Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Title of map: HillBilly Backyard
Link to Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ak6f7b8084i1vdq/zm_hillbilly_backyard_v1.bsp
Link to Map(compressed): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ovq28iouefh6ujv/zm_hillbilly_backyard_v1.rar

Known Issues:
The zombie-canon shoots to many exploding barrels. (this i need feedback on)
The hillbilly-house has graphical glitches. (some of the walls)
The vine-racks in the hillbilly-house are not solid. (can't seem to fix this)
Its BIG.

Text:
This is my first map, so i need alot of feedback. Be gentle with me..

The idea was to add anything strange you could find in a HillBillys backyard.

I would love to play this with someone, but i don't know how to set it up,
and i don't know how to play in zombie-mod.

anyway, i need all the feedback i can get :)

Last edited:

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Pictures:
48Orl.jpg 48Osd.jpg
48Otn.jpg 48Oua.jpg
48Ovb.jpg 48OvV.jpg

Vindictive

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
10 Aug 2013
UK
I haven't played it yet, but by the looks of some of the pictures there are some OP camping spots, in my opinion OP camping spots can ruin it a bit, so try to make sure you remove as much as them as possible, i.e. by having 2 entrances etc. (sorry if i sound patronizing :3)

Last edited:

Sauce_Piquante :D

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
7 Apr 2013
Narvik, Norway
Nor xD all your custom texture are not included in your map so when i launch it i have tons of pink and black textures :D
You need a software like packrat or pack bsp to include every custom stuff in your map. Actually you are the one who have these textures so I can't do it for you.
download this software, pack your map, and all your custom stuff will be downloaded with the map :)

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com

Vindictive

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
10 Aug 2013
UK
Now that the textures are fixed the map seems better, great map NOR would love to have a game of zombies on it :p

Reactions: WolfRam

Sajco Lucky Headshoot

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
26 Nov 2012
Sweden
I dont like this map it will be way to hard for zombies and it look more like a camping map then a hunting good jobb on map but wont be good for zm if you ask me.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Can't wait to test it. Looks crazy ^^

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'207
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
In my opinion its waaaaaaaaay to big for Zombie Hunting, wierd teleports, wierd textures, idk i dont like this map at all :c sorry

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
thats okey, im not hurt at all.. D:

naw, but i need feedback, so any opinion is good.
It's a bit big, the reason for that is i wanted to create the rush like in the beginning of 4way, but without the blocking problem. the only potential blocking i can think of may be the elevator. So i need to test that with many players.
Also, the action is centered at 2 places, that island where you start, and where the zombie-canon is. The road upwards and the plane that leads to the bunker is pretty empty so there will be limited protection for CT.
My first priority when making it was that is was supposed to be as fun to be zombie as CT, and i think it is :)

anyway, im still working on it, trying to optimize the thing, fixing bugs and stuff. (the weird textures and teleports stays btw, because i like them)

so, thanks for the response :)