[uploaded 4 testing] zm_lila_ranch

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023

zm_lila_ranch

I present to your attention a new version of the Lila series. More pleasing to the eye, a beautiful cornfield skybox. Camper places that players love so much were abandoned (not all).

1714749278502.png
1714749332696.png

A working mill that rotates (do not put your hands into the mechanism, it will hurt).

1714749303131.png
1714749384721.png

Wide corridors instead of narrow ones. No "labyrinths".

1714749412288.png
1714749436711.png

Unknown alien technologies.

1714749475316.png

Admin room with a song, when you turn it on the map changes a little. In some places a red color appears and the mill begins to burn!

1714749508914.png

I hope players enjoy the new map! GoodLuck HunterZ

Attachments

• zm_lila_ranch.bsp
    43.7 MB · Views: 19

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
1. Map renamed from zm_lila_ranch to zm_eh_lila_ranch
2. little fixes

Attachments

• zm_eh_lila_ranch.bsp
    43.7 MB · Views: 14

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'560
1'158
Zombieland
Hello mate,

here my feedback:

This - where you can shoot bookshelves in - ...
1714924877508.png

...in combination to these bookshelves doesnt work. At least not for team ZM. Will work toally easy for CTs tho... Camperz dont even need those sodas anymore to make this cade unbreakable.

1714924912020.png

Additionally: Removing the roof as spot and - as I suspect by having a quick look - increasing the distance between stairs and the spot that is a container on regular lila deleted 2 options for zombiez to attack container camperz. Now only 2 options are left, the small box and edgerz. Will give zombiez a much harder time to get 'em container camperz:
1714925076406.png

My best advice atm is: make sure the distance bettween the house and the wooden camp spot (last pic) is exactly like on regular lila and reconsider your roof design. In my opinion your roof design is much harder to attack than on regular lila.

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
Hello mate,

here my feedback:

This - where you can shoot bookshelves in - ...
View attachment 19076

...in combination to these bookshelves doesnt work. At least not for team ZM. Will work toally easy for CTs tho... Camperz dont even need those sodas anymore to make this cade unbreakable.

View attachment 19077

Additionally: Removing the roof as spot and - as I suspect by having a quick look - increasing the distance between stairs and the spot that is a container on regular 4way deleted 2 options for zombiez to attack container camperz. Now only 2 options are left, tghe small box and edgerz. Will give zombiez a much harder time to get 'em container camperz:
View attachment 19078

My best advice atm is: make sure the ditance bettween the house and the wooden camp spot (last pic) is exactly like on regular lila and reconsider your roof design. In my opinion your roof design is much harder to attack than on regular lila.
- The gap between the stairs and the wall has been removed

Attachments

• zm_eh_lila_ranch_v1.bsp
    43.7 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: Janno

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'560
1'158
Zombieland
uploaded for testing.

let's collect feedback here before the next fix.

I go with #1:
1714929682058.png

and seconds later: stucked
1714929696248.png

Reactions: Janno

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
-Skybox reduced by 2 times (for optimization)
-The mill no longer deals damage (The mill blades are transparent, you can no longer get stuck in them)
-Optimization tweaked
-Added new camper points

Attachments

• zm_eh_lila_ranch_v1fix.bsp
    42.8 MB · Views: 18

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'946
Canadia eh?
It doesn't seem like you've addressed easy's concern about the options to attack the container spot, I have to agree with him that it probably isn't best to only have the small box or edgers to attack
Additionally: Removing the roof as spot and - as I suspect by having a quick look - increasing the distance between stairs and the spot that is a container on regular lila deleted 2 options for zombiez to attack container camperz. Now only 2 options are left, the small box and edgerz. Will give zombiez a much harder time to get 'em container camperz:
View attachment 19078

My best advice atm is: make sure the distance bettween the house and the wooden camp spot (last pic) is exactly like on regular lila and reconsider your roof design. In my opinion your roof design is much harder to attack than on regular lila.

Additionally, the whole underground area to me seems a bit... pointless? There are a couple of small rooms each with 3 sodas, which I suppose could be barricaded, but they don't really seem like good spots for that, and the rest of the underground is so wide open that there is very little point in going down there to begin with. There simply isn't anything to do there, I don't really like the idea of having such a big chunk of a map be so useless, it is mainly just a very wide hallway that offers nothing to the CTs

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
It doesn't seem like you've addressed easy's concern about the options to attack the container spot, I have to agree with him that it probably isn't best to only have the small box or edgers to attack

Additionally, the whole underground area to me seems a bit... pointless? There are a couple of small rooms each with 3 sodas, which I suppose could be barricaded, but they don't really seem like good spots for that, and the rest of the underground is so wide open that there is very little point in going down there to begin with. There simply isn't anything to do there, I don't really like the idea of having such a big chunk of a map be so useless, it is mainly just a very wide hallway that offers nothing to the CTs

Thought i would add that the small rooms with 3 sodas are identical to one of the popular spots from the original. Its actually a pretty good spot!

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'560
1'158
Zombieland
It's not identical. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Molsted

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'946
Canadia eh?
Thought i would add that the small rooms with 3 sodas are identical to one of the popular spots from the original. Its actually a pretty good spot!
I may not play much but that isn't even close to being the case. I'm not saying this map has to be made exactly like lila panic, but the underground of that map actually serves a purpose and has multiple uses. There are 3 distinct regions with the main region being the largest, a slightly smaller region on one side, and a much smaller region on the opposite side. The whole area is cramped, and filled with rooms that have a varying design and a varying number of props (sodas or couches) within them to use for barricades. There are zero rooms that are just a small square with 3 sodas inside, and even if that were the case, the approach as a zombie to the main camp rooms on lila panic is much different from the approach in this map because on this map it is a wide open straight shot directly at the door. I agree, the spot on lila panic can be quite good, otherwise people would not always go to it, but the whole underground of lila panic actually has a use and a purpose, it's tight and confusing and there are countless rooms that can be barricaded and held. The underground on this map is just a bunch of 4way tunnels that go to nowhere, there is no real purpose to ever go down there and use the space because it isn't really offering anything useful. That is what I am not a fan of when I look at this map...

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
I may not play much but that isn't even close to being the case. I'm not saying this map has to be made exactly like lila panic, but the underground of that map actually serves a purpose and has multiple uses. There are 3 distinct regions with the main region being the largest, a slightly smaller region on one side, and a much smaller region on the opposite side. The whole area is cramped, and filled with rooms that have a varying design and a varying number of props (sodas or couches) within them to use for barricades. There are zero rooms that are just a small square with 3 sodas inside, and even if that were the case, the approach as a zombie to the main camp rooms on lila panic is much different from the approach in this map because on this map it is a wide open straight shot directly at the door. I agree, the spot on lila panic can be quite good, otherwise people would not always go to it, but the whole underground of lila panic actually has a use and a purpose, it's tight and confusing and there are countless rooms that can be barricaded and held. The underground on this map is just a bunch of 4way tunnels that go to nowhere, there is no real purpose to ever go down there and use the space because it isn't really offering anything useful. That is what I am not a fan of when I look at this map...
I deliberately made the underground area wide, since I myself hate these narrow corridors like the original Lila. I also want to point out that these endless rooms with barricades on the original Lila are not used by anyone, maximum 1-2 people, whose barricades are broken by zombies in 2 seconds. This is the same unnecessary space as on my map, only more testy and unpleasant. The only thing this “labyrinth” on Lila serves is confusion. Monotonous corridors that are no different from each other.

Reactions: Woozu

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020

I was referring to the small room with 3 sodas locally, when i said "spot". Regarding the whole underground area, i think you bring up something good to keep an eye on, when playtesting the map.

Last edited:

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
Also to weigh in on something positive, i like the contrast colors of the grass and buildings a lot, Raider! The skybox is very pretty aswell, so i do feel like its a bit of the same that its covered up by a tall fence almost everywhere. I would atleast like to see more of the background when playing the map. Its more interesting than a dark fence casting huge shadows :p

Reactions: Raider Wesley

Raider Wesley

12 Oct 2023
Also to weigh in on something positive, i like the contrast colors of the grass and buildings a lot, Raider! The skybox is very pretty aswell, so i do feel like its a bit of the same that its covered up by a tall fence almost everywhere. I would atleast like to see more of the background when playing the map. Its more interesting than a dark fence casting huge shadows :p
I initially wanted to make the fence below than it is, but unfortunately there is one... glitch. If you look from the roof towards the dungeon, you will see everything. So I had to make the fence higher to “hide” this glitch. I asked people on a special server who are experienced in creating maps in Hammer, and they said that there is no way to fix this, this is the engine. In short, from the roof you can see the dungeon through the skybox, and there is no way to solve this. That's why the fences are so high

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
I initially wanted to make the fence below than it is, but unfortunately there is one... glitch. If you look from the roof towards the dungeon, you will see everything. So I had to make the fence higher to “hide” this glitch. I asked people on a special server who are experienced in creating maps in Hammer, and they said that there is no way to fix this, this is the engine. In short, from the roof you can see the dungeon through the skybox, and there is no way to solve this. That's why the fences are so high
there is still the other side. Is it important that it is equal in height all around?