Frequently Asked Questions

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Hi guys,

I need your help! What are often asked questions from players on the servers? For example I often see people asking how they can climb up the ladders faster like all the others (even though there is often a banner on the wall explaining it). Sometimes I also see players asking for new maps so I sometimes tell them they shall go to the forum and suggest new maps.

What other questions do you read on the servers from time to time or what other situations are there where players might need some assistance? Post whatever comes to your mind, everything could help! ;-)

Greetings
DataWorm

Reactions: Hammaplayz

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
And of course I just saw once again the question of how you can become admin on the servers.

Reactions: Alex787

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
if ppl arent seeing messages that are already there in game like you say then why would they see a faq?

Reactions: Docta

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
One of the most frequently asked questions i saw in chat was "why you edge so hard?"

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
if ppl arent seeing messages that are already there in game like you say then why would they see a faq?

@Lotus: No I never saw anyone writing such a question on the servers! :p
Okay joke aside, I never said that I intend to have a faq page being shown to users on the server.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
Some questions i recall are:

How do you long-jump?
How do you become an admin here?
What advantages do vip/superior have?
How do you change skins?
Where can i suggest new maps?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Thx Docta, very helpful list! Just need to figure out the answers to some of these questions xD

@Sumned, you sure that you picked the right thread?! xD

Sumned

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Nov 2017
@Sumned, you sure that you picked the right thread?! xD[/QUOTE]
now Schobi will see and remove, I was too lazy to look for where this insert)

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I guess when people are asking about longjump on v1/v3 they usually refer to runboost. But also good when you can provide such additional information. I think people also sometimes ask how to bhop... Or whether bhop macro is allowed...

rhodo

14 Jun 2018
Manchester
Hi Data noob. The idea is good but will noobs read the chat ingame ? need to find some other way how 2 deliver answers i think...

rhodo

14 Jun 2018
Manchester
or maybe some non public, personal chat... u know what i mean like type say !faq and then will start personal chat with BOT what u think ?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I guess, sounds more or less like what Paw said. ;-)
As mentioned in the other thread, for faq I would avoid the need to use commands like !faq, the main sense is that noobs can get direct feedback on these questions without having to look for the answers or find out how to start a bot conversation. Nevertheless a private answer from the bot would be possible but it should still be considered if this is really better than using public chat.

IF the bot shall receive more small talk capabilities then it is a completely different story. One option would be to allow private talks with the chatbot but then the messages of the real players to the bot also shouldn't be shown on public chat either... This could only work if we add a command that sends a message to that bot like "!bot <message>", "!daniel <message>" or "@daniel <message>". But I guess first step is mainly faq anyway and small talk might only follow if there are helpers willing to design conversations that the bot should learn.

rhodo

14 Jun 2018
Manchester
and one more suggest : how about make some tutorial video with basic infos how to play on EH and post it say on youtube or maybe directly on forum? explain how to play, what is allowed and what is not, what to do when u stuck etc ... what u think ?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I am not someone who really make video tutorials or anything, however I think there are enough youtube videos available showing and explaining how to bhop, rb... But what could be useful is to have a sticky thread on the forum with a link collection referring to these kind of tutorials.