Did I just lose 2.6k points by completing a map?

drangel27

9 Apr 2018
I played on the server [Surf] Tier1-6 | ALL MAPS | WRCP - by go-free.info on 2018-05-01 and I completed the map surf_rebel_scaz_njv. When I completed the map I deranked from Veteran to Pro and I didn't recieve any points.

When I used !rank I saw that I had instead lost about 2600 points(explains why I deranked). This is not the first time this happened. Before, I thought I was just imagining things but this time I had screenshot of my previous points so I could compare if something like this happened again.

Why is this happening and can I get my points back?

https://i.imgur.com/SuUtwMU.png - after completing the map today
https://i.imgur.com/K5t2BiH.png - a few days ago

STEAM_1:1:11153088

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
hey @drangel27 thanks for letting us know about the issue! Did you by chance have any WRs that have recently been taken from you? Be it stage/bonus/map, if so, you would have lost some points because of this. I suspect this is the cause of you losing some points. As for you not getting points for completing a map, it was likely just a printing issue and will be recalculated later, I've seen myself getting 0 points for getting a WR bonus (should be 300) but later on in the day i will receive +300 extra if i complete a map/bonus/get a stage WR.

drangel27

9 Apr 2018
hey @drangel27 thanks for letting us know about the issue! Did you by chance have any WRs that have recently been taken from you? Be it stage/bonus/map, if so, you would have lost some points because of this. I suspect this is the cause of you losing some points. As for you not getting points for completing a map, it was likely just a printing issue and will be recalculated later, I've seen myself getting 0 points for getting a WR bonus (should be 300) but later on in the day i will receive +300 extra if i complete a map/bonus/get a stage WR.
Hey. I am not aware of having any WRs on any stage/bonus/map tbh. I'm not very good at surfing feelsbadman. How does the point system work, do you lose points if someone beat your WR? or time? Should I really lose 2.6k points tho if someone beat me on 1 map?

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
You can see how the points system works here. Although ours is a slightly edited version, but it functions the same.

If you moved from group 4>5, or group2>3, or rank #3>rank#5, on a certain map(or more than one) then you will have lost points. I guess that is what has happened. If you do !profile and add your points up, you should be able to see this for yourself. After you complete a map, your points are recalculated, this is why it seemed like you lost points for completing a map.

I lost some points today when i came on as you can see here;
20180501124949_1.jpg

Last edited: