. Because it is normal does not mean you are not calling people a word which is commonly seen as horribly racist. You are using it to describe and put down a specific group of people, plain and simple.

A Russian film would, of course, follow and portray the norms of a Russian society, where words like these to describe minorities are perfectly fine. Just because you live in a society where using discriminating labels is fine that doesn't somehow make them ok to the rest of the world. If you were, for instance, to watch an American film with the same plot, the words you said above would be used as a word to discriminate against people of a certain skin tone. You may not consider yourself to be a racist, but given your recent postings, I'm left to wonder how one comes to have this thought process.

To sum everything up, using a word which is commonly known as a racist and discriminatory word to describe a minority is just that, racist and discriminatory. Because there are no blacks in Russia this means you can't hate or use racist terms in reference to black people? This is simply illogical.

As you already agreed with the gag you were given I'm not sure why you would be arguing this unless you want people to describe why what you say is racist? Really doesn't make much sense.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
This by far is the most stupid thread in this forum I can remember.

USA

7 Dec 2018
Now in a place which has committed multiple genocides as well as invade countries without cause, this is not too big of a surprise that people would be brought up and told this is fine. The bottom line is this is not fine.
I do not say that it is good to call it a Negro = Negro, I say it is neither bad, it is not an insult for the Russian people.
Russian people do not have a goal to insult a black person by naming the Negro.
I must admit, I do not add up, why is the negro an insult, even if the country is such a Niger, did you listen to gangsta rap?
I listened, blacks call each other [CENSORED], why can't I? Those. is discrimination against me because i'm white?
It is not right. If I want to offend the present Negro, I would rather call it like "black ass" or something like that, but I will not call him a Negro, because for me the Negro is not an insult.

Perhaps the reason there are so few people of darker skin color in Russia is that there have been numerous racially motivated attacks against people of that skin colour.
I don’t know so well the history of Russia, but I don’t remember a single moment when people were judged by the color of their skin and only by attacking it.
Can you give specific examples?
Remember the Soviet Union, it was a multinational state.
In your countries there are very strict laws about racism, for example, if in Russia you call a negro a negro, it will not be considered racism, if you call a negro a "black ass", it will be considered racism.
I admit that in the view of the inhabitants of Europe and the United States, Russians may look like evil savages, but this is not so, in fact most Russians are very kind people and are willing to help other people, despite the fact that they very rarely smile.

As you already agreed with the gag you were given I'm not sure why you would be arguing this unless you want people to describe why what you say is racist? Really doesn't make much sense.
I'm not going to appeal gag and challenge the actions of the administrator.
I really like to communicate with foreigners, but I can’t do this in the game due to the fact that my language is not good.

I hope I will not offend anyone with my examples, because it is difficult for you to correctly convey a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Are you too stupid to understand why you don't have the same rights on that word like grandsons and granddaughters of former slaves do? If so: Ask google, if google is censored in your country go and ask Yandex or rumbler or whatever you use to search.

But again: Keep your trash ideology out of this community otherwise I will keep you out of this community. I am starting to lose my patience over you... this is my last warning.

USA

7 Dec 2018
Are you too stupid to understand why you don't have the same rights on that word like grandsons and granddaughters of former slaves do? If so: Ask google, if google is censored in your country go and ask Yandex or rumbler or whatever you use to search.

But again: Keep your trash ideology out of this community otherwise I will keep you out of this community. I am starting to lose my patience over you... this is my last warning.
Dear friend, I really appreciate your loyalty, you recently helped me and I thank you for it, but this is a forum and I try to communicate in order to get to know foreigners better.
I can agree that in some places I behave like a troll, but I have no such goal to cause your aggression.
I understand that you are opposed to me using this word, I no longer use it. But I am sure there is not a single African on the server who complains about me. I understand for your countries it may be a violation of the law.

Oliver

c:
Staff member
Special Admin
7 Jul 2016
1'328
Denmarkanian
I'll try to put this in a very simple manner, hoping you'll be open minded and understand it. It may be the case that in your country it's not viewed as a racist term and it may also be the case that when you use this word you don't have any racist intent, but that simply is not the problem at hand and both of those things do not apply to this server. After you've uttered a word or statement, whether that be verbally or through typing something in a chat, after it has left your body it is out there in the world open for interprotation. What this means is that even if you have the best of intentions you cannot put the owness on other people to understand your culture and your real intentions when reading your messages, especially over text on a huge server with 50+ people. We're not taking problems with youpersonally being racist (at least I'm not), but we're simply telling you that the word you're saying willl inevitably be interpreted a certain way by most people, which in turn as you can probably imagine means it's not gonna be beneficial to the server. Agree or disagree with it, this is simply how the world is.

Reactions: Docta

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
I agree with what Oliver is saying.

Dear friend, I really appreciate your loyalty, you recently helped me and I thank you for it, but this is a forum and I try to communicate in order to get to know foreigners better.
I can agree that in some places I behave like a troll, but I have no such goal to cause your aggression.
I understand that you are opposed to me using this word, I no longer use it. But I am sure there is not a single African on the server who complains about me. I understand for your countries it may be a violation of the law.

Since you want to discuss the semantics of the word then you are at a loss here. You are using English then you need to consider you are now addressing another culture in another language which have their own terms and history; which you don't have knowledge of. There has always been a colossal language and culture barrier between Russia and the west and you are trying to carry over cultural and semantic terms which are completely different here. Don't know you or any of your chat, whether you are racist or not but there can't really be a discussion on them being compatible, your only option is to understand why it's a derogatory term here and learn from it. Russian cultural norms aren't the same as ours, thankfully.

Reactions: M.Bison

Melisa

Queen
Staff member
Special Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Tech Team
Donator
23 May 2014
1'029
Sweden
There’s no thing such as “Russian racism” You’re not a minority there is a lot of russians in this world, but POC are a minority, why call them by the N word when everyone knows that they don’t want to be called that. Why not instead just respect them and their wishes.

For you the N-Word may not be an insult, but for POC it is an insult, a very harsh insult aswell. You can’t just see things from your perspective, you also have to respect the other persons wishes and perspectives same as you would want others to respect you and ur wishes.

The N-Word will never, ever be allowed in this community because we welcome everyone, even minority’s and we respect them and everyone equally and we do everything in our power to keep it like this, so that everyone can feel welcomed on our servers without have to deal with racism and/or disrespected.

You may not see your words as racism, but from my eyes, saying that calling a POC the N-Word is okay after they’ve for years and years have fought to not feel disrespected or neglected because of the color of their skin, is not just absurd but you also express yourself in a very racist way.

Reactions: Blue™ and M.Bison

lb426

Donator
1 Jun 2017
I am a geologist and I dug out the old one :) I communicate with molecular biologists, historians, linguists, etc.
1. The word N is a derivative of the Spanish word negro -black. Its the legacy of the colonial past.
2. If this word is nasty and insulting, you should not use it.
3. In the Russian scientific community, among anthropologists, the word negroid is used to define racial belonging. Also as europioid and mongoloid.
4. If someone has complexes, then you need to go in for education, and not blame bad whites or blacks.
5. Our species appeared in Africa, and we were monkeys (and remain now), and before fish. And the color of the skin and the shape of the skull is an adaptation to external conditions.
6. We should be happy that we live in the 21st century (although not all :) And we are not burned at the stake for denying higher powers.
- One last thing: there is no single Russian society, it is divided into lumpins and educated people, many of whom have left for normal countries ... Im here and I am noob :)