What improvements would you like to see added on the surf servers?

blair

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Donator
27 Mar 2016
New Hampshire
Its simple, comment on this thread with some ideas that you feel would help the overall quality of the surf servers.

Some examples of this could be reducing the ad volume so its not so loud if one plays, making it so if you practice a stage it will be compared to your pb, and so on.

Please only comment legit suggestions.

Reactions: cannon1213 and Red

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
We would have to have a database with every checkpoint recorded which could get aids, but it would be nice.

We need to cut our loses on dead servers like classics, and elysium and just throw them into Mix servers like we planned.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
reducing the ad volume so its not so loud if one plays

Just an fyi, the ad volume is controlled through steam client web helper, which is automatically already set at 100% volume, which is why it can suddenly be so incredibly loud. This can't be fixed by the server, as it is in the volume mixer and automatically starts at 100%

Other than that, more maps, elysium, classics, classics2, etc. going onto only the mix server, getting a tier 1,2,3, and 5/6 mix server like we planned like 2 months ago at least

For now with traffic as low as it is we don't need 2 servers of maps like kitsune and beginner, they can always be added back over the summer if traffic comes back up, but for now 2 servers for the same map really isn't required.

Like water said a stage PB type system would be a pain in the ass to setup, but also nice to have

Mayhem

3 May 2016
make a full mixed server so basically all the maps on 1 server or try to make a server with easy maps but loads of them ^^

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
that's been the plan for a while, when we brought up a big mix server niko said why not 1 for each tier, hopefully with niko done uni today he will have much more time for the servers, and thus more time to set up servers, including a tier 1 mix server, which will be full of lots of nice and easy maps :D

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
Worked on a quick list

1. Remove servers like classics, classics2, elysium, overgrowth, simpsons, and fruits, which can all be on their respective tier based mix server because they have very low traffic
2. Remove second 24/7 servers of same maps, eg. beginner, air control, kitsune, while the traffic to the servers is so low, if the traffic goes back up they can always get added back over the summer
3. More maps, water probably still has his google folder of maps, so it would be great to get the tier 1, tier 2, tier 3, and tier 5 / 6 servers finally (Don’t forget to take the current mix server and rebrand it to a tier based one)
4. Stage PB’s would be great, but I can understand if it is too difficult to implement
5. Rank colours and/or more ranks and/or higher points required for ranks
6. More leniency, playing on other servers I have heard a lot about gofree servers, and as much as you guys might want to believe the decrease in traffic is due to a lack of maps, it isn’t. People leave because some/all admins are far too harsh, and with people getting muted for the smallest of things, or their friends getting muted for the smallest of things, etc. etc. word gets around and people don’t want to play on the servers when they can play on another server where they don’t get instantly muted for playing music or having general banter with another player. When people get punished for such a minute thing like I have seen happen many times, and have heard about from people many times, they talk about it on other servers, which are much more lenient, and then people don’t come on the servers
7. Consistent ranks throughout every map, yes the number of points you get for finishing a map, and the amount of points you lose compared to people finishing the map is fine, but each rank should have the same amount of points required and be consistent throughout each server, not 550 for beast on 1 map, and then 770 for it on another
8. Credits store
9. Glock
10. Fix the SR bot
11. Set up an afk timer to put the afk person into spectator mode to reduce lag
12. Fix rtv on mix server(s)

Last edited:
Reactions: WhispEr

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
added to my list red, haven't played it in a while cause it is always empty so i didn't know there was a problem

Red

BANNED
29 Mar 2016
Pennsylvania
Ya, you cant rtv when its just you in the lobby, unless there are two bots in the game with you

Reactions: blair

Water

BANNED
20 Sep 2015
Great White North
Going along with the mix servers I think a good way to organize it, is like horizon and ksf, have the Beginner-Easy-Medium-Hard servers. That will divide up the player base and it's easy for when some who starts can progress through the servers as time goes on. We can make our names for them so it's not a direct copy of the server names.

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'938
Canadia eh?
I second that notion, would be much nicer looking than having 5 servers for each different tier