☑ [WIP] zm_choddalegos

MasterChodda

24 Jan 2017
Can we test this map please?
link removed
zm_choddalegos_a3
by: MasterChodda/Darth Ganja
Made for Zombie hunting Server - Thanks!

Attachments

• zm_choddaslegos_a3.bsp
    19.9 MB · Views: 115
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Molsted

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
Hello mate!

Thanks for the link, I will download it and test it soon :) stay tuned!

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
it's on v1 for testing :)

Reactions: MasterChodda

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
Welcome :D

I find this map very interesting and would love to try it out on v3. I have some feedback, if you want it. I´ll leave out the positive aspects of the map and instead just say that the map is awesome and i encourage people to check it out!

A: The secret might be my favorite part of the map but i dont think it should be a secret at all. Because the map is otherwise linear, i think it helps to create a nice flow to be able to "loop" back. As far as i know, zombies can camp in the tunnel after the entrance, which im not a huge fan of. Maybe both zombies and cts could get tp´ed out after a little while if not going further?

B: The spot, in the picture below, could cause some issues with lag as this tend to happen, when both cts and zombies clump up and block eachother.

1628022030761.png

C: Unless im missing something, you can only go back to spawn with a tp. If this is the case, i think you should add a normal way to get back.

D: The 2 doorways below should be wider in my opinion. I get the idea of it, but in general i think hunting should be prioritized and these could be to narrow, when moving in a group.

1628025553493.png

MasterChodda

24 Jan 2017
Welcome :D

I find this map very interesting and would love to try it out on v3. I have some feedback, if you want it. I´ll leave out the positive aspects of the map and instead just say that the map is awesome and i encourage people to check it out!

A: The secret might be my favorite part of the map but i dont think it should be a secret at all. Because the map is otherwise linear, i think it helps to create a nice flow to be able to "loop" back. As far as i know, zombies can camp in the tunnel after the entrance, which im not a huge fan of. Maybe both zombies and cts could get tp´ed out after a little while if not going further?

B: The spot, in the picture below, could cause some issues with lag as this tend to happen, when both cts and zombies clump up and block eachother.

View attachment 13932

C: Unless im missing something, you can only go back to spawn with a tp. If this is the case, i think you should add a normal way to get back.

D: The 2 doorways below should be wider in my opinion. I get the idea of it, but in general i think hunting should be prioritized and these could be to narrow, when moving in a group.

View attachment 13934
Thank you very much for the feedback, I really appreciate your thoughts. I completely agree with you and will make these changes for the next iteration of the map. I still have a bit to do like skybox. <3
Thank you!

MasterChodda

24 Jan 2017
OK, here is the updated map -Not finished just addressed many issues:

• Made the slider room/Pyramid a non secret. It is now accessible via 2 teleporters at spawn
  • Widened many doorways and passages to promote hunting and minimize lags
  • New spot additions, filled in some open dead space
  • fixed spawn room, no more camping
  • Fixed no fall damage, works now no matter what path you take
  • in the yellow room where the original path to pyramid was and susceptible to camping, I made a 45 second time to teleport anyone in there back to spawn. It will TP every 45 seconds anyone in the tunnel lol Secret TP is still there just goes elsewhere now

Hope you like, still todo - skybox and tidy up lighting!
Map File Here
Thanks again! @moisted

Reactions: Molsted

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'204
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Here is some thoughts after testing the map.

1. map seems way to big and confusing, i could be wrong!
2. The teleport destination to the spawn is going to make it a hell for cts, alot of cts are gonna fail the surf spot and get teleported back where 10 zombies are waiting to kill you, and im afraid the map will get rtv'd instantly.
3. i highly suggest you remove this spot: https://gyazo.com/0eb1b956d558f1165016bb71cf1e028c since when everyone finds that teleport they are all gonna camp up there and there is only 1 way to get there.
4. Ive noticed a pattern that some of your camping spots are to low, zombies can easily infect cts here and its gonna make cts rage https://gyazo.com/26c7e309fbedf24d878a3fc7c1e44953

Just some quick findings, hope it helps!

Last edited:

MasterChodda

24 Jan 2017
Here is some thoughts after testing the map.

2. The teleport destination to the spawn is going to make it a hell for cts, alot of cts are gonna fail the surf spot and get teleported back where 10 zombies are waiting to kill you, and im afraid the map will get rtv'd instantly.
3. i highly suggest you remove this spot: https://gyazo.com/0eb1b956d558f1165016bb71cf1e028c since when everyone finds that teleport they are all gonna camp up there and there is only 1 way to get there.
4. Ive noticed a pattern that some of your camping spots are to low, zombies can easily infect cts here and its gonna make cts rage https://gyazo.com/26c7e309fbedf24d878a3fc7c1e44953

Just some quick findings, hope it helps!
Thanks for feedback, answers below:

-Maybe, but it seems to be in line with most maps on the server. I have seen huge and confusing maps on the server but I love that. Gives me things to explore :) Also, I can show you how to move quickly around the map to the various areas. I will be expanding them also to make it even easier to move around as I agree it is huge man!! LOL

-Maybe, but please consider the teleport is not only for the pyramid area. There are many great spots there too so it is not the only objective.
There are several ways to get to the pyramid/techno area. I intend to make more.

-I agree, this spot is not finished though and I will be addressing your concern in next version for sure. It is not going away but rather expanding. I have plans for it :)

-Completely agree, this spot is one I made early on and am still considering where i want to go with it. Originally, it was just an idea for a placeholder. May not stay. However, there are many many spots on this map and I love to make a good noob trap. Don't you? lol

Your thoughts are extremely helpful. Thank you for taking the time to do this. <3