shazzer

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Oct 2014
Name: shazzer

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:19268053

Ban reason: bhop script aint allowed

Unban reason: Hello,

I am an active user of EliteHunterZ and used to play on the CSS servers regularly. I've recently been banned permanently from all servers for 'bhop scripting'. The demos which have been posted on SourceBans show me bhopping once or twice. Easy has told me his main evidence is the fact that I did not produce a jump signal when he was recording me. I have no idea what this means, I have bound the mousewheel (up and down) to jump. I have mentioned to him that I have changed some of my cvars to improve performance, since I use a MacBook and cannot run the game on anything above the lowest quality. Below are some of the cvars which I have changed. Hopefully this is the main reason why I am not producing this signal.

fps_max 34
cl_interp_ratio 1

I think that's it. I've changed the interpolation ratio because I experience little to no packet loss. Do bhop scripts even come available for Mac? I don't know how it works, but of course there is no way for me to prove to the admins that I am telling the truth. I've suggested that I can make a video of me playing, if that helps. The fact that I am writing what appears to be an essay on why I should be unbanned should be some proof that I enjoy playing seriously on your servers and that I am innocent. I could also upload some older demos of me failing to bhop then succeeding, so you know that I am not consistent enough to use a script. Is there any chance of me being able to watch the other demos which show me apparently scripting? Please reply.

Thanks.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'548
1'147
Zombieland
Hi Shazzer,

welcome to the forum. First of all: Here is other admin's demo, who asked me to handle that ban. Like in my demos, it shows you using a script. Meanwhile I talked to one of our helpful special admins who shares my opinion.

After checking your stats (including chat log) and as it was your first ban I am willing to reduce this ban if you promise not to use any scripts/cheats on EH servers in future.

Deal? If so, pls post an agreement here and I will reduce the ban. But remember: There won't be more chances in future... so play fair in general and take this as a seriously meant warning.

Reactions: Haze and PengS

shazzer

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Oct 2014
Like in my demos, it shows you using a script.
I disagree, but I guess I have no say in this.

After checking your stats (including chat log) and as it was your first ban I am willing to reduce this ban if you promise not to use any scripts/cheats on EH servers in future.
Never used cheats, never will. So that's settled.

Deal? If so, pls post an agreement here and I will reduce the ban. But remember: There won't be more chances in future... so play fair in general and take this as a seriously meant warning.
Deal.

AsH

Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
29 Mar 2010
1'001
Slovenia
I guess you have settled it then. The ban will be reduced according to our admin's Easy decision. Please refrain from using these sort of aids in order to game any longer.

No use is however stating that you did not use a cheat as it is evident in those two demo's that you did. Accept your faults and work to correct them. I wish you happy gaming on our servers, once of course the ban is lifted.

Kind Regards
Elite HunterZ Community Team

SPA AsH

Reactions: Haze

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'548
1'147
Zombieland
Reduced to a week (see here). You will be allowed to play again on our servers at November, 5th.

Use remaining time of this ban to reconsider why you have been banned and dont use this or any other aid again.

shazzer

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Oct 2014
fps_max 300
fps_max 150
fps_max 80
fps_max 40
fps_max 36 -- Inconsistent jump signal

As you should see from watching these demos, fps_max has an effect on how accurate the showkeys commands are. With fps_max set to 300, you consistently get a jump signal. However, when set to a value as low as 34, you consistently fail to get a jump signal (seen in the demos posted on SourceBans). It's important to note that this only happens when using the mouse wheel and you always get a jump signal with the space bar. This implies that the mouse wheel causes the jump input to be registered by the game but missed by the server-side plugin. When the ban was lifted, I tested the command to see what was the lowest value of fps_max for this to occur.

What I've found is that any value below 36 will stop the jump signal. Unfortunately I lack the technical knowledge of CSS's client and server architecture in order to give a reason on why this happens, but it does. The fps_max which I use is 34, the time it takes for the jump animation to complete. This is what I'm used to and I tend to bhop better with this value. It also stops my MacBook from overheating, so I can run the game without it freezing every five seconds (you can see this occasionally in the higher fps_max demos).

I asked Easy to test this for me and apparently he did, but it "doesn't matter". What does matter is that this is your only evidence for banning me, which I've proven invalid. "Acceleration" and "it's obvious" are not valid reasons for banning someone.

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'548
1'147
Zombieland
Hi again shazzer,

your ban has already expired, you should be able to play again on EH servers. Thanks for posting the demos.

Yes, me and a SPA admin tested fps_max too. I watched the demos again and it is more than suspicious how perfectly you bhop for 30 seconds up and down and back again (demo link posted above in my first reply). I decided not to unban you but give you a second chance in general by reducing your ban significantly from permanent to a week.

One question left from my point of view: If you know, that fps_max below 40 prevents "jump"-signals to be detected via showkeys, why dont you set it high enough to make them shown? Nobody expects you to set it to 300, but I think even a macbook will go along with 50, 60 or 80 and maybe even 100 in settings without boiling your fingers or exploding...

See you ingame!

Last edited:

shazzer

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
29 Oct 2014
If you know, that fps_max below 40 prevents "jump"-signals to be detected via showkeys, why dont you set it high enough to make them shown? Nobody expects you to set it to 300, but I think even a macbook will go along with 50, 60 or 80 and maybe even 100 in settings without boiling your fingers or exploding...
See you ingame!

Thanks for the quick reply. Like I said in my post, 34 is the time it takes for the jump animation to complete. I had no idea the server has showkeys, or how it reacts to a lower fps_max value. As well as keeping my MacBook cool, I found that changing my fps_max to this value helps me time my jumps (various bhopping tutorials online will suggest this). But if it means people think I'm scripting, I'll have to change it to another well-known value, like 54.

Last edited: