DM server bad settings

Meridian

20 Oct 2013
Hi,

I just want to share my opinion on 2 very bad settings on CS:GO deathmatch server.
1. Silent respawns
2. Too long protection respawn period

The first is randomness friendly - so it better suits for unaware, less skilled players.
The second is abuse friendly - again, too much time for a player to get aware of his surroundings - suits less skilled players.

If you can argue, that everybody has the same conditions and therefore its fair - this is an invalid argument, because we could set no sound for everybody - certainly it would be fair, but would it be enjoyable ?
I think these settings criple the joy from gameplay.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
hey,
thanks for the feedback,

I'd love to hear from GEO as well (which currently holds the management of that server)

We're happy to improve :)

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
Hey Meridian and thanks for the feedback. I will take a look in to the settings as soon as i get some time. I do remember turning the spawn sound off though. The radar already gives away your position when you spawn as an enemy and therefor i thought silent respawns would help a little bit. It didn't, so i increased the protection time since otherwise you would just die over and over again.

Unfortunately the "spawn with friendlys" setting only works part time and i believe if i can get that to work fully i can remove both of your requested settings.

I will try to fix it so everyone is happy when i have the time to do so. :)

Meridian

20 Oct 2013
You´ve got some friendly attitude, guys - i appreciate it.
This is just my subjective view - maybe the majority of players prefer it this way.
Majority of respawns are in "friendly territory" and i dont think you can eliminate completely some of the respawns "behind enemy lines" - but when this happens, the respawn guy has free frags (nobody can look at radar nonstop) - i just prefer the chance to react to respawn sound - but either way it will be very difficult to balance these settings - too wide skill range and preferences of players to be accounted for.

Geo

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
10 Dec 2011
You´ve got some friendly attitude, guys - i appreciate it.
This is just my subjective view - maybe the majority of players prefer it this way.
Majority of respawns are in "friendly territory" and i dont think you can eliminate completely some of the respawns "behind enemy lines" - but when this happens, the respawn guy has free frags (nobody can look at radar nonstop) - i just prefer the chance to react to respawn sound - but either way it will be very difficult to balance these settings - too wide skill range and preferences of players to be accounted for.

We appreciate your feedback! :) Anyways, i changed the spawn protection time from 2 to 1 sec, hopefully this will help.
However the respawn time is tricky, I played some on the server just right now and it seems some respawns makes a sound and others doesn't.
I will look in to it tomorrow though and hopefully fix it! :)