Why are people liking "4_way_fix" so much?

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Hi all,

I do not like 4_way at all: it is big, you have to spend a lot of time going around (I hate jogging) and it strongly favors zombies. I do not know if we can see historically how many times zombies won, but I think it beats the other team by a long shot.
In my view this map should be "retired".
Why does a lot of you like it?

Kind regards,
Spells

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
As people have requested this map removed before I'll just copy what a staff member has said about it:

"4way is most likely never going to be removed, it is (by many of us) considered the best map on the server, a lot of players dislike it because they don't know how to play it but a lot of players love it as well which is the reason as to why it is played a lot. 4way is a perfect hunting map, humans can run around in tunnels or hallways and hunt the zombies, the zombies have a fair chance of winning as well. A lot of players does indeed go to the platform on the top of the map and you can get there on many different ways but that is only if you are there to camp, 4way is a fair map for both humans and zombies, if you know the right things to do as zombie you can easily get the humans camping on the platform and around the map, it's a well designed zombiemod map in my opinion.
If you are camping then 4way is probably boring but if you try to run around and hunt the zombies it is a lot of fun."

and:

"4way it is still a popular map, you may not like it but others do which is why it is played so often. You can easily hunt alone even if the server is neatly full, you just need to go to the right places. We are not going to remove 4way as of now as it is still one of the most played maps."

However if you are playing the map and want to speed things up you could always use the command "rtv" to show that you want to "Rock The Vote" and if enough players rtv's a mapvote will initiate and map changes shortly after.

In the future you could use this thread if you have any other add/remove request: maps | List + Add/Remove requests!

Reactions: YoungBuck and easy

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
I got nothing to add. Thanks Paw.

Spells

1 Jun 2020
Thanks PAW for your reply.

1. every time people try to "hunt" (i.e. not going to the platform) it seems that they get "chewed up" by zombies really bad (i. e. they lose big time).
2. "people do not know where to go": c'mon guys, it is supposed to be a team thing but everybody acts like they are for themselves. Yes, there could be a few places to go, but I have rarely seen people doing it.

There are cool hunting maps that are very cool, but not this one.

I appreciate you replying though.