Handled# Abuse Report: NEMESIS

8 Dec 2015
Admin's Name: NEMESIS

Time and date: 7/19 11:00PM EST

Description: So, I used to be an admin on these servers and haven't been back for a few months. I finally came back and was immediately greeted with players spamming their mics with either music of animal noises. The only admin in the server at that time was NEMESIS. You can check the chat logs and if there was in game audio (pretty sure there isn't) you can check that as well. I called NEMESIS out for not doing his job and muting players that were mic spamming. According to him since 55% of the server voted yes for music then it was allowed. I immediately followed that up by saying "Yeah, too bad playing music is literally the definition of mic spam". NEMESIS continually fell back to "Y u so salty bro" as rebuttals to me asking him to do his job as an admin. This went on for a while and finally a few other players connected and started saying the same thing, that they shouldn't have to personally mute players because an admin wouldn't mute a player that was mic spamming. After around two more players started telling NEMESIS to mute this player he finally gave the player a warning about stopping the music. At this point another random player connected and started playing music. He was immediately told to stop and then promptly muted. I followed this up with "Oh, so you can just select which players are allowed to play music and which ones aren't? Yeah, great job at doing your job". After this he muted me for an hour for admin disrespect. Check the logs, I literally never insulted NEMESIS. Another admin was in the server called blair which was actually asking why I was muted as well and NEMESIS ignored it.

And to the evidence, there shouldn't be any more needed. You can check the chat logs. You can even see other players asking about the mutes he issued due to them simply being on a whim. As I stated, I was an admin here for months and know the rules. This is simply another admin that abuses his powers while other admins aren't on the server and chooses who the mute. Check the chat logs and ban/mute logs for proof of him selectively muting players for playing music.

On which server did this happen? (Specify either the name or the ip): Air Control 24/7

Reporting an abuse is a serious matter. Do you hold all the proofs requested for an abuse request?: No

Vile

18 Jul 2016
I was in the lobby as this happened. While there was a poll for the music and Yes won the vote, so that shouldn't mess with anything because the majority of people wanted music. Everyone has the choice to do !sm (Player Name) to mute them. NEMESIS has no reason to receive any punishment as he muted for the correct reason. I see so much Admin disrespect that Admins don't deserve. Have a nice day! -Vile

8 Dec 2015
I was in the lobby as this happened. While there was a poll for the music and Yes won the vote, so that shouldn't mess with anything because the majority of people wanted music. Everyone has the choice to do !sm (Player Name) to mute them. NEMESIS has no reason to receive any punishment as he muted for the correct reason. I see so much Admin disrespect that Admins don't deserve. Have a nice day! -Vile

Notice how Vile couldn't actually quote me on how I actually disrespected him? Vile is simply looking for acceptance on his admin application as he was begging NEMESIS to help him out with that all night. The chat logs are there as I typed most of it.

Vile

18 Jul 2016
Tonsil, I found you quite fun tbh dude. I also was speaking with nemesis wondering how bad something would effect my chances of being accepted. Sorry man! You seem like a cool dude and yes, I am very interested in Admin but as well I just wanna not cause anything. Have a nice night! Sorry to bother, just expressing I didn't see any abuse going on.

8 Dec 2015
Tonsil, I found you quite fun tbh dude. I also was speaking with nemesis wondering how bad something would effect my chances of being accepted. Sorry man! You seem like a cool dude and yes, I am very interested in Admin but as well I just wanna not cause anything. Have a nice night! Sorry to bother, just expressing I didn't see any abuse going on.

I mean, he muted me without a single warning for simply telling him he should mute those players. It's a widely known fact that outside of racism you at least receive a warning. Don't worry man, they will be able to read the chatlogs and see he never warned me and proceeded to mute me for no reason other than disagreeing with him.

Vile

18 Jul 2016
I do agree with you here, there was no warning gave and that's not cool at all. I believe that everyone should get a warning no matter what, in that case that was unfair. Like I said Tonsil did not do disrespect as he was just express an opinion/disagreement. -Vile

8 Dec 2015
Just to make it clear, NEMESIS didn't use his mic once. The entirety of his interaction with the server during this time period was through server chat. Go through the chat logs and you will see a clear picture of:
1. Him allowing music at first
2. Telling people to mute the players instead of doing his job (why should players have to go out of their way to mute players spamming?)
3. Responding to me in regards to this situation
4. Changing his stance when another admin joins (Blair)
5. Immediately muting a new player that connected due to playing music while allowing the other one who spammed for over ten minutes to get away
6. Muting me due to calling him out for selectively muting players and not holding everyone to the same standard

Reactions: Vile

Vile

18 Jul 2016
You are very intelligent Tonsil, and I will agree on the fact that NEMESIS did change completely when Admin Blair joined.NEMESIS I have nothing against you and you don't deserve to be kicked from the Admin team but he is speaking the truth here. -Vile

NEMESIS

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
23 Mar 2016
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Tonsil,

The standard action I take with people playing music, is putting up a vote. If the vote comes out positive, that means that the majority of people in the server like it. As a result of this, I allow it. However, when it occurs that multiple people start playing music, I ask all of them to stop, as it is not enjoyable. If they do not stop, a mute is issued for every player that continues to play music. Also, if the vote comes out positive, i have a bind installed. The bind says: To mute players, type !sm (name player). You proceeded to tell me that you have to actually get out of your way to actually mute people, to which i reply: yes. That's true. But since it only takes a second or 2 to mute a player, this shouldn't be considered an issue. My point here is: I try to make players have fun on the server. and if a majority likes music, that means that the remaining players have to mute. So be it. By doing it this way, I made more people enjoy their stay.

As for your mute, I don't think that you are being completely honest here. You refered me to the !rules multiple times. If you know the rules so well, you should know that you have to respect an admin's decision. Which you did not do by telling me that I only had muted a select group of people. This is not true. I muted whoever continued playing music after my warning. This combined with the nagging on this server and the admins who operate on it (which you did through voice chat), made me decide to issue a mute on you for admin disrespect. Which i though (and still do) think is on it's place. Even if you used to be an admin on this server, doesn't mean that you have to tell current admins what to do. So far my response.

Yours sincerely,

NEMESIS

8 Dec 2015
You were literally begged by multiple players to mute the individual who was spamming music. The only reason you changed your stance on the music was due to Blair connecting and telling them to stop playing music (which can be seen in chat as well as blair said "stop" numerous times to those spamming. Only after that does NEMESIS join in on telling them to stop). The entire time you continually debated me and other players about this situation saying we should just manually mute the players. At no point did you change your stance until Blair connected. This shows you selectively follow rules. Even Water later came in and said in chat (so available on the chat logs) that if what I described took place then you were in the wrong in regards to them being allowed to play music. Also, they can clearly see the chat logs so claiming I went after you in only voice chat is a mistake on your part. I broke no rules and you basically admitted that you let your personal opinion on the matter decide whether you should mute me or not. Keep in mind this all took place after you gave no warnings about admin disrespect. Why did you not ask me to stop discussing the matters in chat? Why did you continually try to irk me by claiming I was salty instead of resolving the issues?

In the end he literally just admitted that the most disrespectful thing that came from me was me telling him he shouldn't selectively mute players. There was no racism, sexism, name calling, etc. I received a 60 minute mute for this without a warning (which can be seen in chat).

Last edited:
8 Dec 2015
Hell, Vile just agreed with what I stated and he supported you at the start. Vile is another player that was in the lobby the entire time and backed up what I stated in my numbered list. So you even have a player that has no connection to me at all coming onto the forum and supporting what I claimed. The chat logs are there, Vile supporting my claims is there, and you actually agreeing to what I said from the start is there.

Last edited:

NEMESIS

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
23 Mar 2016
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Your mute was because of admin disrecpect. Not because of racism, sexicm, name calling... Earlier in voice chat you said that you had moved on to bigger and better things, to which i reply, why do you care so much if it isn't a big deal for you? And if you do care, I recommend you apply for admin again. Just you making this thread shows me how much you actually care about this server. As i said, my decisions for muting people were not for blair joining. They were for multiple people playing music. So please do not accuse me of things I did if you do not fully understand the situation.

8 Dec 2015
Your mute was because of admin disrecpect. Not because of racism, sexicm, name calling... Earlier in voice chat you said that you had moved on to bigger and better things, to which i reply, why do you care so much if it isn't a big deal for you? And if you do care, I recommend you apply for admin again. Just you making this thread shows me how much you actually care about this server. As i said, my decisions for muting people were not for blair joining. They were for multiple people playing music. So please do not accuse me of things I did if you do not fully understand the situation.

What does me caring about the server have to do with this situation? That's entirely irrelevant to this and there was no admin disrespect involved. If disagreeing with how you handled a situation when you were obviously wrong is disrespect then something is wrong with these servers. You had players literally begging you to do something about the individuals playing music yet you didn't do anything about it for well over five minutes and actually encouraged it. How do you think players who do not want to hear that and do not want to go out of their way will feel about that conclusion? That will just run players off as you aren't actually upholding rules and telling them to do something about it themselves when you are in the position and have the power to deal with them properly.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=463540816
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/mic-spam
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=135094427
https://www.reddit.com/r/micspam/ (literally a subreddit to mic spam filled with music and other audio)
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-3108442.html

This list goes on and on. This is all taken from the first page results of a google search of "Mic spam". They are ALL about music and nothing more. You were wrong from the beginning about your own rules (Do not mic spam is LITERALLY the first rule) and proceeded to mute me for asking you to actually follow your own rules. Solid group of admins we have here. And I actually do care about the server. I planned on coming back to the server to chill on, but was immediately met with admins allowing their own rules to be broken and being BEGGED by players to do something about it and blowing those players off. This stuff happened all of the time in the past and no one took the time to submit actual abuse reports. Guess what, I could care less about how much time this takes up? You ruined the surfing experience of well over five players tonight. I normally want to chill and not have a bad experience on community servers, but when an admin can't even follow their own rules and abuses their powers I can't even have a good time.

8 Dec 2015
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. If you check the chat logs right after I was muted other players asked about it. To which NEMESIS here replied "A demonstration". He never properly explained the mute to other players, he never warned me, and he even has the audacity to type he was demonstrating his powers in chat to deter other players from actually discussing players playing music in the lobby. Keep in mind he NEVER asked the lobby to stop discussing the matter, just randomly mutes me and still doesn't properly explain it. I'm sorry, but that is pathetic. Your admin here literally used their powers to silence a player that pointed out they were breaking their own server rules.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hi,
I've removed your block from the records.
I don't have any demo proofs from either sides and as per rules I trust admins on matters.
In this occasion I just think both parties were not 100% right.

I sincerely hope that this isn't going to turn out to be a "witch hunting" process where you look for a reason to get him or any admins removed due to the events that happened in the past, however i highly encourage you to record demos while you play and report them here if clearly bad admin behavior is shown.

Thank you,
Niko

Reactions: NEMESIS