Shotgun damage on Zombie v3

ELYSiUM

1 Mar 2016
Am I the only one that think the shotgun damage is too high on V3? As a zombie you start with 1600hp and a single headshot does ~600hp damage at close quarters. That is about 3 shots to death on a small map and then you respawn as CT so, when the server is full, the zombies seem to be at a big disadvantage on small maps.

It would be interesting to see some T:CT win ratio stats on some of the maps... assuming you wanted the maps to be balanced you could maybe tweak zombie mod to adjust damage on a map-by-map basis if the win ratios were off.

Last edited:

Angel DeathKing

31 May 2014
England, London
The HP is actually 1800 and if you think about it you have 3 shots to get an accurate shot at the head most shots are aimed not even at the head so if you think about it no its not that bad because you have to get loads of accurate shots. Anthoer thing is when you the ZM is moving you dont get 600hp and its usually up to 200hp if you get a headshot when its for me so really i dont know if it is but im my opinion i'd say no

Enissay

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
21 Aug 2012
Well, you're probbaly talking about V1 buddy. On V3, you a new born zombie starts with 3500hp and the mother zombie doubles that (+/-)

As of the shutgun damage, I've earlier made 700+ at close range (face to face)... It was scary & exciting as he almost got me before flying xD

Back to V1, I also do personally think that zombiez are really too weak, and since CTs there are real hunters they are thougher and I believe zombiez should get some more HP to have more chance to survive; and it's indeed worste in small maps like cbble where you have almost nowhere to hide with mobile CTs everywhere :x

Yet it's debatable, and i'm pretty sure V1 fans have their reasons aginst such suggestion, let's wait and see some of their reactions.

ELYSiUM

1 Mar 2016
The HP is actually 1800

Funny, I wrote 1800 originally but when I checked the server the HP said 1600, maybe it is 1600 on respawn or I just misread...

I agree with you for 1v1 (with the exception of tube camping) but on a full server the zombie is also suffering constant P90 fire from elsewhere and is liable to be shot towards another CT with a shotty.

I may be biased because when I starting playing zm ~6 years ago on the GE clan servers it was more about cading, etc. and that seems to be gone now in its 'pure' form. But that's why it would be interesting if there were stats on average CT:T wins.

Well, you're probbaly talking about V1 buddy. On V3, you a new born zombie starts with 3500hp and the mother zombie doubles that (+/-)

Ah dude, you're totally right, not sure why I said V3, I hardly play it! Could a mod edit the post/title please?

Last edited:

Nuntiuz Cudi

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
18 Jan 2015
Man On the Moon
steamcommunity.com
yep in v1 the shotgun, P90 and elites are OP. and as Enissay said the HP is low mother zombie gets around 3500 and the others around 1800 I believe. If we can make the new zombies the same HP as the mother. It would be more challenging.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
I disagree with some of you guys who wants the zombies hp to raise, from what i'm aware of it has been like this since the beginning, and the more hp the more camp. It would ruin the hunting. v1 would turn into v3. I agree it's too easy for humans on v1, but i'd rather see more mother zombies than more hp on the zombies.