Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Title of map: Office House

Link to Map: https://www.dropbox.com/s/85hatx1s2pxq4ez/office_house_b3.bsp
Link to Map(compressed): https://www.dropbox.com/s/ln9b8snfhvkqjl8/office_house_b3.rar

Text:
I wanted to make an office-map, so i did :)
I think people will like this

There are a few secrets, some unusual camp spots I'm kinda proud off and a rideable helicopter. I think this is also a more of a hunting map.
Some may be skeptical to the helicopter ride, but the tour lasts for only 1 minute, and it will not be able to start up again until 30 sec has passed. I also made sure the path is close to buildings and stuff, so zombies can jump at the helicopter and get the humans.

If you're board or something theres even a small bhop-challenge on the roof, you got to be an expert though ;)

Known Issues/Bugs:
- none yet, but who knows

I need all the feedback i can get, please try it and share

ps; beware of dogs..

4Vur5.jpg 4Vusi.jpg
4Vutw.jpg 4Vuuw.jpg
4Vuvo.jpg 4Vuwd.jpg
4Vux6.jpg 4VuxN.jpg
4VuyJ.jpg 4VuzN.jpg
4VuAJ.jpg 4VuBO.jpg
4VuDd.jpg

gotcha

5 Oct 2013
Germany
Hey,

it looks good on the pics, even though it could use much more details (i.e. grass spots on the floor on the outside, walk ways to the entrances, sidewalks at the roads, trees and foliage, lamps-models at light sources etc.)
You should also replace the entrance "tunnel" (black hole thing :D) with a real tunnel fading to darkness or to a corner the player cannot see around, that would look much better.

And there's one big thing: the filesize :shock::shock:
I wouldn't want to download 89 mb at a mapchange, since I only have DSL 2k and i bet there's lots of other users with low speed connections out there.
You probably gotta optimize it.

I'm going to test it soon, keep up the work :)

Yours, gotcha

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Thanks for feedback, i have been thinking about all of you points my self. I worked alot on the map and after a point i figured i needed feedback before i vent further.
Except for the file-size the map is very playable and working good.

Does anyone know if HDR makes the file-size much bigger, and can does other people also experience that the file-size explode when you pack the map?
i have some models and stuff, but it shouldn't be so big. the hillbilly-map had much more models and props and they are the same size, anyone got some tips?

update: it is optimized, well... inside its optimized. the outside is big and open so hard to optimize there. I have plans to reduce the outside space.

Last edited:

gotcha

5 Oct 2013
Germany
I guess I read that HDR increases the filesize to the double.

I didn't use custom models before, but maybe there are options in your packing software to reduce the filesize like in archiving tools.
Did you check for unused models/textures that were packed?

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
maybe HDR messes with fps too? i dont know, i have 299 all the time when i play it, and my computer is good. in this case, for testing, its a negative thing :p

My packing programs have been acting fucked up lately, i read about it and found out that many have gotten their SDK fucked up after 10 October, their last update.

i have always wondered why i have to put common files in the map-file though. I mean like files that comes with CSS in the "cstrike_pak_dir.vpk" file. i have too open up that one and extract them to a folder, along with the content of "source 2007 shared materials.gcf" and "source 2007 shared models.gcf".

I mean, if every have the content in those files, especially the "cstrike_pak_dir.vpk", why would i have to add them in the map-file?

getting into the whole process of using Hammer and sdk should be a bachelor-degree qualification...

update:
Did you check for unused models/textures that were packed?

you know how to do that?

update2: see..! even the texture for the tools are added
4VPJR.png

Last edited:

Boubble

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Jun 2013
how do you make those maps so fast?
p.s it's sexy!!

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Last edited:

Twice

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
16 Mar 2012
I really like that map. Tested the b3 version when 64 players were on, feelings were mixed but it's normal that it takes some time until players find their tactics on new maps. The new version of the map is even better

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Yeah, been thinking about that too. Gonna wait a bit though, see how people play the map and handle things.
People on v3 are doing very well on the map. On v1 the players seem a bit more confused, but that may change when people get to know it.
On v3 i observed people being really creative in solving how to get to the CT's when they find a camp-spot.

But still there are alot of places for people to explore yet. The roof is very popular, but there is alot of good spots elsewhere too.

Last edited: