Poll. Should zm_temple_v2 be removed from v1?

Should zm_temple_v2 be removed from v1?

• Total voters

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Greetings all.

In the past years many players have requested to get zm_temple_v2 removed from v1, now i think it's time to make a vote about it.
Also, the server often lose players when this map comes on, which also is an issue.

The primary reasons I've heard from people who wanted it removed are the following.
  • Too many campers.
  • Too many Zombies camping in the water.
  • Too big.
  • Boring in general.

I can relate to some of the things, therefore i make this thread.

If the map gets removed from the nominate list, it would become a Special Map.

Also if you have any ideas for a new map to replace it (If it gets removed) Then write your idea(s) below.

Last edited:
Reactions: Enissay

miaumarmelade

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
24 Jan 2016
Germany
Same opinion... moving it to the special map is a good idea! I would suggest dust_hunt vb1 instead, it has a good size and the camping spots of cts are good to be conquered by zombies

yyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Nov 2013
USA
Here's the deal with Temple. It's a beautiful and one of the most unique maps, but what ruins it are the CT camping ledges near the water. That's why zombies just sit in water because they know that they have little to no chance of reaching those campers, especially if there's lots of them (usually at least 1/3 of the CT team always camp there).

If you edit the map to nerf that camper ledge, then the map will have a potential to be one of the greats.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
The "Special features" would have to be deleted as well, with that i mean all the ways there is to die. Such as the blue laser stuff, and the hulls there comes near one of the spawns, when someone runs over them. Also a few OP camp-spots.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
@Klovn
I dont think we should judge a map on words like "Special features". We have talked about this before and i still disagree that a map should be changed or disgarded because it has "Special features". Most maps have them is some form or another and it seems like we are picking and choosing based on what we personally like if we use terms like that.

You are very much right in that some maps have features that is not suited for the nominate-list, but we cant purge a map if it just got some quirks.
I would argue that the doors, THE elevator, the falling container & the jump-platform on 4way are "Special features" or quirks too, but that map will never be removed. Palace got these hidden teleports and OP underground boxes, industrial_waste is the campiest maps we got and most other maps on v1 is heavily favored CT. And, that dont mean i dont like playing them :)

But just saying, that a map can be quirky and have some strange properties and still be a "hunting" map for v1
613af31747.jpg

Btw, i dont think the map should be edited, but it one were to do so i would remove 1 of the beams. the one in player headheight in the tunnel you can drop out of the ceiling.

yyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Nov 2013
USA
The reason why many players dislike and rtv this map is because of the camp spot that I mentioned. I'm not sure about other OP spots, but that ledge above the water is the main problem in my opinion. Regarding the beams, I would keep them but reduce the damage from instant kill to something less severe.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Wolfram i don't judge maps on my personal opinion, but the fact that players die by such features is in my opinion not a good thing in a map, especially not for a map on the nominate list.

Alca

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Ex Admin
29 Aug 2014
It is a good hunting map, and it is played quite rarely on V1. I don't understand why it should be deleted from the normal maps, just my opinion (good hunters opinion ; > )

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
i don't judge maps on my personal opinion, but the fact that players die by such features is in my opinion not a good thing in a map

xD

Sorry, you made that waay to easy :innocent:

But! just want to point out that i didnt say that, i said: "Most maps have them is some form or another and it seems like we are picking and choosing based on what we personally like if we use terms like that".

I just fear it may be boring to be zombie if the maps are all about killing zombies.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
I see your point, and lol why did i wrote that.. However i look at which maps that makes players join the server, and which that makes players leave. Temple is simply not a popular map. I understand it can be frustrating for those who likes the map that it's removed, but we gotta look at it from another point of view.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Temple is simply not a popular map. I understand it can be frustrating for those who likes the map that it's removed, but we gotta look at it from another point of view.

oh, uhm, i compleatly agree with you :p

remove it or change it. Its waaaay too campy. too hard for zombies in that big room. Just dont remove everything fanzy, only the things that really do need to be removed, so the map are more fair :)

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
I still fear that even though someone changes it, it would still not be popular. Same with huntingpark and marbble.