Tweak to zm_an_Kapras

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Hi lovelies, i would like to suggest a change on Kapras map (can only comment on v3 as that is all i have played), it's a good map but it can often decend into a shooting gallery or with a few zombies camping the ladders to the underground, it can induce a hunt but it does nothing for people who camp the containers, stagnating their role. I am not trying to defend them, i don't like camping either but people play for all different reasons.

The zombie role after a minute or so can feel dry so they will try to ambush in the underground, not always bad but it slows down the gameplay for campers and zombies, too much of that makes the rounds feel drawn out. I think a good solution would be to not disturb those roles but give zombies more options to build momentum back up again.

What i would like to suggest is reducing the amount of damage this
Z0Hcyk6.jpg
takes to destroy and the destination of this teleporter
RUnaclE.jpg
possibly to here
QsrUmzm.jpg
. The upside of this is to offer more choices for the zombies and give some action to the roles. From this spot you could ambush the hunters near the underground (you'd still have to run a gauntlet to get through the container campers) or a couple of zombies could try sneak round here
3fyPleN.jpg
for a long jump/RB. It also gives humans more reason for activating this teleporter
t29lJkv.jpg
and give this room
GpRGP6b.jpg
a little more utility than just smutty spray room ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

The ambush factor is still there on the map and this change doesn't stifle any of the roles, people can still camp the containers (and will still succeed), if anything, it enhances all roles by giving the campers more fodder (with or without a successful ambush), hunters will still hunt (not everyone knows how to get into the armoury and will still camp underground) and gives the zombies more options and planning (kinda like gathering zombies on the train in rush final). If you can turn enough zombies with the ambush then you can have a good shot at taking down the container campers.

Currently the teleporter takes you here
bL68kuk.jpg
, but it might as well be taking you here
bQyW4wa.jpg
.I get that room is made for humans, in all the times i played the map, almost no human uses it.

I could easily be overlooking something due to stuff i don't know about the game mechanics or map secrets etc, if i am then roast me. Had to load up the maps to make sure the names are correct
hyeMhTV.png

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
Never played the map myself cause I'm a v1 pleb and this map is only on v3 so no need to worry about commenting for v1 mate. Just want to say looks like some good work you put here :D

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Cheers Lotus, the good thing about the change is it isn't too intrusive and more than likely won't make a huge difference, but it will at least give more spots humans have to watch and increasing their chance of failure (which is extremely low on this map anyway). Most wins are RNG based (lucky if the infection starts in the right places), this change at least might give zombies more wins than good dice rolls.

Us V3 are the real plebs :D i am not great at the game but watching 20 zombies gyrate against each other trying to get one human is painful.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Didn't know this map was V3 only or i would have made a different post initially, seeing as the staff here mostly play V1 i wouldn't expect much (if any) feedback on this. Maybe i should have included a video showing how the average round goes. Spent a couple of hours getting to know the SDK and this change would take 2 minutes max (if any change was decided).

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017

Just to give a bit of context, zombies are underground, the way up is blocked by vending machines put there by "hunters", even when they don't put the machines there, the hunters are camping the ladders so they don't go down and zombies don't come up. The teleporter underground takes you to where that zombie spawned in and got peppered, not everyone knows how to get to it anyway but it's pointless for zombies to use it. Almost all those shots you are hearing are firmly aimed at inanimates and not zombies, people stabbing thin air, shooting each other out of boredom.

It's a nice map but this situation is too much of a stalemate.