Uncommon 4way elevator bug.

sxmity

22 Apr 2023
Greater Manchester, UK (GB)
gamebanana.com
The issue at hand wasn't discovered until I do You can check for yourself in today's video below. (As the video format file is enormous, the forum received an error message, once again.)

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Reminds me that there is another bugged elevator button on 4way. At top of the elevator (which is located next to the spawn) the button can be triggered by shooting at it. This is lately often abused by players to let the elevator go down instantly giving zombies almost no time to get up to them. So I suggest that just like for the other elevator, the button should be fixed so that weapons can't trigger it. Otherwise it might also be an option to set a delay before elevator can go down again (which can also be useful when zombies on bottom keep calling the elevator all the time).

Reactions: sxmity

sxmity

22 Apr 2023
gamebanana.com
Reminds me that there is another bugged elevator button on 4way. At top of the elevator (which is located next to the spawn) the button can be triggered by shooting at it. This is lately often abused by players to let the elevator go down instantly giving zombies almost no time to get up to them. So I suggest that just like for the other elevator, the button should be fixed so that weapons can't trigger it. Otherwise it might also be an option to set a delay before elevator can go down again (which can also be useful when zombies on bottom keep calling the elevator all the time).
The issue also affects another elevator, there is no fix.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
Of course there is a fix. Making sure that the button can't be triggered by weapons would be a fix and totally doable as they did before for another elevator ;-)

sxmity

22 Apr 2023
gamebanana.com
Furthermore, I have discovered an additional video that highlights an elevator bug. Whenever the command !zstuck is entered, individuals are glitched out of the elevator, leading to an easy suicide. This problem becomes particularly severe if the bug is repeatedly triggered, as it can render the elevator immovable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DrFiction

Tirant

Donator
11 May 2018
Switzerland
Mind that this elevator has a weight limit of 400 kg. I count 9 men on the platform. Considering the average weight of an adult man is 80 kg, the elevator is approx. 320 kg overweight, thus the risk of a fall is inevitable when reaching the top floor. Please get in touch with the local service technician to put up appropriate warning signs. Alternatively, take matters into your own hands, implement a queue system at the bottom, and supervise it to ensure that only the safe number of people get onboard. Thank you for making the world a little bit safer!

sxmity

22 Apr 2023
gamebanana.com
The issue at hand wasn't discovered until I do You can check for yourself in today's video below. (As the video format file is enormous, the forum received an error message, once again.)
After a month, it became necessary to address and fix this issue, as it was causing our teammates to be killed due to the elevator glitch. https://forum.elite-hunterz.com/threads/cs-s-all-cs-go-zm-report-a-player-ubica.14446/ and https://forum.elite-hunterz.com/threads/cs-s-all-cs-go-zm-report-a-player-oxin_core.14506/

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021

Update :

zm_4way_fix2 Out.
  • Elevator* bug / glitch Fixed.
  • Map has been Optimised (Adding areaportal_window and removed useless textures).
  • Admin can noclip* easily in the map now. (The skybox outside the map was very useless).

Pictures*

20230814214525_1.jpg
20230814214556_1.jpg

(Left = Before)
(Right = After)

Elevator Teleporter*

Fixed.PNG

bsp : CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD THE BSP

Do'Jor'F​

if any problems contact me.

• Love

sxmity

22 Apr 2023
gamebanana.com

Update :​

zm_4way_fix2 Out.​

• Elevator* bug / glitch Fixed.
  • Map has been Optimised (Adding areaportal_window and removed useless textures).
  • Admin can noclip* easily in the map now. (The skybox outside the map was very useless).

Pictures*​

(Left = Before)​

(Right = After)​

Elevator Teleporter*​

Do'Jor'F​

if any problems contact me.

Has this glitch still not been fixed?

Attachments

• 4WAYGlitchNotFixed.mp4
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (1).JPG
    Screenshot (1).JPG
    259.4 KB · Views: 67

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
Has this glitch still not been fixed?
I don't think it's hugely bothersome, players tend to jump well before the elevator stops at the top. I initially wanted to address the elevator issue, where if a zombie gets on and shifts slightly to the side, it causes the elevator to glitch. I don't see many people exploiting this 'bug,' but if it becomes more frequent, I'll implement something to address it.

sxmity

22 Apr 2023
gamebanana.com
I don't think it's hugely bothersome, players tend to jump well before the elevator stops at the top. I initially wanted to address the elevator issue, where if a zombie gets on and shifts slightly to the side, it causes the elevator to glitch. I don't see many people exploiting this 'bug,' but if it becomes more frequent, I'll implement something to address it.
I'm talking about the sides where these peopl;e used to bug.