Donation: Problems, Support & Feedback

Tirant

Donator
11 May 2018
Switzerland
I am not 100% sure but I believe I have finally fixed this bug!
Please let me know if this happens again.

Still the same for me :( It refuses to skip ads when I hit Enter or click the Okay button. Sometimes I can click the button just fine and it skips ads, whereas hitting Enter doesn't do anything. The Okay button seems to be more successful most of the time. There are moments however where neither of them works and so I have to wait 2 or 3 seconds but never longer than that, never the full 5 seconds. Very strange behaviour, but I got perfectly used to it 😁

Aftershock

Donator
9 Jan 2023
Belgium
I am not 100% sure but I believe I have finally fixed this bug!
Please let me know if this happens again.
It does seem to work smooth now, at least for a friend and myself. It displays the store and we're both able to spacebar out of the Motd without hiccups. :D 👍

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Still the same for me :( It refuses to skip ads when I hit Enter or click the Okay button. Sometimes I can click the button just fine and it skips ads, whereas hitting Enter doesn't do anything. The Okay button seems to be more successful most of the time. There are moments however where neither of them works and so I have to wait 2 or 3 seconds but never longer than that, never the full 5 seconds. Very strange behaviour, but I got perfectly used to it 😁

It does seem to work smooth now, at least for a friend and myself. It displays the store and we're both able to spacebar out of the Motd without hiccups. :D 👍
thanks for the feedback, @Tirant can you confirm this is still happening as of today? I really don't understand how that could be :/

Tirant

Donator
11 May 2018
Switzerland
Still happening for me directly after a map change with a decently filled server. At any other time I can skip the ads instantly.

Aftershock

Donator
9 Jan 2023
Belgium
Still happening for me directly after a map change with a decently filled server. At any other time I can skip the ads instantly.
Same here 😬 I just tested it again and it behaves the same as yesterday night: when first joining the server, it seems to works fine. Motd displays the EH store and pressing spacebar instantly gets you out. But after the first map change I get the full 5 seconds again. Wasn't sure if this was unique to last night since Niko mentioned he was working on some plugins.

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
this is so bizarre. thanks for the feedback, I'll see if I can dig deeper

• Haha
Reactions: Woozu

Ciftyfent

Donator
9 Dec 2020
Same for me, cant skip the Adds, also my Superior Tag is missing, but skins are available.

Tirant

Donator
11 May 2018
Switzerland
My best guess is that the skipping stops working once there is a certain amount of players on the server, primarily when it is almost full. I am not 100 % sure though. I happened to notice that a couple of times.

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Same for me, cant skip the Adds, also my Superior Tag is missing, but skins are available.
that's not normal, I just checked the database and your tag is there. does it never show up? Anything in !store?

My best guess is that the skipping stops working once there is a certain amount of players on the server, primarily when it is almost full. I am not 100 % sure though. I happened to notice that a couple of times.
yes I'm pretty sure that's what's happening, basically the admin check routine takes longer to run than the actual ads take to display.
I have another fix in mind which I'll test soon

Reactions: Tirant

Tirant

Donator
11 May 2018
Switzerland
I'm wondering how some regular, non-donating players are able to override the ad function completely. Usually, I'm one of the first players to arrive on the server after a map change, but sometimes there's a handful of players who can join instantly while I'm still stuck on the counter. Perhaps they've got an ad blocker or something?

Ciftyfent

Donator
9 Dec 2020
that's not normal, I just checked the database and your tag is there. does it never show up? Anything in !store?

yes I'm pretty sure that's what's happening, basically the admin check routine takes longer to run than the actual ads take to display.
I have another fix in mind which I'll test soon
The Superior Tag is available now 👍

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
I'm wondering how some regular, non-donating players are able to override the ad function completely. Usually, I'm one of the first players to arrive on the server after a map change, but sometimes there's a handful of players who can join instantly while I'm still stuck on the counter. Perhaps they've got an ad blocker or something?
they disable the motd and endure the nagging that comes with it. it's really annoying trust me.

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com

Narkaz

21 Jul 2011
Hello Niko
I still got adds sometimes its like 2-5 times a day.

Best regards Narkaz / Jens

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hello Niko
I still got adds sometimes its like 2-5 times a day.

Best regards Narkaz / Jens
hey,
that is... weird. It should really not be possible anymore.
when do you usually get the ads? as you join or mid game?

Nikooo777

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'637
1'337
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
If I have been playing 3-10 maps it comes. If Im the first on the server after a map chance it comes :)
I think I just randomly figured it out!
I deployed a fix, please let me know if it happens again!

Ciftyfent

Donator
9 Dec 2020
Hey i cant nominate any Map in the first Minute, but also seen non VIPs can do it?