Points needed to be certain ranks

blair

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
27 Mar 2016
New Hampshire
Hi, im just kinda wondering why the amount of points needed to be a certain rank was lowered on the new hardware servers? To me it would make more sense that the points needed to be different ranks should be higher so its more of a challenge to get to the highest level. Even though rank really doesnt matter, its just weird asking a beast for help and then have their time be higher than yours.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'940
Canadia eh?
On the 24/7 servers the standard points system is meant to be 6 points for scrub up to 770 points for beast. For some reason on some servers it has a smaller points system, only recquiring 550 points to obtain a beast rank. This was noticed recently and should be fixed soon. To precisely answer your question, the amount of points needed was never lowered, there were just a select few servers that for unknown reasons have apparently always had a lower amount of points needed and this should be fixed soon. You could have a time faster than a beast because they play other mapd whereas you only play that 1 map, points are based off of time on all of our 24/7 servers not just 1 map, which means someone with a beast rank could be slower than a semipro on a given map. Hope this answer your question :smile:

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'940
Canadia eh?
Edit: From looking at cksurf code (niko did, not me) points are based off of how many people have finished the map and how many points people have gotten from the map, it is not a base value, so the points will remain the same

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'643
1'355
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
that is correct.
However i will further inspect to figure out if there are other configurations related