steam id: STEAM_1:1:17967152
reason: SMAC: Eye Test Violation - has happened to multiple people just now
when: 7:27pm 24th Jan

Thanks gotchya

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
I'm gonna trust Smac on this one, it was down for a day because of the update valve had. With other words, a great day for hackers to ruin the fun on the servers. Luckily we got it updated and it banned 6 guys within 5 minutes (It's 99% right when it comes to aimbot) . Ban stays.

Loc

24 Jan 2013
I'm gonna trust Smac on this one, it was down for a day because of the update valve had. With other words, a great day for hackers to ruin the fun on the servers. Luckily we got it updated and it banned 6 guys within 5 minutes (It's 99% right when it comes to aimbot) . Ban stays.

Hi,

Got ban too for " smac : eye test violation "
I don't really care for the ban because there's plenty of DM.
But can guarantee you there's false positive , try to see with SMAC if there's no pb with that eye test violation because it will ban several people for nothing.
Maybe a bug with resolution 4/3 on 16/10 (stretched) or stuff like that.

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
I will look in to it, you're unbanned for now, all of you.

Loc

24 Jan 2013
k nice reaction !

Can help if information on setup or cfg needed. :)

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
k nice reaction !

Can help if information on setup or cfg needed. :)

We removed the autoban for it, problems with false positives as you said.

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
I don't really know anything about smac or much about the source engine, but if smac gave false positive bans on cs:go, couldn't it have also given false positives for the css servers? I'm only mentioning this as I think I have seen quite a few bans for 'eye test violation' both ingame and on sourcebans. It's just the people who got banned for that reason might have gotten wrongfully banned and they don't even know it :/

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
I don't really know anything about smac or much about the source engine, but if smac gave false positive bans on cs:go, couldn't it have also given false positives for the css servers? I'm only mentioning this as I think I have seen quite a few bans for 'eye test violation' both ingame and on sourcebans. It's just the people who got banned for that reason might have gotten wrongfully banned and they don't even know it :/

Smac has been stable on css for a while so the bans there shouldn't be false, but it isn't stable for csgo as you can see. I turned it off until another update comes. Yesterday valve released an update for csgo which crashed most plugins, smac was to much in a hury to fix it and this is the end result of it.