What improvements would you like to see added on the surf servers?

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
That used to be a thing with the old cksurf, where you could bet points and race. It was removed in the current edited version of cksurf called surftimer that we are now using, but i like the idea of betting store credits.

Can look into implementing something like that, although i doubt it will be very soon.

Vortex

GoFree Admin
Donator
9 Jan 2019
Florida, United States of America
amazing! maybe i thought about maybe "ghosts" where a team (the ghosts) are invisible and have only knifes.. they are much faster but with low health (maybe 70 or smth) and can be ONLY SLIGHTLY seen when they move

the other team (the busters or anything smh) have guns with normal health and speed . A team wins when all members of the opposing team die.

another nice thought in mind is "hide and seek" where 1 randomly chosen player is the "omega" and is blinded and paralyzed for 40 seconds (enough time for all the other players to find a place to hide)

a round either ends with all players "caught" by the omega or when the timer finishes (thus making the hiders win)

Hide and seek would be a lot of fun, there are plenty of maps out there for it. Maybe combat surf would be a fun insert as well?

GAMERMANA

15 Jun 2017
Egypt
cool! this my first idea to be ever recognized -_- between a thousand!!

dPexx

Pec
Staff member
Head Admin
Administrator
Tech Team
Donator
25 Jan 2017
Scotland
You get ramp glitches on every single map more or less, there's no way to avoid it. There are methods to minimise it, but these are done when the map is created. If a mapper did not take these steps, there will be more ramp gitches than there should be. Sadly, to fix this it requires quite a-lot of work inside hammer and then a full re-compile of the map is also required.

Bocuma has recently released a program which people can use to fix ramp glitches, but it is extremely complicated i think. @Oliver maybe has some more insight into ramp bugs than i do.