26 May 2018
Denmark
Name ** Godlike |||
SteamID STEAM_0:0:34417049
Server Zombie Hunting V3
Time and Date 19:49 GMT+1 I think, April 25th

Ban Reason Reconnecting
Additional Information
He disconnected to avoid being killed, so he didn't lose rank points. Didn't reconnect.

I'll attach a demo this time, but it's very long, don't know how to edit it or anything. Go to the last part of the demo.

Edit: He reconnected a few minutes later.

1YT1uof.png

Proof Demo

Attachments

• day2_2.dem
    15.9 MB · Views: 141

ViRuS

Donator
24 Dec 2012
Hello after view your demo I saw player disconnect before he died watched this guy ban history and i could not find anything i think he is new player. So he may not know this is not allowed, i will warn him about this or next time will be sanctioned. i hope you understand why im not setting ban for this.
Regards ViRuS

Gower

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
26 May 2018
Denmark
Hello after view your demo I saw player disconnect before he died watched this guy ban history and i could not find anything i think he is new player. So he may not know this is not allowed, i will warn him about this or next time will be sanctioned. i hope you understand why im not setting ban for this.
Regards ViRuS

I just tried to play the demo in my CS, every time I skip ticks, it closes/crashes the demo. But i'm not sure what you mean. He disconnected to avoid dying, right? I also looked at his ban history, searching with SteamID, and it appears that he has 2 bans. 1 for disconnecting.

https://i.imgur.com/wzT25gs.png

Here's my YT video, just to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

So he's not a new player and has been punished for this behaviour previously. :)

Attachments

• wzT25gs.png
    wzT25gs.png
    78 KB · Views: 81

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Demo viewer isn't exactly the greatest/most flawless part of CS, it will tend to crash often when you try to do things like skipping forward, usually best to just fast forward as fast as you can, even though some options are shown, that doesn't mean they actually work :p

Also just so you know, disconnecting to avoid a death is not inherently against our rules, it's just the reconnecting which is punished

Gower

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
26 May 2018
Denmark
Demo viewer isn't exactly the greatest/most flawless part of CS, it will tend to crash often when you try to do things like skipping forward, usually best to just fast forward as fast as you can, even though some options are shown, that doesn't mean they actually work :p

Also just so you know, disconnecting to avoid a death is not inherently against our rules, it's just the reconnecting which is punished

But he reconnected a few minutes later as seen in the screenshot, perhaps server was full or he was playing it safe.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Yeah I saw your edit but your initial request before that was only involving the disconnecting which wouldn't be bannable in itself, that is what I am referring to

Reactions: 1nfomercial

Gower

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
26 May 2018
Denmark
Yeah I saw your edit but your initial request before that was only involving the disconnecting which wouldn't be bannable in itself, that is what I am referring to
Okay, that's fine. So it's only punishable if they INSTANTLY rejoin and not a few minutes later? :p

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
No I mean if they only disconnect then it isn't against the rules per se. That is what you had originally reported him for, that's all I'm telling you, rejoining a couple minutes later is still pretty much the same as doing it in a few seconds, but your initial report only concerned disconnecting, not rejoining.

Gower

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
26 May 2018
Denmark
No I mean if they only disconnect then it isn't against the rules per se. That is what you had originally reported him for, that's all I'm telling you, rejoining a couple minutes later is still pretty much the same as doing it in a few seconds, but your initial report only concerned disconnecting, not rejoining.

I see, but as a regular user, the grace period of editing posts is 20/30 minutes (i tried). I put that in my initial post before ViruS replied to the thread, a day later. So my report is technically valid, right? :p