Unban Request: phu

phu

13 Nov 2016
Name: phu

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:20083678

Ban reason: Rejoining

Unban reason: I was banned a few minutes ago for "rejoining".

I get it, the admins just rely on the server plugin telling them someone rejoined and don't check the reasons why he did it (bad connection, game breaking glitch, etc..).

In my case I was stuck in a vending machine unable to play the game. I didn't disconnect to avoid death as no CT was even shooting at me. I was stuck because a zombie pushed the vending machine onto me on purpose and zstuck couldn't help me. If you check the logs, demos or anything else that you might record you'll see just that.

The rules clearly state that "Reconnecting to avoid death" is forbidden. In my understanding I didn't break any rule so I decided to open this unban request. I'll wait for your answer.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Hey I just saw your message and forwarded it to the corresponding admin. maybe he will answer shortly but anyway the ban will be expired within the next minutes.

Just one more hint: there are often admins around and if you are stuck and can't free yourself, you could just write in chat and request to get teleported because you are stuck. with some luck an admin teleports you and you can continue playing. =)

Reactions: Havoc and cluth3r

just4fun

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
11 Oct 2015
Name: phu

I get it, the admins just rely on the server plugin telling them someone rejoined and don't check the reasons why he did it (bad connection, game breaking glitch, etc..).
We do not "just" rely on the information we get from plugin, but sometimes when rejoining gets out of control it is a necessary means. Like Dataworm has mentioned, you are always welcome to ask admins to teleport you when stuck.
My apologies and welcome back. Your ban has expired few minutes ago anyway, so you are welcome to join the game.

Best regards,
J4F

Last edited: