Server lag all day

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
Been on hole day and almost every map change we have server lag, earlier we had up to 300-400 Ping on everyone once when we got a real bad lag, SOUR was on then.

Whats going on, did you put srcds to run on 1 core (affinity) or something? let it run on several cores if you own the dedicated server. the server only has a few skins it shouldnt be that heavy on the cpu with 64 players, there seems to be a plugin that is stacking up resources every round that you recently added and or else i dont know but its bad.

almost every single map now for many hours of gaming, very tiresome.

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Yesterday, niko did some maintenance work. Maybe he can provide you with more details @Nikooo777

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'204
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
Hi! We are having some issues with the server at the moment please be patient.

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
happening right now again only 13 minutes into the map. come on how does your cpu get bottlenecked so fast.

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
if you did the ssd change well it was already obvious thats not causing the lags.... so ofcourse its not fixed and keeps coming back.

its CPU/RAM related and which cores you run on srcds, if you run all the other csgo servers in on the same cpu you should probably close the dead ones.

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
I think i found out the cause of the lag, there is a plugin that is stacking up cpu usage per Zombie death and or player/zombie death, the more deaths inside one round the worse it gets.

On italy and officerush when there has been Alot of kills and zombies just going in and dying, it seems to lag up really fast and then after 10-20 seconds it stops, so i would just blame and check out any of the recent plugins, if you have multiple sourcemod devs that could look at the sp for recent plugins that'd be an idea if the cpu usage is 100%.

Atleast this is what im noticing, rounds with alot of kills it seems to happend mostly only then. so active rounds with alot of ppl just going hardcore zombie mode the server will most likely end up lagging.

thats what im seeing so far, it doesnt seem to be totally random.

Reactions: Kr1pT1c

Kr1pT1c

Gameserver Admin
CSGO Zombie Admin
Donator
28 Apr 2019
Germany
Thank you very much for these interesting ideas and observations you have made @Law_Enforcement. I have informed Niko about this thread so he could perhaps look more Into this. Let's hope this will help with fixing the lags.

Reactions: JUNIOЯ'

Nikooo777

when life gives me lemons, I rtv
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Mar 2010
5'639
1'339
Switzerland
elite-hunterz.com
Thank you for the analysis. Lags are very hard to figure out, they really could be at any level of the stack, from hardware to software.

We definitely checked some of the hardware and it seems like that wasn't the main issue. While the server stability improved, the lags haven't.

We're looking into the issue at the software level now, but I'll be honest, it's not easy, we've been battling lags since the beginning 10 years ago. Hopefully we can pinpoint something soon

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
if you have a desktop view of your server i would run hwmonitor (and keep it open for a few hours) and then check the cores you run the server on, did you assign it to specific cores (affinity) or run across the entire cpu?

atleast then you will find out if they ever max out, cause all im seeing is cpu usage maxing out, i remember we changed how noblock works if thats a new plugin or same one maybe thats just all it was.

if all you have is a panel with fixed (core usage) those r just the entire cpu or each core?`

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
now this will be helpfull @Nikooo777 , getting the lags with so few players. there has to be a plugin stacking up im 100% sure its cpu usage, i doubt its a MYSQL plugin lagging behind.

xssREEj.jpg

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
its still the exact same type of lag as before despite lowering tickrate to 33 which uses less cpu. so that did nothing

Attachments

• lagz.dem
    416.2 KB · Views: 97

Law_Enforcement

Donator
28 May 2018
that sounds like bs. =)

NoMatt3r

Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
26 Mar 2012
2'011
Germany / Munich
Currently, we do not have the resources to work on the core plugin since it probably takes several days to dig down to the problem and fix it. It's an unpleasant situation for everybody but we have to get along with it for now.