Denied+ Abuse Report: ceddy67

Schism

27 Feb 2019
Admin's Name ceddy67
Time and date 2019-07-07 (somewhat after 04:30 PM)
Server ZM with snipers.
Description
Hi,
My name in-game is 'brake' and I was gagged (and slapped without knowing my intentions) by the admin 'ceddy67' which I felt weren't warranted at all. The map we played on was 16chambers, as can be seen in the below screenshots (sadly the screenshots wouldn't display actual images here, so I had to link them):

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1795502140
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1795502334
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1795502874

To get some context to the above screenshots, I wanted to remove a vending machine that people used to boost themselves up to the ledge ceddy67 among other CT's where at. My aim was to get the vending machine down to the bottom where the door is located to more easily block off incoming zombies, and by removing the vending machine from the top I'd let people boost themselves using me instead.

However, ceddy67 was very quick at resorting to admin resources. I tried to flip the vending machine by standing on top of it and holding E, but was quickly slapped a few times by ceddy67 (and issued the warning right after as can be seen on the first SS). I was mildly upset as I was gonna boost people up regardless using myself instead, but didn't get the chance to do so. Closely afterwards, I went ahead in a 50/50 serious/joking manner and called him out by calling him "a bloody admin nazi lol" which may not have been the smartest choice of words indeed, but issuing a 1440 minute gag just for something as minor as that seem ludicrous. Are admins on your server supposed to police around this much? If I said this to another player, would I have gotten gagged for 1440 minutes as well? People trash-talk each other all the time, but as soon as an admin gets involved in getting some few bad words thrown at them it's an instant gag. Are players and admins not on equal grounds when it comes to this?

As can be seen on the last screenshot, the vending machine was gone afterwards (shot down by someone else, I was busy complaining lol). If it would have been me shooting it down, I'd imagine ceddy67 would have kicked me since he had already warned me first. I wasn't kicked, but the guy who shot it down wasn't kicked either. Why wasn't he punished, following ceddy67's own logic?

TL;DR ceddy67, in my opinion, was a little too trigger happy in this event as he didn't give me the chance to explain myself properly. Had he given me a few more seconds he would have seen me boosting the remaining people up to the ledges. The "you bloody admin nazi" wasn't completely unwarranted, though definitely not necessary - but had I said something similiar to a regular player it would just have been shrugged off (trash talking in the server between one player and another happens all the time without penalties issued). Also, 1440 minute gag for something as trivial as what has already been mentioned twice (and can be seen in a screenshot) is way off the charts. I could imagine an hour, because it wasn't necessary to say that at all; but then, it was an uncalled action from ceddy67's part that made me write that to begin with. Last point: Reason for me being gagged, as can be seen in the second screenshot, is "admin insult". Are there two different insults that are treated seperately (player and admin insult)? Why are these different from each other, if such is the case?

Reporting an abuse is a serious matter. Do you hold all the proofs requested for an abuse request? Yes

Last edited:

Schism

27 Feb 2019
EDIT to the first post: The gag has since been lowered apparently. I can write freely as we speak, and that much I can appreciate.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
No abuse here. You already admitted that you shot away props which was used by teammates to reach a safe spot and that you insulted our admin.

Be aware that playing on our servers is bound to respecting our rules. By joining you agree to our terms of fair play. Please read !rules in game and make sure you dont break any rule again - including admin insulting of course.

By the way: My gag would have been longer than 2 hours, so be happy that Ceddy was nice and didnt take it too hard to be insulted by a rulebreaker.

Reactions: 1nfomercial

Schism

27 Feb 2019
Since it took such a long for anyone to reply at all, it also took time for me to get back to the thread since I assumed no one was gonna look into this...

If that's all the response you honestly have to this thread I'm left to be very disappointed at how admins manage their servers and players. You chose to ignore the points I've already stated too, which isn't too surprising since that's generally what admins do at your servers...haha.