Unban Request: phu

phu

13 Nov 2016
Name: phu

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:20083678

Ban reason: "Team Killing"

Unban reason: It's the second time Dataworm bans me for "team killing". I can't remember the first time and I let it slide but the second happened just minutes ago.

It all happened on 4way on the very top. As you all know the top platform is very narrow so inexperienced players usually don't know how to navigate the platforms and fall to their death... it happens at almost every round!

If you care to check the server chat logs you'll see me joking with a player for trying to jump to the water platform below and failing (he replies back laughing with me). Just after that you'll also see me laughing at two other players rushing trough the platforms and falling.

Neither of those deaths were "team killing". The first player (and probably the second.. I'm not sure..) didn't even touch me at all!! I'd ask Dataworm for a demo of me "team killing" but we all know he won't provide one as it couldn't possibly exist.

So yeah, this is my formal request to remove the ban.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Hi phu,

I didn't saw a request for a demo but i saw your question why this happened right after i entered and submitted the ban details (which means the ban became active before i was able to respond). What I saw was the third person who jumped up to your platform, jumped on you to get over you and you moved back the moment he stood on you which resulted in him falling down. The timing looked quite intentional and then i saw you writing and laughing that already the third one died... Maybe it was not as intentional as it looked like so I will unban you.
The first time i banned you is too long ago so I can't remember that situation in detail. But i checked the records, your first ban (teamkilling) was performed by another admin. Since that time i banned you two times, one time for teaming (could have been on rush_final for knifing people to the roof, but it is just a guess) and another time for rejoining (which I have seen quite often in your case). Anyway i removed your current ban, happy playing!

phu

13 Nov 2016
Hi phu,

I didn't saw a request for a demo but i saw your question why this happened right after i entered and submitted the ban details (which means the ban became active before i was able to respond). What I saw was the third person who jumped up to your platform, jumped on you to get over you and you moved back the moment he stood on you which resulted in him falling down. The timing looked quite intentional and then i saw you writing and laughing that already the third one died... Maybe it was not as intentional as it looked like so I will unban you.
The first time i banned you is too long ago so I can't remember that situation in detail. But i checked the records, your first ban (teamkilling) was performed by another admin. Since that time i banned you two times, one time for teaming (could have been on rush_final for knifing people to the roof, but it is just a guess) and another time for rejoining (which I have seen quite often in your case). Anyway i removed your current ban, happy playing!

It's not the first time and it sure won't be the last that someone falls because I moved while standing on the 4way top platform. 4way is actually one of my favorite maps and 90% of the time I camp on the narrow corridor on the top platform moving back and forth and shooting zombies jumping from the elevator. It's quite common for inexperienced players to bump into me and falling down.. that's just the way the map is! And if you were spectating me then you saw me crouching letting a player jump over me.. I often do that on 4way.

But that's ok, it was an honest mistake so let's forget about it.

Regarding the teaming ban, and for the record, you're right about rush_final, it was exactly for that reason. Why? because I saw other players doing just that and I laughed and tried to do the same. At the time I didn't know teaming was forbidden as I saw lots of players, regular and new, doing it on this server and other servers. But yeah you banned me, I became aware that it is forbidden and I stopped doing it... end of story.

The rejoining ban was the exact same case. I just want to point out that you're wrong saying I do it quite often. The first time I was banned for doing it I became aware and never did it again. If you still think that I keep doing it maybe you'll back it up with a demo?

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
No i just meant that i saw this happening more than once before i banned you for it. I'm sure it was no problem anymore afterwards. And it is always hard to figure out why someone rejoined so I usually just act when I see that happens multiple times. Maybe the first times were for other reasons and then I might have caught you at a bad moment. But you should have been warned or kicked before the first ban but before I used kicks I often just warned which was sometimes overseen by players (that's why i switched to kicking to make sure they realise the message).
Anyway I believe you and I guess we just got a series of unlucky situations. Probably we won't get into such trouble again =)