Ungag Request: Ronin.

Ronin.

29 Jun 2016
Member Name: Ronin.

Name: Ronin.

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:151412053

Gag reason: Bad language

Ungag reason: I have only one word used to a noob (my opinion) and the word was "bastard" and I knew nothing that idiot was an admin because I thought his name is even idiot and I thinked wtf etc. and said to him also "Stfu" and he gave me 6 months gag. Yes I know maybe because of my previous gaggs but 6 months but I find its too much for 2 words which are not quite bad (Soph is also insulting to havoc XD (ffs, fck off) ). If you can't ungag me, at least I want you to shorten this gag bit. Thanks for the attention :)

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Regarding the word bastard, the meaning is comparable to son of a bitch and such stuff, so for most people this is a bit more personal than something like fck off. Anyway I am not interested to discuss if that was a minor offense.

There are two reasons why I spend so much effort in changing my names to work 'undercover': See what people just misbehave as soon as they don't recognize an admin on the server is the main reason! But it is also quite interesting to see how people behave when a 'less important player' points you to the rules. Admins are not really more important than other players and if admin or any player is so kind to give you a friendly hint what you made wrong and that you should avoid such bad words, you should be thankful he gives you that hint instead of just making a screenshot for a gag request. You often insulted people and got gagged for it but I thought I give you a chance and wrote you that hint but your reaction should that you obviously don't care about it unless it is someone who is able to punish you for it.
We give a lot of warnings and just increase gag/ban durations step by step, these are lots of chances you won't find on most servers. So please take that chance to learn from it, to improve your behaviour (might also be helpful in real life and not only on our servers) and be kind and respectful to all players, especially when people try to help you with constructive criticism!

Your last ban was 2 months, so it would be fair to reduce it to 4 months but I can just select 3 months. Regarding the fact that you obviously didn't learn from all those gags, I think that this offer is already quite good. But I see that this is your first official ungag request and 3 months is still quite a long time. I will reduce the ban to 1 month! But keep in mind, the next gag might stay for 6 months!

Ronin.

29 Jun 2016
Thanks and next time you can at least warn me 1 time because you gagged me so directly and I was schocked xD

Last edited:

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I got a simple rule: I warn people once or in the meantime already twice before I perform a ban. Rejoiners are an exception just like people who behaves wrong in the chat. Those people might get much more warnings before I ban/gag them for it. I usually don't note who was warned for such stuff so I usually just start acting when people misbehaved that often that I still remember on my own that they did it multiple times. But I am not going to give a warning each time I meet you on the server before acting, over time you should learn to behave automatically and not just for a short moment after an admin warned you.
One thing you should keep in mind: It doesn't make a difference for me if I warned you before or someone else. In your case it is possible that I was never the person who warned you but I saw your records and that showed me you got warned and punished often enough and should already know better.
Apart from these circumstances, you still got the friendly hint of me as 'usual player' which should be as good as a warning from an admin! =)