Prestige system 'issue' update thread

denied

I wanted to create this post for some time, as we are many who are very hungry for information regarding the prestige skin issue.

Would it be possible for Junior or any other staff member working on resolving the issue, to create a thread/post where potential updates and relevant information relating to this can be posted/shared? I think I speak on behalf of many members of this community when I say that we want to be in the loop. It would also be nice for the people who didn't see what Junior wrote in the shoutbox some weeks back.

So basically an update whenever the problem gets closer to being solved, I would personally appreciate that very much and I'm sure others would as well.

THIS is not me asking any of you to work harder to fix it. I only want to know out of curiosity, what is going on and potentially when we will be able to show off our points again 😁👍

Reactions: easy and Jonas_k_94

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Hey,

I'm like you, I like to have answers / information on something I ask .. I understand the frustration but better to do things right, than to break everything..

Some of us have access to the Elite HunterZ test server (This is a copy of V3), for, as the name suggests, to do tests.
With
TheRalle we were already able to fix some minor issues that were present on V3 and V1

Now the biggest problem that arises was the prestige skins.

You should know that the skins are / will be distributed automatically (Thanks to 38), I put myself on the test server for at least 2 weeks, alone to avoid any confusion, working on prestige issue

On the test server it has been working, but unfortunately and fortunately, I prefer to ask for advice between admins because I can't and I don't want to make mistakes
But as you can see, we are mostly young adults, so we have an adult life .. so we can have constraints that can delay this, even though I love CSS

The changes will take place soon, and I will keep you informed.
And anyway I'll keep the old setup just in case

Thank you for your patience

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Small feeback on this progress

I was able to start with the configuration on V1. I had a small problem but everything ended well, everything is working fine I don't have to go back over it anymore

I did the same on V3, but I don't know what's going on, but it doesn't work as it should.

I noticed that the problem comes from a problem with the placement of the skins in the configuration
Some players ended up with skins that they shouldn't have had (it happened to me on the test server, but I was able to fix the problem)
But it mostly affects VIP skins, and I don't want to pose any problem to those who donate money for the proper functioning of the servers..

This "non-saving" comes from the fact that the plugin which makes it possible to distribute the prestiges skins, first takes the VIPs skins (due to the placement in the configuration), but since the VIPs skins are reserved only for certain players, the default skin automatically resets with each new map / new connection, but you will still have the prestige skin in your inventory.
Anyway it's too weird.. and I can not afford to do what I want with the V3 knowing that there are always people on it

I'm not letting go, it will probably take a little longer..
Remember that these are only skins, it does not change the gameplay at all.

• Love
Reactions: Molsted and denied

Hard

24 Jun 2020
Nepal
forum.elite-hunterz.com
Now Prestige Skin is working but there is an issue

this happens only for gold skins

Attachments

• zm_mystic_halls_b30000.jpg
    zm_mystic_halls_b30000.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 226
  • zm_mystic_halls_b30001.jpg
    zm_mystic_halls_b30001.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 230
  • zm_mystic_halls_b30002.jpg
    zm_mystic_halls_b30002.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 226
  • zm_mystic_halls_b30003.jpg
    zm_mystic_halls_b30003.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 226

Jonas_k_94

Gameserver Admin
Donator
24 Sep 2014
Norway
Happed last time aswell, but disapears after a few rounds. Been ingame for 30 mins now and havent seen anyone with admin skin. I'll keep an eye out and notify Junior if I see anyone with admin skin.

Reactions: denied

Jonas_k_94

Gameserver Admin
Donator
24 Sep 2014
Norway
Either did I, denied.

But lockheed got admin skin today, for 1 map, now it seems to be gone.

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Junior was fixing with skins last night, we are still working on getting the rank skins to work hence the little mishappens, expect some skins to be a little wonky the next few days! :)

Hard

24 Jun 2020
Nepal
forum.elite-hunterz.com
wth i got admin skin in silver level in dust1 map

JUNIOЯ'

Gameserver Admin
Forum Moderator
25 Apr 2019
France
steamcommunity.com
Hey ! Thanks for feedbacks, but don't panic I already know and I had warned the admins of these possible changes

I'll try to explain all of this as best I can. From what I understood

You should know that the plugin which distributes the prestiges skins is based on the HLstatsX data of the zombie server, and the stats of the zombie server in fact include the 2 zombie servers (V1 and V3) [You have the same number of points on the V1 as on V3, and this, even if you only play on V3]

Now, the test server is apart, and knowing that I am on my own, I cannot notice these skin changes, even if it happened to me a few times to have a different skin, but on the contrary of the players , I change it. After that I understand that seeing an "admin" skin (
It only remains a skin, you don't have the powers that go with it) in its inventory, you don't want to change it (To show off, often) and then it's not your "mistake"

With
The Bear Jew yesterday, it annoyed me I couldn't figure it out, and before going to sleep I looked at some forums that explained this problem of changing skins, everything will start from the server cookies, basically, it saves your data for your future connections

I'll explain all of this using tables :

You should know that the V1 has more skins than the V3, so, not the same "configuration", remember that, it's important for the future of this post

SKINS V1
SKINS V3
Fatty Corona (Default Zombie Class)​
Fatty (Default Zombie Class)​
Fatty VIP​
Fatty VIP​
Mother Fatty​
Mother Fatty​
Fatty_Santa​
Default CSS models​
Biosuit​
Admin​
Admin​
Head Admin​
Santa​
EH Member​
Head Admin​
Engineer​
EH Member​
Harley Quinn​
Prestige Bronze​
Nanosuit​
Prestige Silver​
Prestige Bronze​
Prestige Gold​
Prestige Silver​
Engineer​
Prestige Gold​
Harley Quinn​
Nanosuit​

I later noticed that when I go on V1, I "saved" a skin, and that I went to V3, I had a saved skin, but not the correct one. From there, it starts to clear up.

So I said to myself, if I put exactly the same number of skins on the 2 servers, it shouldn't be a problem.

So I did :

SKINS V1
SKINS V3
Fatty VIP​
Fatty VIP​
Mother Fatty​
Mother Fatty​
Fatty_Santa​
Fatty_Santa​
Biosuit​
Default CSS models​
Admin​
Admin​
Santa​
Santa​
Head Admin​
Head Admin​
EH Member​
EH Member​
Prestige Bronze​
Engineer​
Prestige Silver​
Harley Quinn​
Prestige Gold​
Nanosuit​
Engineer​
Prestige Bronze​
Harley Quinn​
Prestige Silver​
Nanosuit​
Prestige Gold​

Already, as you can see, some skins do not match, and more precisely the prestiges skins

BUT, I didn't think about the other players .. and yes it's easy to do these tests on a test server (All alone) and on a V1 (also alone)
So the players who had selected a VIP / Admin skins (Yes because the prestige skins were not present again) before I changed the order of the skins, find themselves with the "new" skin which is present in the same place. than the "before" one
BUT it must also correspond to the order of V1 for prestiges skins..

Demonstration :

SKINS V1
SKINS V3 (BEFORE)
SKINS V3 (FIRST CHANGE)
Fatty VIP​
Fatty VIP​
Fatty VIP​
Mother Fatty​
Mother Fatty​
Mother Fatty​
Fatty_Santa​
Default CSS Models​
Fatty_Santa​
Biosuit​
Admin​
Default CSS Models​
Admin​
Head Admin​
Admin​
Santa​
EH Member​
Santa​
Head Admin​
Engineer​
Head Admin​
EH Member​
Harley Quinn​
EH Member​
Prestige Bronze​
Nanosuit​
Engineer​
Prestige Silver​
Prestige Bronze​
Harley Quinn​
Prestige Gold​
Prestige Silver​
Nanosuit​
Engineer​
Prestige Gold​
Prestige Bronze​
Harley Quinn​
Prestige Silver​
Nanosuit​
Prestige Gold​

So, at the "first" connection after the change I made, if a player had come before this change, with a saved skin such as for example Engineer, coming back for his first connection, with the Head Admin skin. Logically it should only stay during a map / rejoin, the time that the server understands that it is not the right skin compared to the name of the chosen skin.
Like when I make changes, I have to wait for the change of maps for the server to take into account the new changes

All others exemples :

A player who did not disconnect between the first changes or disconnect during the first change :

Default CSS Models becomes Fatty_Santa as zombie
Harley Quinn becomes EH Member (FOR VIPS)
Nanosuit becomes Engineer (FOR VIPS)
Prestige Bronze becomes Default CSS Models (FOR NON-VIPS otherwise becomes Harley Quinn)
Prestige Silver becomes Default CSS Models (FOR NON-VIPS otherwise becomes Nanosuit)
Prestige Gold becomes Prestige Bronze

Before going to sleep I put this configuration (So the 2nd change) :

SKINS V1
SKINS V3 (2ND CHANGE)
Fatty VIP​
Fatty VIP​
Mother Fatty​
Mother Fatty​
Fatty_Santa​
Default CSS Models​
Biosuit​
Admin​
Admin​
Head Admin​
Santa​
EH Member​
Head Admin​
Engineer​
EH Member​
Harley Quinn​
Prestige Bronze​
Nanosuit​
Prestige Silver​
Prestige Bronze​
Prestige Gold​
Prestige Silver​
Engineer​
Prestige Gold​
Harley Quinn​
Fatty_Santa​
Nanosuit​
Santa​

The second change corresponds to the same skins as before, but does not correspond to the same order as V1. And that's where the non-saving skins start

But what the cookies have saved is the order of the first 2 tables :

SKINS V1
SKINS V3
Fatty VIP​
Fatty VIP​
Mother Fatty​
Mother Fatty​
Fatty_Santa​
Default CSS models​
Biosuit​
Admin​
Admin​
Head Admin​
Santa​
EH Member​
Head Admin​
Engineer​
EH Member​
Harley Quinn​
Prestige Bronze​
Nanosuit​
Prestige Silver​
Prestige Bronze​
Prestige Gold​
Prestige Silver​
Engineer​
Prestige Gold​
Harley Quinn​
Nanosuit​

So, if I want to choose the "prestige gold" skin on the V3, the plugin also refers to the V1, it sees that it does not correspond because Engineer is in the same place, and therefore resets the skin by default because I am not a VIP

But if I connect to the V1, that I take the prestige gold skin, if I connect to the V3 then, I will have the prestige silver (If the plugin is in place on the 2 servers)

For VIPs there are no problems since VIPs skins are configured to be skin by default as soon as it is chosen

I deactivated the plugin that distributes the prestige skins on the V1, so it looks as if they no longer exist (prestiges skins), but we come back to the same problem, the prestige gold on the V3, becomes nothing on the V1, do not match, so put the default skin back on each new map
All skins that do not match, automatically revert to the default skin (For prestiges skins)

The save worked on the V1 when the plugin was not set up on the V3, I did the same thing but on the V3 side to see, I did not see if it worked

After all that I think that the problem of this "no-save" would come from the cookies (I hope not to be mistaken, I will ask for opinions) and that we would have to clean these cookies to start from 0 in a way.

I didn't think this was going to take my head so much, I'll admit

But I'm not going to give up, it's me, I asked to take care of this

Last edited:

denied

Great work @JUNIOЯ' - Very understandable for a layman like me! 👍

I was playing yesterday, wearing my gold prestige. After I logged off and came back to join again, I noticed that my skin was set to head-admin in the !zclass menu. When I clicked on "Humans" the only option there was, was my gold prestige.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'144
Zombieland
Prestige skins are deactivated bcuz of tecnical issues atm.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'144
Zombieland
Update: Prestige skins are available on v3 again (until further notice) - enjoy!

• Love
Reactions: denied and Paw

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'144
Zombieland
Well... unfortunately there are still some issues regarding our donator skins if prestige skins are activated, they had to be deactivated again :/

• Sad