25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
uploaded for testing

Reactions: Raider Wesley

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
This is probably the final version of the map. I adjusted some elements and removed shadows from some objects. Judging by the tests, the map is quite balanced, there is no need to add or remove anything. Enjoy the game everyone!

Attachments

• zm_royalcourt_eh_final.bsp
    20.2 MB · Views: 52

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
The admin easy was unhappy that the camper sites were too high, so I fixed them!

1706509887665.png

This camping site has been removed due to high altitude.

1706509935055.png

This camper site has been cut to half its height.

1706509990411.png

The height was trimmed at this point as well.

1706510035387.png

And here

1706510161179.png

Here the height was also cut by 2 times

Thank you for leaving feedback and pointing out mistakes, I always listen to your words!

Attachments

• zm_royalcourt_eh_final_v1.bsp
    20.1 MB · Views: 22

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
From this day on, the map is called zm_eh_royalcourt, instead of zm_royalcourt_eh.

(Admins, please rename the discussion title)

I optimized map better, if anyone was losing FPS, it should work better now

1706697461417.png

I noticed how players got stuck in this passage, so I made it wider

1706697518746.png

Players also got stuck on these steps. I made an invisible collision for them, and now the climb up the steps is smoother

1706697616021.png

Removed a bookcase and 1 vending machine from this place

1706697673031.png

From here the boxes were removed. Players could block the stairs with them, which would block the passage very much. Now there's only a sofa here, and you can't move it.

Attachments

• zm_eh_royalcourt_final_v2.bsp
    20.1 MB · Views: 22

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
I wanted to get to you before you updated some things,here is another spot that can cause balance problems,humans can climb up very high:

20240130200743_1.jpg

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
At the moment I think this map is still too unbalanced to be properly added as a special map option. The balance has shifted towards the zombies, but too much so, instead of easy CT wins it has turned into easy zombie wins. Before there were too many overpowered options for CTs, so the zombies didn't really have much of a chance. Now with the overpowered spots removed, the CTs have very little chance. I don't really play the game mode all that much so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think the problem is simply that there is too much going on. It is a very small map and it is cluttered with various camping options. None of them appear to be particularly overpowered, which is good, but because there are so many cluttered around the map the CTs are spread out across all of them, making each spot easier to conquer for the zombies. Perhaps the map could play a little nicer if it was a little less cluttered. Just something to think about, but in its current state I probably wouldn't officially add it as an option.

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
At the moment I think this map is still too unbalanced to be properly added as a special map option. The balance has shifted towards the zombies, but too much so, instead of easy CT wins it has turned into easy zombie wins. Before there were too many overpowered options for CTs, so the zombies didn't really have much of a chance. Now with the overpowered spots removed, the CTs have very little chance. I don't really play the game mode all that much so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but I think the problem is simply that there is too much going on. It is a very small map and it is cluttered with various camping options. None of them appear to be particularly overpowered, which is good, but because there are so many cluttered around the map the CTs are spread out across all of them, making each spot easier to conquer for the zombies. Perhaps the map could play a little nicer if it was a little less cluttered. Just something to think about, but in its current state I probably wouldn't officially add it as an option.
Well, I would also like to express my thoughts on this matter. I really don’t know how else to fix the map, no matter what I do, everything is always wrong. I don't think I will continue to support it because it doesn't make sense. Of course I’m upset, I won’t hide it, but I can’t do anything. However, thanks for supporting me and testing map, it was nice to see how people play!

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
And so what I want to say:
I wrote everything on discord, but I want to write it here just in case.
I think it's unfair that this map was rejected. Now I will give arguments why this map deserves another chance:

Map is too small​

Perhaps my map is really not the largest, but in the list of maps there are already small maps where camper points cover all zones that even zombies have nowhere to hide

zm_solo_eh

This map is very small, look at its size. Also, if all people sit on camper points, then zombies will have no chance to survive
1710414843510.png

zm_cbble_eh

Let's be honest, this map isn't as big as it looks. It is also filled with various camper sites, and each zone has a camper site from which you can see the entire area.
1710415503670.png

zm_little_italy

This is probably the smallest map. All the people can just sit on the roof, and not a single zombie will be able to escape unless he manages to climb into the sewer or enter the house. These are the only places where a zombie can survive; all other places are guaranteed death for him.
1710415049150.png

From this map we will move on to the next claim about my map:

Camping High Points​

I will give examples of maps that have VERY high camping points, but nevertheless, this does not prevent them from being in the main list of maps, in rotation

zm_lila_epic

1710415876731.png

This location alone causes some players to simply leave the server. This map is simply paradise for autosnipers. If you get there, there is a 90% chance you will survive.

zm_tr_eh_kapras

Another map with high points. Another paradise for autosnipers. The only reason why zombies can get there is the banal inattention of players who are too relaxed in these cozy places. They can also control the entire map, not counting underground rooms.
1710416064264.png

zm_dino_day

I don’t even need to comment here.
1710416275389.png

Yes, I removed all the high points on my map, made them lower, after which zombie victories became more frequent. This is another complaint about my map. But I have an answer to this too:

Frequent zombie victory​

I was told that my map was not suitable because the zombies began to win more often. Let me give you examples of maps where zombies win in most cases

zm_azduextincion_acp

A map where most camping sites are useless, no matter how I look, the zombies win. Instead of using cover, people have to run to the middle of the map and group up. This is the only way to win here.

1710416554586.png

zm_dust2_64

The situation is similar to the previous map. There is only one “But”. This is literally ordinary dust2, without any shelters. People also have to gather in one place to increase their chances of survival, and pray that none of them becomes a zombie mother.

1710416770285.png

Conclusion​

What I would like to say: This is not an attempt to humiliate any maps, this is not an attempt to present yours as a priceless diamond, no! I just want to prove why my map is worth your attention. People aren't fully familiar with it yet, so the balance may be very different in the beginning than when people fully explore the map. When making this map, I focused on some of the popular maps, such as cbble, rush final, fast final. These are undoubtedly good maps, and I wanted to do something similar. I ask the admins to consider my “appeal” and give the map a second chance...
You also understand that no matter how hard you try, the balance cannot be adjusted perfectly, and not all players may like my map, I do not deny this. But listen to those who liked this map. Don't take all my statements as rudeness, I just thought the rejection of my map was unfair

Good Luck HunterZ!

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
No map can be compared one for one with another map. They are all different and will all be played differently. Small maps can work well, large maps can work well.

There are no exact standards we use to select a map so there are no specific criteria I can tell you for you to achieve or that you didn't pass. Like I already told you in the past, what I believe is the biggest problem with this map is that you're trying to do too much with it, everything on the map is super cluttered. There are just too many things going on, and it could possibly be better if there were simply more open space.

The problems with your map can't be specifically broken down into something like "the map is too small", "it's too campy", or "zombies win too much". The small maps you referenced are designed so that they still play well despite being more cramped, the zombie-heavy maps you referenced promote a completely different game style which tends to favor zombies. They can't be directly compared to your map.

When I told you before why I thought the map was not designed well and why I wouldn't add it currently, you said you were going to give up on it. My position hasn't changed since then, I still think it is poorly designed for gameplay, and what I think you could change to possibly do something about that is the same thing I said a month ago. I brought up the balance with CTs winning too easily and then zombies winning too easily, not because the balance itself is important, but because it showed the map has flaws. The only reason CTs could originally win was because there were multiple spots where the zombies simply could not do anything. Then with those spots removed, it reversed and the CTs could do nothing to win. If you don't think that's a problem with the design of the map itself then I don't know what to tell you.

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
No map can be compared one for one with another map. They are all different and will all be played differently. Small maps can work well, large maps can work well.

There are no exact standards we use to select a map so there are no specific criteria I can tell you for you to achieve or that you didn't pass. Like I already told you in the past, what I believe is the biggest problem with this map is that you're trying to do too much with it, everything on the map is super cluttered. There are just too many things going on, and it could possibly be better if there were simply more open space.

The problems with your map can't be specifically broken down into something like "the map is too small", "it's too campy", or "zombies win too much". The small maps you referenced are designed so that they still play well despite being more cramped, the zombie-heavy maps you referenced promote a completely different game style which tends to favor zombies. They can't be directly compared to your map.

When I told you before why I thought the map was not designed well and why I wouldn't add it currently, you said you were going to give up on it. My position hasn't changed since then, I still think it is poorly designed for gameplay, and what I think you could change to possibly do something about that is the same thing I said a month ago. I brought up the balance with CTs winning too easily and then zombies winning too easily, not because the balance itself is important, but because it showed the map has flaws. The only reason CTs could originally win was because there were multiple spots where the zombies simply could not do anything. Then with those spots removed, it reversed and the CTs could do nothing to win. If you don't think that's a problem with the design of the map itself then I don't know what to tell you.
I understood your point. Okay, I'll still try to "simplify" the map. I will remove places that seem unnecessary in my opinion, and try to correct others.

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
And so, I would like to introduce you to a new version of the map, partially revised.

zm_eh_royalcourt_rework

The map become more free and get rid of some details. Campsites have also been redesigned!

1710547502800.png

The fence has become higher and you can no longer walk on it

1710547551662.png

1710547572914.png

1710547615442.png

1710547640790.png

1710547663891.png

1710547685941.png

These camper points have been redone.

1710547750499.png

1710547781458.png

Fences have been removed to allow for freer movement.

1710547882461.png

There are 2 windows left in the room of the small house instead 3

1710547943501.png

The room in the wall has become 2 times smaller

Little things:
Collisions have been removed from some lamps
Optimization has been slightly improved
The grass has been changed

I hope players will like this version of the map more than the previous one. Now defeating zombies will not be as easy as before, and there is more space to move!
If you find any errors on the map, let me know and write about them, I will correct them as soon as possible!

Good Luck HunterZ!

Attachments

• zm_eh_royalcourt_rework.bsp
    19.9 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: Kr1pT1c