Regarding rules, rules acknowledgement and agreement.

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
For many times I have seen that, when a player breaks a rule the the online admin will write a message on chat for that player. Some players will take this as an offense, if the message from admin stops with "Do you understand ?!"
The conversation between admin and player, can escalade really fast, leading to a gag or a ban for the player. I think this can be avoided.
This is where I will like to ask something. Is it possible that, when a player breaks a rule, to be redirected in spec mode where a browser page opens showing the rules, where at the bottom should be to buttons that says "I have read and understand the rules" , and " I do not agree with the rules". If the "I have read and understand the rules" button is clicket then the player will have the possibility to choose a team, if the other button is clicket then a automat kick will be send with the message: read and understand the rules.
If the player reconnects the admin can see that then, a freeze command can be issued.
Is it possible for such a plug in? I can remember that on cs1.6 it was possible, at least the redirecting part to spec mode.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
I cant imagine a plugin that detects blocking, teamkilling (in ZM way like boosting to the enemy or dancing with the enemy), barricade destroying, chat rulebreaking etc. at all. Apart from coding barriers this isnt a good idea. We would probeblay play 10 vs 10 on v3, and the new kicking-specs plugin would empty the server ;)

Things get heated a lot on v3, that's true. We got admins doing a great job but when it comes to permament trolling behaviour of few players one might get triggered more even by smaller offenses that usually wouldnt bring the heat. However from what I see in abuse reports we got hardly any admin punishment that isnt justified therefore I am nit supporting your idea.

Ps. Why dont we see you lazy fatty showing up in admin recuritment? ;)

Reactions: K4marad

K4marad

Gameserver Admin
Donator
15 Jan 2018
Was thinking about it but, sometimes I lack the "cool down" temperament, where bad decisions can be made.
The idea behind the plug in is that, it is not the plug in that detects the rule breaker, that will be job of admin to do, and it is the admin that will have to redirect the player into spec mode where, the rules are showing up.
But I guess that it is much simpler to change the menu with the rules that is popping up on the screen at the beginning of a new round, instead of having "0 close" can be changed to "0 I have read the rules" .