Better climb and strafe conditions.

Jabrs

12 Jan 2016
Why the heck have you guys lowered the sv_airacceleration even more than the goddamn default?
One of the most important parts as zombie, is that you can fly around and earn boosts from shots/damage. But with such low airacceleration u just punch into the walls, because you can barily turn.
It would be a lot funnier if zombies could strafe better and get around corners like sneaky snakes.
I think the sv_airacceleration should be 100, but at least turn it up to the default??
Another thing that would be great, it would be if you turned sv_enableboost on (sv_enableboost 1). This does so more zombies can climb each other - more than just 2 zombies!
You all know how annoying it is in zm_cbble_eh_v7 when every one tries to climb up that huge box from the side, but it's just impossible.

Xylon

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
20 Jan 2012
1'923
France
You all know how annoying it is in zm_cbble_eh_v7 when every one tries to climb up that huge box from the side, but it's just impossible.

Just for your information, if 2 zombies stand on eachothers on that little box on the side, a 3rd zombie just has to jump on his 2 teammates to reach the top, he doesn't even need to jump :relaxed:

Jabrs

12 Jan 2016
1. You cant jump at 2 mans? Point of thread ...
2. If you could jump at second man, you would have to jump to reach the height, lol. I'm not sure if you're implying zombies can just walk at the second man?? they cant, they would at least have to jump.

Last edited:

Xylon

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
20 Jan 2012
1'923
France
2. If you could jump at second man, you would have to jump to reach the height, lol. I'm not sure if you're implying zombies can just walk at the second man?? they cant, they would at least have to jump.

The little box + 2 zombies on eachs others standed up + 1 last zombie who jump on the little box, on the 1st zombie and on the 2nd one = exact same height as the BIG box, so no need to jump, just run forward.

Jabrs

12 Jan 2016
really? hmm okay:smile:
Anyway, I hope you will take note of my critique

Last edited:

Jabrs

12 Jan 2016
A typical objection to my critique would be that this makes it too easy for zombies (relative to CT's). But I think this is a step in the right direction, because now CT's wins are overrepresented - at least on the v1 server.

Last edited:

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
we've had these settings since 2009 and they're meant to prevent the things you listed there, I don't really think it's a good idea to allow more control via airacceleration, the server would fill up with stupid people bouncing left and right at the speed of light without any needed skills

Reactions: WolfRam

Jabrs

12 Jan 2016
Yeah the conditions for zombies to kill CT's would be more lucrative because of these strafe conditions - while that ofc. means the conditions for CT's would get worse - instead of nowdays where it takes no skills to be CT.
If you're so against speeders why dont you just remove bhop and destroy the game fully?

Last edited:

Jabrs

12 Jan 2016
As it's not like every pro zombie player enjoy taking advantage of bhop and strafe nowdays. It's just hard to enjoy with these settings, it's kinda like playing surf with standard airaccelerate.