EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'645
1'358
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Hey everyone!
I'm opening this thread to collect feedback on a new plugin I'm writing, also to raise awareness of such plugin.

As of today you have new available commands:

Code:
sm_ping ----- display a visible ping to your teammates
sm_teamup <player name> ----- sends a team invite to another player
sm_accept ----- accepts the invite and puts you in the same group as the inviter
sm_decline ----- decline the invite (after 30 seconds it auto declines)
sm_teammates ----- lists all your teammates in console
sm_leave ----- leave the current team
sm_printgroups ----- (admins only) list all teams and teammates
sm_pingall ----- (admins only) ping visible to everyone regardless of teams

what this does is it allows you to teamup with other people ingame.
Members of the same team can:
1) freely voice chat using ingame voice (default key: K).
2) ping positions around the map for same-class teammates (humans with humans, zombies with zombies)
3) (soon) have a distinctive trail or "hat" that will let other teammates know it's you

teams persist across map changes but once you leave the server you're kicked from the group.

This is meant to be an alternative to discord so that ingame players can enjoy a similar experience, also by adding a ping system we modernize CS:S to emulate the experience in newer games such as CS:GO/CS2/Apex/COD/BF etc...

Please go ahead and try this new feature out and let me know what you think!

Last edited:

Ginger Gone Wild

Donator
6 Feb 2024
question - I hear people in game while I am not in a team- does that mean they are in a team or can everyone now freely talk?

Woozu

15 Jun 2022
I think you either unknowingly joined a team or there is a bug in niko's plugin. Try using sm_leave or in game "/leave" and see if that may fix it, if you want to fix it in the first place. Other than that, you are sure it were people using their mics in the in game voice chat that you heard right?

Edit: or its simply intended this way which i dont think is the case

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
I like it a lot, well done
In the same style you can have the proximity microphone, but the idea of zombies with zombies and humans with humans is very good, it will undoubtedly please people when the players understand the system

bind "j" "sm_decline Kr1pT1c"

Ginger Gone Wild

Donator
6 Feb 2024
I think you either unknowingly joined a team or there is a bug in niko's plugin. Try using sm_leave or in game "/leave" and see if that may fix it, if you want to fix it in the first place. Other than that, you are sure it were people using their mics in the in game voice chat that you heard right?

Edit: or its simply intended this way which i dont think is the case
Yeah I heard people ingame talking and not sure if that is supposed to be the case. I asked if anyone can hear me but no one answered lol. I verified that I was not in a team when I heard players. I actually like talking in game but not sure if that is suppose to happen

Reactions: Woozu

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
What if a teammate gets infected, will it still be able to communicate with the others? And what if, another member of the team gets infected, will it be able to comunicate with the first teammate that got infected?

Reactions: JUNIOЯ'

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'645
1'358
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
thank you for reporting the bug! I think I have an idea as to why that happens, I'm trying to fix it.

Voice chat is currently meant to work cross teams, so if you get infected you can still shout "bitch! Why did you not cover my 6?" at your teammate who escaped the zombie.
quite like on discord where you don't suddenly stop hearing your friend just because you got infected.

Reactions: Woozu

Soup^

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
15 May 2022
Greece
Well from what I have noticed today:

• I can randomly hear people every now and then,even if I or anybody else is in the team.
  • Doesn't matter if you are human or a zombie,you can still talk to your teammates ( which I don't know if it's intended or not,but I like it this way)
  • People having a hard time noticing that they are being invited in the chat ( Maybe have a pop up notification {[e.g] a notification similar to map votes} for them to spot it easier?)

20 Apr 2023

• I can randomly hear people every now and then,even if I or anybody else is in the team.
  • Doesn't matter if you are human or a zombie,you can still talk to your teammates ( which I don't know if it's intended or not,but I like it this way)
  • People having a hard time noticing that they are being invited in the chat ( Maybe have a pop up notification {[e.g] a notification similar to map votes} for them to spot it easier?)
Good idea, but I think we should put a cooldown on invite if we add a notification panel because otherwise some peoples would spam it and it would be problematic since it can temporally block a key {[e.g] You're running away from a zombie, your primary weapon is empty and you need to switch to your pistol but the panel pop up.

Atomic

11 Apr 2024

Jep, same. I could also randomly hear some people when I was not in a team. But when I was in a team I couldn't hear any randoms.....maybe it was just a coincidence.
And yes, people have a hard time noticing the invites... some kind of pop-up would be nice.
The !ping did not seem to work.
But other than that it was brilliant, I really love this solution. I hope ya'll team up with me every time you see me in the server.

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'645
1'358
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com