The ultimate truth about 4way_tunnel.bsp

Lord Ansgaar

11 Dec 2014
Ok so its one of the favourite maps in v3. But its also preferred by the hunters from v1 server. How is so?
Hunters like it and campers like it?
The reason is its not about the map, its about the players.
If all players stay close to spawn its a hunting map, but if most all just run to top its camp map.

And it sads me to everytime it be a camp map. All players run to top asap. Some even troll the slower by closing doors or not waiting by the elevator. Leaving his teammates possibly die. Then when up he shoots the plate with boxes down, just for, he doesnt realize he made it easier for the Fatties. Then he goes to the platform and possibly try to drop a few teammates down.

Then he either sits afk until next round or camp kill nabz or die like a horrible nab he is.
gg.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
4way 4way 4way, may you forever stay.

Man i love 4way, used to be the best map for hunting, back in v1's glory days 4way was the best map when there were a ton of hunters and skilled players knowing the boosts and so on, i remember @AlawY he was insane at that map, did some OP boosts to kill all campers easily, man i miss those days but 4way is still an amazing map, if you know how to kill the campers it is a lot of fun as well when you are zombie.

the map is like an escape map on v3 however, people rush to the top for "safety" but that is not really the point of the map, it is so great for hunting, the tunnel, the doors, the ramps above the spawn etc, all amazing if you got a tmp or m3.

in my opinion 4way is an amazing map, very well made, fair for both teams and it remains quite popular among the players.

Reactions: aüx and easy

Lord Ansgaar

11 Dec 2014
But with v3 players, its just boring camp map where its impossible to go hunt alone, since none of the nabs dont have balls for hunting. So you die.

Lord Ansgaar

11 Dec 2014
Havocs version was true in the past, but my version is true now. And its still popular for different reason.

Khamal

Donator
28 Jul 2018
Canada
Just add back the version that had a zombie catapult at the bottom center, i think it was a 2009 or 2010 remake lol it would make all the top ones constantly move along the rails either way, I love the map campers or not hahahaha, i've loved the map since I was a kid, I still remember when it was on ze's lol I think when v3 is full it's more balanced as it spreads zombies and humans to more routes,well usually anyhow

Lord Ansgaar

11 Dec 2014
Is it a here by a deduction of such thing as it is not the fault of the map why it is boring, but the players are boring campers, such making such good map boring. Aye?

Khamal

Donator
28 Jul 2018
Canada
Fair enough lol, it is hard to get most to go hunting, or at the least the majority, its only ever like one in four that likes to move spots and get off the comfy couch

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
i remember @AlawY he was insane at that map

Back in the days I called this map 4AlawaY... I remember I observed @AlawY for weeks - purely skill, so many tricks, awesome tactics. When he first got me (I felt so safe on middle rooftop using my shotgun) I thought there's a cheater when he got me from behind. One of these moments when I believed I knew any trick in this game and had to determine that there is so much left to learn xD

Reactions: Havoc

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'204
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
I remember @Phanty on 4way, he was the dude i was looking at, the RB's and boosts and his bhops was sick. But 4way will always stay, on v3 i usually get a few people to help me hunt you can always go solo hunt it's hard but if you are good enough and have map knowledge/looks at the radar you should be fine.

Docta

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
29 Dec 2017
4way is a great map, even when V3 campers are doing their thing zombies can coordinate an attack from elevator and RB from under platform to get them. Both Neko maps are great (4way and athletic_park) and are a couple of the only maps that let you test obscene bhopping and airstrafing. Those are playgrounds for players with good movement.

Reactions: easy and SOUR

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
New 4way is best map we got imo. Regarding rush to the roof: When I was a new player it took me ca. 4 weeks to find the best way for me up to the roof but only two rounds to discover that this is the most boring spot on map.

If you wanna have fun on this map:
- Defend the doors and start hunting fattiez after the chaos of the first infections is under control :)
- Or defend stairs on top (if you are an advanced player also at the bottom, but beware: fattiez might just jump down and attack from behind)
- True hunterz might also stay at spawn and defend tunnel right of the spawn elevator (and defend spawn from spawn trapping naps)

Oh and ofc wait for some plattform campers to kill them with those funny buttons Wolfram added :p - great map mate!