Feedback on the Zombie Escape server.

Infinity

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
27 Aug 2012
Germany Bavaria
Teleport motherzombie to spawn is now added back since it didn't work out good. When the server is more popular i will remove it again but for now it will stay!

Dont see the sense ?
When there are not that many players, and Zombies get teleported back its even more easier and there will not be many zombies..
When there are more players it would be more ok to teleport them back (since it's a bigger amount of Zombies)

Many newer maps have it added in their on map settings, but haven't seen it server sided..
I play ZE since 4-5 years, and have even helped set servers up on i3d, and I have never seen any server which has it for every map as default, and there is a reason for it, for some maps, it just dont work out

Please remove it..

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
We played yesterday about 5 maps with 8 gamers. When the zombie spawned it was able to knife a big amount of players immediatly and the humans weren't able to survive. Especially on the surf map, the zombie knifed every human who came through the teleporter because it happened that the first surfer became a zombie. We played 15 rounds and only 3 as supposed as they should. Furthermore, we played a map where you had to wait for a door to open at the beginning. Every human waited in front of it. And then one of them became the zombie...

It really sucked -.-

So we decided to teleport the zombie back. But when there are more players we'll change again. Otherwise it makes no sense and no fun.

Infinity

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
27 Aug 2012
Germany Bavaria
Then its an old Version of the Surf map, a updated Version has fixed that.
And yes, for -some- maps it is good.. but other maps are getting bored and destroyed by it and takes away the "pressure" and fun in the beginning..

Just running without looking around, trying not to get infected is boring as hell, rather have a few more "fail" rounds (which are fun too sometimes) and the rounds are a lot more interesting, then just running everytime which makes the rounds beeing all the same.
More unique rounds, less boring rounds :D !

Enissay

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
21 Aug 2012
I agree with NoMatt3r ...

In the future, the best will be to teleport zm on some maps [like the one with the door at the begining], and not on others...

I don't know if it's easy to do, but I'm sure this will be good :)

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'205
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Things that need to be fixed, Bhop, and !zspawn, Salem did it today and he got to be a Ct even when the Zombies were out, dunno its cuz hes head admin, but yeah

got blunt

BANNED
3 Feb 2012
Arnhem,Holland
We played yesterday about 5 maps with 8 gamers. When the zombie spawned it was able to knife a big amount of players immediatly and the humans weren't able to survive. Especially on the surf map, the zombie knifed every human who came through the teleporter because it happened that the first surfer became a zombie. We played 15 rounds and only 3 as supposed as they should. Furthermore, we played a map where you had to wait for a door to open at the beginning. Every human waited in front of it. And then one of them became the zombie...

It really sucked -.-

So we decided to teleport the zombie back. But when there are more players we'll change again. Otherwise it makes no sense and no fun.

true, wasnt fun att all+ was ingame+ and some maps it would better when zombies spawn @ spawn and other maps would be more fun if zombies spawn next to you, so like SPA said give it more time and more feedback, so in the end of the day we will have an good ZE server
after some time: we dont expect it to be all perfect, but we just giving each other some feedback+ own thought i (agree with you all)

Zm_Prod

9 Mar 2012
I'm sorry for troubling you guys with the zombie spawner.. but yeah, like some guys said that we can use it for some maps and disable it for the other maps.

Also, thanks for reading my feedback and fixing alot in the server! :D Keep on the goodwork ;)

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
Knockback is now increased from 3.0 to 4.0

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Maybe i am the only one but my css crashes frequently when playing on the ze server. It doesn't matter which map. We just played Titanic and suddenly ERROR (Reference Count for Material)

Vydx

30 Oct 2011
Strange...I didn't get an error, however my request would be to disable this 'zombie vision' it's very irritating. The zombies should have the same view as they have in the zombiehunting servers, not red with a bulge in the middle..

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
This red hud hurts my eyes. If you don't change it, i'll get cancer for sure :p

Enissay

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
21 Aug 2012
Strange...I didn't get an error, however my request would be to disable this 'zombie vision' it's very irritating. The zombies should have the same view as they have in the zombiehunting servers, not red with a bulge in the middle..

bind z "zombie_vision"

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
or just press N ._.

Killertudse

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA