zm_eh_aztec

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
Hello everyone and good health!

We all know that on V3 we have dust2, this is a classic and popular map from the CSS game space, someone loves it, someone doesn't, someone is in the mood, but one way or another we have it in nominate.
I suggest that if we already have a classic map, then change it to another classic map or add 1-2 more maps, for example cs_mansion, or cs_militia, but more I would like to play on de_aztec, it is large, which is suitable for our server , 64 people after all.
Sometimes yes, there is a desire for variety, but this dust, these sands are already pretty tired, and in the de_aztec map the lighting is quite gloomy, and the setting is very suitable for a zombie, and this decoration, shine! You can add it for a week as an experiment, for example, see player reviews, and it is possible to make this decision for service in the future, I mean updating / replacing classic maps!

Reactions: Lord Ansgaar

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
123.png
1234.png

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Hello mate,

all classic maps need fixes before they can be tested and added to the nomination. For example camping on columns or roof that shouldnt be there in our mod, 64 spawns and spots that cant be reached by zombiez from at least two sides. All maps should be balanced, same refers to all spots on a map. therefore we cannot simply use a map from another mod for our zombiehunting servers unfortunately.

The map looks like it could work but there are issues to fix, I dont remember them all (we checked it some years ago) but here is an example:

1636917572329.png

CTs could camp there as you can reach this spot via rb.

In short: First of all a map maker should work on those maps before they can be tested, just like it happened with cs_italy (=zm_italy_reload_fix), dust (=zh_dust_1_epic_v6) and dust2 (=zm_dust2_64_v1).

Reactions: YLuTbI4

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
In short: First of all a map maker should work on those maps before they can be tested, just like it happened with cs_italy (=zm_italy_reload_fix), dust (=zh_dust_1_epic_v6) and dust2 (=zm_dust2_64_v1).
Hello, yes, we worked with cs_italy, I saw it, but now this is not a classic map, but essentially a reworked map for zm, dust1_epic is also a map completely reworked, I will not say anything bad about it, I like it, but dust2 essentially remained classic, we only worked in fact, over a respawn for 64 people, at least fixes, but people on it sometimes have fun.
That's what I'm talking about, to make a minimum of corrections, which shouldn't take much time for an experienced mapper, you have such people, for example Das Huhn, Jonas, like, some more who remain in the shadow of the project, so I can't be sure of them name ... I myself do not own these skills, but perhaps some of these great people will notice this topic and show courage in this quirky business!
De_aztec itself is a beautiful and exciting map, plus nostalgia for it seems to me to attract the attention of players and will at least keep the current one online

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
I agree again - I prefered the fist classic version of dust_epic too. But unfortunately CTs were unable to hold the middle (as if they never played this map before), so the fixes and map maker's idea was to balance it better to make it possible to be played on v3. Now we got a reworked funny map with special weapons, increased/new map territory and other special features (cannons, teleports, fire, etc.).

Working on our community and project is voluntary or honorary - so let's see if a map maker shares your wish about this map :) but beware: Most map makers enjoy adding special features to maps they edit ;)

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
I had de_aztec in mind for a long time. As you said earlier it is a easy and quick job, so let me edit it and make it playable for zombie mode but I can’t obligate it to be ready soon, I hope I will be able to find time at this weekend and work on it.

I will try to find more bugs that needed to be fixed, if you anyone can help with finding more bugs and save time it will be cool ;)

Btw, If any map maker can edit it before me , go ahead, it might take me a while as I said earlier ; ).

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
I hoped you gonna read this my friend. Gimme a call when map is ready for upload and testing :)

Maybe @YLuTbI4 wants to help too? If so: add me on steam.

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
That should be it ^^.

Changes log:
Team-spawn zone: I decided to change both teams spawn zone 1: new spawn-zone near the "B bombsite" zone and the second: at the "Water" zone. My decision followed because of the reason that it will be almost impossible for both teams to survive, therefore, I cleared both original spawns zone from random spawns because they have the most potential to give a team the opportunity to survive there as a team without zombies randomly spawning there.

Bugs: Pretty sure I fixed any possible bug. Tell me if you notice a bug : )

Attachments

• zm_eh_aztec_v1_0.bsp
    14.4 MB · Views: 110

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
moved this thread to mapping forum.

uploaded for testing (v1)

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
This is what I could find :)

Attachments

• Counter-strike Source 2021.11.19 - 22.01.42.01.mp4
    121.8 MB · Views: 0
  • Bug 3.jpg
    Bug 3.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 110
  • Bug 2.jpg
    Bug 2.jpg
    600.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Bug 1.jpg
    Bug 1.jpg
    537.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Counter-strike Source 2021.11.19 - 22.05.39.02.mp4
    135.9 MB · Views: 0

The Bear Jew

Mapper
Ex Admin
Donator
6 Jul 2019
Israel
Changelog:
Added: a few spots for humans.
Bugs: EH ads should be fixed, if not, will be removed due to unknown errors.

Attachments

• zm_eh_aztec_v1_2.bsp
    14.5 MB · Views: 100

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia

Thank you bear for your time and work done, this card really has potential, great potential, both in the classic style, in the ZM style, and in the Das Huhn style, I think. However, a few words about the current map!

Here (place B) crawls out of the textures the corner of the box

123.png

Such an orgy happens in the console, perhaps you need server settings, there are about a hundred processes per second

12.png

Last edited:
Reactions: The Bear Jew

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
This is part of the content of the processes in the console

recacheVars: error loading vmt file for xylon/ehblood2
CMaterial::precacheVars: error loading vmt file for xylon/ehblood2
CMaterial::precacheVars: error loading vmt file for wolfy/eh_logo3
CMaterial::precacheVars: error loading vmt file for xylon/eh_make_demo_1
CMaterial::DrawElements: No bound shader

Instead of smiles, two colons

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
Here, under the bridge, you can put two small obstacles along the edges so that people can hold a position, we take up the playing space of the map

123123.png

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
I liked this place, an interesting box, this is a trap for a noob))) Or an interesting place for a pro and an amateur to tickle your nerves))

32.png

YLuTbI4

22 Apr 2020
Russia
Well, in order to again take up the playing space of the map, and at the same time not violate its classic look, I propose a couple of options to make a few simple places

1212.png

12312.png

221.png