Server features suggestions

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
So I do not know if this is the right place to post something like this but I wanted to take the courage to suggest some features in the server to be considered changing/added.I will explain what I mean down below.

First of all,I suggest removing fall damage for humans too.I really do not think it will make such difference for campers but it would make for some great and really cool escapes for hunters on certain maps.

Secondly,I suggest completely getting rid of /zstuck command causing a lot of the server lags.Instead of that,have humans always with noblock enabled and zombies always with noblock disabled,since they get the most use out of it by standing on top of each other to get to high places or to runboost to a specific area.Also by doing this,for humans,the annoying blocking rulebreakers that can get you killed are gone.Just like that ;)

Finally, I would also like to suggest the introduction of /ammo or !ammo command.To explain myself here,some of the special weapons mappers add in their maps,that have like a cool trail effect for the carrier,have little to no ammo and you can easily run out of(Example given,on highschool huhn map,the TMP in the middle only has 900 ammo,and by running out of ammo on it,you ran out on dualies too,since they share the same ammo).So by simply using this command you do not have to worry about completely running out of rounds.Also important to note here,the command SHOULD NOT refill magazine rounds since it would 100% be abused and basically have unlimited ammo,but ONLY spare rounds( resetting them to 4000,if I am not mistaken).

Davo_SVK

25 Sep 2022
I dont agree with block/noblock. I often go with teammates to specific places where we can boost up. But, maybe zstuck could be longer maybe about 10 seconds, cuz its annoying that I press /zstuck and I still cant move cuz its too short. I also love fall damage for humans, cuz noobs die and become zombies :D
Ammo could be bigger, thats true.

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
All suggestions are welcome, I encourage everyone to do the same, especially when it's explained as you do.
But as you can imagine, in suggestions there will always be pros and cons
Except for the last suggestion which is easily "fixable" it seems to me, I don't really like the idea of the first two, I'll try to explain why with what I've been able to read/see since the time that I know the EH :

1 - The fall damage makes the game more "difficult" for humans who are already very advantaged by being armed of course, certainly it will avoid voluntary teamkill (suicide to play zombie while many are hunting for example), the subject had already been mentioned, particularly in relation to the canals map, but it seems to me that it had been refused. You should know that some maps have probably not provided for the fact that a human resists fall damage, which could cause other problems as well

2 - Noblock only for humans would take away some teamwork... and I'm not a big fan of that either. Yes it will remove the problem of the "voluntary block" and the boring lag , which the admins can manage, but here I see another big problem that the admins could not manage because it would be involuntary
Let's take an example :
The pipes
Just imagine if 10 players find themselves in a crouching place, inside each other, with zombies who will have their block, it will become endless and very boring rounds
- There is also the fact that shotgun shots does not pass through players when a player is inside us -
And then even,
we could end up with 40 players in the same place, it would become unplayable for the zombies.. the block makes it possible to regulate a little bit
I see a benefit too big for humans with this suggestion
The EH also assume that everyone must be at the same level (with a few exceptions), so if we set up the noblock for humans, we will have to put it on for zombies to have a minimum of equality.

3 - The ammos on weapons specially set up on certain maps it seems to me that it can be settled by the mapper (or someone who knows about mapping). If I say no nonsense, the mapper can define the number of ammos of the weapons he makes available on his maps (from 0 to unlimited)
It would avoid (spam) a command that most players would not understand

Admittedly, the ideas would add a positive thing in addition, but would also add a negative thing
I say, let's keep these "authentic" aspects that make the EH, are the EH, changes could do worse than better on certain points..

You should know that what attracted me to the EH is the fact of finding "oldschool" servers as I was able to play when I started on CSS, the fall damage, the block, the teamwork ... something you don't see at all on other zombie servers anymore, i'm sure i'm not the only one to think the same

Reactions: denied and Woozu

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
All suggestions are welcome, I encourage everyone to do the same, especially when it's explained as you do.
But as you can imagine, in suggestions there will always be pros and cons
Except for the last suggestion which is easily "fixable" it seems to me, I don't really like the idea of the first two, I'll try to explain why with what I've been able to read/see since the time that I know the EH :

1 - The fall damage makes the game more "difficult" for humans who are already very advantaged by being armed of course, certainly it will avoid voluntary teamkill (suicide to play zombie while many are hunting for example), the subject had already been mentioned, particularly in relation to the canals map, but it seems to me that it had been refused. You should know that some maps have probably not provided for the fact that a human resists fall damage, which could cause other problems as well

2 - Noblock only for humans would take away some teamwork... and I'm not a big fan of that either. Yes it will remove the problem of the "voluntary block" and the boring lag , which the admins can manage, but here I see another big problem that the admins could not manage because it would be involuntary
Let's take an example :
The pipes
Just imagine if 10 players find themselves in a crouching place, inside each other, with zombies who will have their block, it will become endless and very boring rounds
- There is also the fact that shotgun shots does not pass through players when a player is inside us -
And then even,
we could end up with 40 players in the same place, it would become unplayable for the zombies.. the block makes it possible to regulate a little bit
I see a benefit too big for humans with this suggestion
The EH also assume that everyone must be at the same level (with a few exceptions), so if we set up the noblock for humans, we will have to put it on for zombies to have a minimum of equality.

3 - The ammos on weapons specially set up on certain maps it seems to me that it can be settled by the mapper (or someone who knows about mapping). If I say no nonsense, the mapper can define the number of ammos of the weapons he makes available on his maps (from 0 to unlimited)
It would avoid (spam) a command that most players would not understand

Admittedly, the ideas would add a positive thing in addition, but would also add a negative thing
I say, let's keep these "authentic" aspects that make the EH, are the EH, changes could do worse than better on certain points..

You should know that what attracted me to the EH is the fact of finding "oldschool" servers as I was able to play when I started on CSS, the fall damage, the block, the teamwork ... something you don't see at all on other zombie servers anymore, i'm sure i'm not the only one to think the same
Thanks for taking the time to read my suggestions! To be honest,I did not really think about the cons when I wrote them.After reading your reply,I can certainly say you are right.They might fix some issues but they are risky as they would bring more problems to the table.As for the second suggestion,in which you say it would take away some teamwork,I barely see any humans make use of it to team up.They mostly use it to block,therefore,it is why I suggested that.Finally,other than taking away the oldschool feeling I do not see any disadvantage being brought in the game by disabling fall damage for humans.

SyntX

18 Jun 2021
Nepal
So I do not know if this is the right place to post something like this but I wanted to take the courage to suggest some features in the server to be considered changing/added.I will explain what I mean down below.

First of all,I suggest removing fall damage for humans too.I really do not think it will make such difference for campers but it would make for some great and really cool escapes for hunters on certain maps.

Secondly,I suggest completely getting rid of /zstuck command causing a lot of the server lags.Instead of that,have humans always with noblock enabled and zombies always with noblock disabled,since they get the most use out of it by standing on top of each other to get to high places or to runboost to a specific area.Also by doing this,for humans,the annoying blocking rulebreakers that can get you killed are gone.Just like that ;)

Finally, I would also like to suggest the introduction of /ammo or !ammo command.To explain myself here,some of the special weapons mappers add in their maps,that have like a cool trail effect for the carrier,have little to no ammo and you can easily run out of(Example given,on highschool huhn map,the TMP in the middle only has 900 ammo,and by running out of ammo on it,you ran out on dualies too,since they share the same ammo).So by simply using this command you do not have to worry about completely running out of rounds.Also important to note here,the command SHOULD NOT refill magazine rounds since it would 100% be abused and basically have unlimited ammo,but ONLY spare rounds( resetting them to 4000,if I am not mistaken).
well your suggestions are good enough but i dont think these 3 points will make gameplay more comfortable.
1.) removing fall damage of humans, if we do this then it's hard to win for zombies because there are lots of bhoppers (you can do well, right?) like in few maps, zm_4way_fix, zm_mystic_halls and other... etc

2. noblock, if we do this then neither cts win a round nor zombies win a round plus this point is totally useless.
well if we add noblock for 15 seconds (till zombie spawn) on round_start then it would great! i guess.

3. Ammo, EliteHunterZ zombie mod server is not like other and EH server is unique hunting server in cs history. This point will totally useless if we add more ammo (or unlimited ammo) because cts will camp in a hard spot and they keep shooting if there is zombie or not (no matter).

im not happy to add this features and this features are came from zombie revival server.

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
well your suggestions are good enough but i dont think these 3 points will make gameplay more comfortable.
1.) removing fall damage of humans, if we do this then it's hard to win for zombies because there are lots of bhoppers (you can do well, right?) like in few maps, zm_4way_fix, zm_mystic_halls and other... etc

2. noblock, if we do this then neither cts win a round nor zombies win a round plus this point is totally useless.
well if we add noblock for 15 seconds (till zombie spawn) on round_start then it would great! i guess.

3. Ammo, EliteHunterZ zombie mod server is not like other and EH server is unique hunting server in cs history. This point will totally useless if we add more ammo (or unlimited ammo) because cts will camp in a hard spot and they keep shooting if there is zombie or not (no matter).

im not happy to add this features and this features are came from zombie revival server.
First of all,I never played in zombie revival so I could never know what their features were.
Second,for the fall damage,thats the whole point I suggested it,to make fantastic looking escapes for hunters.
Third,I find my point far from being useless,but the disadvantages of putting my solution to use far outnumber the advantages sadly as Junior mentioned.
And finally,for the ammo suggestion,I was specifically talking about some special weapons (with trails) mappers put on some map places that basically have 0 reserve ammo or very low.
I never said to add unlimited ammo,and,no matter how much you spray on a gun you buy from buy zone,you can never run out of ammo in the 5 minutes(I myself have tried it with the M249 even).

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Let me start with this: Thank you for your feedback!

No suggestions made to improve gameplay and gaming expierence can ever be useless. And please: Everybody mind your language, you dont have to share the same opinion but neither you have to be offensive here. And dear Syntx, when it comes to useless forum threads I think you shouldnt throw the first stone.

Back to topic:

Junior made a comprehensive answer already - and it's true the first two proposals had already been discussed before, either in public or in the admin team or maybe both.

The fall damage and block system are important for realistic gameplay in my opinion - actually I searched many weeks back in the days to find a reasonable zombie server that doesnt have no fall damage, parachute, unlimited ammo, no reload, noblock or other newbie stuff xD - but this is my personal preferation, I bet lot of players enjoy servers offering those features. On the other hand I also think that our regular players appreciate our traditional settings just like I do. Changing those settings might solve one problem but comes with a hand of new problems, like Junior already pointed out.

For the special weapons: I've seen this too on some maps, without having any knowledge in map creating or editing I believe it can be easily fixed by a map update. And I doubt this effect was wanted.

Reactions: Soup^ and SyntX

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
  • No fall damage is an unfair advantage for humans, it will eliminate suicides, especially on Canals, but it will take a good chunk out of the gaming experience.
  • noblock all time enable, again, advantage and disadvantage for humans, like Junior mentioned it will be possible to camp 10 in a pipe and no fatty can touch them.
  • /ammo command, that could be ok, but special weapons come with "special abilities" no? 😛

Reactions: Woozu