Handled+ Abuse Report: STEAM_0:0:58266773 | Lotus

felipe

18 Feb 2016
somewhere in the universe
Admin's Name: STEAM_0:0:58266773 | Lotus

Time and date: between 11-12 EST, February 21 2016

Description: I was playing music and majority of people were ok with it but only one or two people didn't want it, and he mutes me without warning. and then in chat without being disrespectful I expressed my concerns, and he replies in admin chat very rudely, and then right when I was going to ask for his real name he gags me. He silenced me because I saw his wrong-doing.

On which server did this happen? (Specify either the name or the ip): 167.114.32.249:25115

Reporting an abuse is a serious matter. Do you hold all the proofs requested for an abuse request?: Yes

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'940
Canadia eh?
Ok felipe, here is what happened, and this can be verified not only by the chat logs easily accessible by the Head Admins and Owners, but also by multiple witnesses, namely https://steamcommunity.com/id/youvegottabekiddingme and https://steamcommunity.com/id/swickedlacrosseman, both of whom can agree with and verify my side of the story.

You can ask another person from a prior experience, name: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198082314380, who will verify that I do not mute players for playing music so long as the volume is acceptable, the song has minimal swearing and is not racist, and the music is WANTED. Key word there.

There were 14 people give or take in the server at the time, including those who were probably AFK, and at least 6 or 7 people and myself asked you to stop your music, as it was quite loud, and also just bad music in general. I waited for at least 20-30 seconds to give you a chance to halt your music, which you did not do, and so you were muted for mic spam.

When 50% of the server says to stop the music, and you do not, there is no reason for me to NOT mute you, and surprise surprise, when you don't stop your music after half the server including myself asks you to stop, I am not going to issue you a warning, you already got it when 50% of the people on the server asked you to stop, I am going to mute you because you are clearly an annoyance to the rest of the server.

Then once I muted you, you kept complaining about not issuing you a warning, something that I am not even required to do, especially when half the people in the server want you to stop your music.

To quote the rules clearly displayed on the server under !rules, rule #5 is and I quote "Respect the admins and their decisions", rule #9 and I quote "Disobeying the rules will lead to a punishment", and finally rule #10 and I quote "Admins are always right". You were muted because you failed to obey rule #6, "Do not disturb other players by playing UNWANTED music", and when more than half of the server doesn't want you to play your music that clearly means that it is unwanted. Once you were muted you repetitively spammed the chat saying I did not warn you, and thus adhering to rule #5 and rule #10, I gagged you for not respecting my decision to mute you for not halting your unwanted music.

Oh, and also, my so called very rude reply, and I quote, was "And you are supposed to stop playing your music when so many people say to stop", which isn't at all rude in my eyes, it is a mere explanation as to why you were muted.

Finally, even if you had not been gagged for disrespecting my decisions, I am not a police officer, I administrate servers on a video game, there is no legal obligation for me to provide you with my name, and I just want you to know, if I hadn't gagged you and you had asked my name I would not have told you.

Want to avoid this in the future? You should probably follow the rules, which I know you were aware of, due to the fact that you typed !rules after I muted you.

Thanks for giving me something to do for a few minutes, Lotus

felipe

18 Feb 2016
You never warned me and those other players, suprise suprise, are your friends. You never warned me, and there were a good three people saying to stop and you said, not even as an admin, and I quote you litterally told me to "Shut the fuck up" At that point I had no clue you were an admin.

Second, I can provide screenshots of me asking why there wasn't a warning and your motive behind it. And I'm allowed to do that. I wasn't disrespecting you, And I wasn't bashing your decisions either. And I can promise more than two people said It was ok for me to play music. Look dude I respect you as a person and an admin. Just don't lie. It's not good for an admin. And I never typed !rules, I know all of them. Good day.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'940
Canadia eh?
Good idea felipe, fabricate lies to help your side of the story, you realize that head admins can see chat logs and they will see that I didn't say "Shut the fuck up" :smile:. As far as I am aware, especially with 50% of the server asking you to stop, I don't have to warn you. And ya they are my friends, sorry I don't know the other randoms in the server who were playing at the time, I only remember those 2 because they are my friends and I was playing with them, and the 3rd guy added me so we could resolve a permanent gag on him and hasn't even been online for about a week. Nobody said keep playing the music, everybody who said anything told you to shut it off. I told you why you were muted as stated above and you continued to badger me by just constantly saying why didn't I warn you, so I gagged you because you just kept repeating yourself. And finally, once again you are trying to twist things into your favour when the head admins can see the chat log, do you understand this? Don't say I typed something, or say you didn't type something, when they can see with a simple look at the chat log, that 1. You are fabricating me being rude towards you, and 2. That you did in fact type in !rules. If you had just dealt with the fact that you were muted for 30 minutes because you refused to turn off your music after multiple people asked you to stop you might've still had a chance to become admin, but now after this, especially fabricating claims to attempt to get my admin privileges removed... Good luck to ya pal XD

Oh and a little side note, like 30 minutes before you started playing your music there was another person who played music, a few people including myself asked him to please stop, and you know what he did? Within 5 seconds he had turned off his music, I said thanks, and then we moved on, nothing else happened because he respected the other people in the server. You on the other hand just kept going on with your music after multiple people asked to stop and thus you were punished.

felipe

18 Feb 2016
I didn't know logs recorded voice audio. And furthermore, I continued because some were ok with what I was playing. I never said you said it in chat. You said it verbally. I'm not spouting any lies either.

If you said you were an admin or said it in admin chat, I would have stopped. Because around 3 people were saying to stop over mic, but others wanted me to continue. So I listen to those that allowed me. It is unfair to me that I didn't know that the admin wanted me to stop. If you said it in admin chat, I would have stopped instantly. Just wait till the people higher up see if its worthy enough to ask for evidence.

And I did message you to try to resolve it. But you wouldn't respond. After I found out you were the admin, you removed me as a friend.

Side note, The fact that I'm not the only person to have reached out to you to resolve a unfair gag, probably means you have done multiple unfair gags in the past.

Double side note, I have no reason to lie, at the end of the day if you don't get punished, it doesn't affect me. I'm just doing what's right. But you on the other hand, you do have a reason to lie. Because if you don't defend yourself with these fabricated statements, you could lose admin.

Last edited:

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'940
Canadia eh?
Ok man (Edit: Sorry I meant child), I'm not gonna continue arguing with you, you are gonna make up fake accusations and continue to be unable to deal with the fact you got a 30 minute mute, I mean 30 minutes man who cares? I could say the only time I use voice chat early on in the morning is to toss some harmless banter in the direction of my friend WhispEr if she is around, but you'd disagree with that and accuse me of telling you to stfu, I could say that if you were asked to stop you should just stop, not keep going unless an admin specifically says to stop, but you'll argue that too, saying since I didn't use admin chat or say I was an admin I should've warned you, if I say that there was nobody asking you to continue, everybody wanted it off, you would disagree, if I point out I have no obligation to inform you I am admin and that you should just stop when half of a server tells you to stop, admin present or not, you would disagree, so what is the point in continuing this back and forth, no matter if what I am saying is true and what you are saying is false we are clearly going to keep disagreeing.

You did not message me to resolve it, as I did not add you, since I tend to not add people who I mute for mic spam, chat spam, and disrespecting me.

The permanent gag that MrCool received was in fact from a now ex-admin who decided to step back and I merely listened to his story and brought it up to one of the head admins as I thought it to be cruel and frankly too long of a gag for the crime.

So to end this discussion, we are clearly both going to keep disagreeing, we both clearly know who is right and who is wrong, and we both clearly know that you just took your chances of your admin application being accepted and flushed them down the toilet.

Edit: Response to your recent edit, you clearly have every reason to lie, as almost everything you have said has been a lie, and clearly as I've pointed out this done affect you as this reflects poorly on you and therefore on your application to be an admin. I honestly feel ashamed that you would even THINK I would lie, as anyone who has ever spent a fair amount of time around me, which is a LOT of people on the surf maps, they would know that I am always 100% honest and I speak my mind, no matter if it reflects poorly on me or not, cause that is who I am, the fact you would even think to call me a liar actually hurts me, since I have always been an honest person, oh and FYI I wrote a response, because I am an honest person who speaks their mind, I could've just said something small, ended it there, or simply spoken to a head admin, but no because I am an honest person who speaks his mind, I responded, and I responded vigorously. So how's about you stop calling me a liar and go back to Minecraft cause you clearly aren't mature enough to be playing CS:GO. I was trying to end this fight, and leave it up to the head admins, but then you called me a liar, and claimed that I was the one fabricating statements, so screw you, nobody calls me a liar, because I am not one, never have been, never will be

Signing off, Lotus

Last edited:

Xylon

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
20 Jan 2012
1'923
France
Hello,

I've read everythig, this is a particular case as we, as far as I know, don't have any voice logs. Hence there's NO WAY to check who's right.

However I can state that Lotus is doing a good job as a surf admin and I don't think he'd be abusing of his power in any way, we can trust him, the only wrong thing he has done, but that's not really a big deal, is telling you to stop the music without using the admin chat.

About you felipe, you were gagged and then muted for a short period, it can be annoying but keep in mind that the rules are clear "obey the admins, they're always right" (rule #6 if I remember)

ANYWAY, playing music through mic is fine, as long as EVERYONE on the server agree, if atleast 1 player is annoyed by it, you have to STOP it, no matter what.

Nobody will be punished as we can't prove anything without the voice logs, though next time felipe, if someone ask you to stop playing music through mic, just stop.

Hope it was clear enough,

-Xylon

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'642
1'354