Discord Maunz bot

chainz

13 Nov 2020
Hi I wanted to suggest adding a maunz bot for the discord channel! With the bot you can get the playerlist from the server, which map it is and get notified when your favorite maps are on the server. Most of the other zombie escape servers use it and is used a lot by players in other communities.

Many people also afk because they wait for a good map, which wastes a bunch of player spots at peak hours. What does every1 think?

Best regards :)

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'916
Canadia eh?
Hey mate,

First thanks for the suggestion, I had never personally heard of/seen this bot before and it does have some features that look interesting so I'll have to look at it a bit more at a later time.
I'll assume you're one of the newer users from the past couple of days and you may have noticed there isn't much reference to the CS:S side of our community on the Discord. I think an occasional message still pops up on CS:S to advertise for the Discord server but honestly, it's been there a while and not many people have joined, I'm not even sure that all of the CS:S admins are on the Discord server because there is such a small number of users there from the CS:S side. After a while some of the CS:S stuff we did have was phased out as it simply wasn't being used.
We do have a channel called "server-list-eh" on the Discord which shows all the info you described for our CS:S servers, the only thing missing is the map notification. Like I said I'll have to check the bot out a bit more but perhaps it could be something we add soon.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
For slack we actually have such a feature available since 2 years and a while it also existed as notifications in steam chat. But as lotus mentioned there isn't much activity in slack/discord right now. But I guess many people might not be in discord because they are not aware that the discord channel is available or because they saw no advantage to join.

upload_2020-11-14_18-59-26.png

chainz

13 Nov 2020
well slack is no gamer-platform and there are a bunch of stuff that could be done about the slack/discord activity.
I just thought it would cool to have someone let you know when your favorite map is playing, this bot can be used for all the EH & gofree servers. Yes there is a server-list in the discord but it sucks because it never updates and you dont get nofitied about the map, you cant check what map and who is playing.

Maunz bot is low to no mainentence from what i've heard from other servers that do have it. I really think it is a cool feature you guys should look into.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Thank you for your input. As lotus already said we do not have a dedicated channel for Zombiemod on discord. Currently, there is just a community channel for everybody and the majority in there are surf players who would not benefit of zombiemod announcements. As soon as we realize a dedicated zombiemod channel your bot (or any other with similar features) will be added.