EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
If I told you, I'd have to kill you.
I did a quick 10min test of the map!

I like it alot! big open map good hunting and some spots for campers :)

I found some stuff that in my opinion might need some changes or edits!

First of all i got some errors probably from the water i would assume

No such variable "$fogcolor" for material "maps/zm_abandoned_tunnels_test1/nature/water_movingplane_-707_3089_408"
No such variable "$fogenable" for material "maps/zm_abandoned_tunnels_test1/nature/water_movingplane_-707_3089_408"
No such variable "$fogstart" for material "maps/zm_abandoned_tunnels_test1/nature/water_movingplane_-707_3089_408"
No such variable "$fogend" for material "maps/zm_abandoned_tunnels_test1/nature/water_movingplane_-707_3089_408"
No such variable "$fogcolor" for material "nature/water_movingplane_beneath"
No such variable "$fogenable" for material "nature/water_movingplane_beneath"
No such variable "$fogstart" for material "nature/water_movingplane_beneath"
No such variable "$fogend" for material "nature/water_movingplane_beneath"

should be a easy fix,

20210814143520_1.jpg When jumping up in the air with the lift you get some nodraw textures above which can be seen.

20210814145209_1.jpg Also here i get some nodraw textures from this angle.

20210814143811_1.jpg I would open up this area for v3 noobs to run in and hold, not to OP spot and a nice little spot to hide.

20210814143851_1.jpg This camping spot i would remove either the barrels or the other stone jump up since it will be very hard for the v3 players to hold this spot, they can boost up on eachothers head and enter from 2 easy ways up, just my thought tho!

20210814143936_1.jpg Not sure if you have fixed this, but on 4way if you stand on eachothers head when the elevator goes up you get teleported, if not fixed the person underneath will get killed.

Some small fixes! but i like the atmosphere of the map and the outlay alot :)

Attachments

• 20210814145209_1.jpg
    20210814145209_1.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 264
Last edited:

Paw

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
Looks like you put a lot of work into making this. Looks great.

In addition the tele Sour mentioned I suggest adding something that moves the players away or some sort of tele on the ground/floor under the elevator that activates whenever the elevator is going down as a alot of players will be blocking it otherwise.

When loaded it looks like "Screenshot_79" to me.

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
Same for me. It looks great!

I don´t know if this prop is supposed to look like this though:

1628949066781.png

Janno

Mapper
12 Nov 2020
Germany
I test it and i would say impressive map with impressive design.

I have a very week PC with intel i5 3450 and HD5870 1GB but i have no framedrops , constant 298 fps really good optimization work !

maybe i can learn from your map how to optimize maps better :)

Molsted

EliteHunterz Clan Member
Mapper
13 Dec 2020
All of the broken structures similar to the one below render quite harshly on the eyes, when you are close and the one in this picture has a few nonintuitive parts of the hitbox where you get blocked. The other ones i have found has a good hitbox though. So far i havnt noticed anything else than what you already mentioned. The map feels adventures, challenging but also smooth to move around in :D

1628949730702.png

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
I did a quick 10min test of the map!

I like it alot! big open map good hunting and some spots for campers :)

I found some stuff that in my opinion might need some changes or edits!

First of all i got some errors probably from the water i would assume

No such variable "$fogcolor" for material "maps/zm_abandoned_tunnels_test1/nature/water_movingplane_-707_3089_408"
No such variable "$fogenable" for material "maps/zm_abandoned_tunnels_test1/nature/water_movingplane_-707_3089_408"
No such variable "$fogstart" for material "maps/zm_abandoned_tunnels_test1/nature/water_movingplane_-707_3089_408"
No such variable "$fogend" for material "maps/zm_abandoned_tunnels_test1/nature/water_movingplane_-707_3089_408"
No such variable "$fogcolor" for material "nature/water_movingplane_beneath"
No such variable "$fogenable" for material "nature/water_movingplane_beneath"
No such variable "$fogstart" for material "nature/water_movingplane_beneath"
No such variable "$fogend" for material "nature/water_movingplane_beneath"

should be a easy fix,

View attachment 14088 When jumping up in the air with the lift you get some nodraw textures above which can be seen.

View attachment 14094 Also here i get some nodraw textures from this angle.

View attachment 14089 I would open up this area for v3 noobs to run in and hold, not to OP spot and a nice little spot to hide.

View attachment 14090 This camping spot i would remove either the barrels or the other stone jump up since it will be very hard for the v3 players to hold this spot, they can boost up on eachothers head and enter from 2 easy ways up, just my thought tho!

View attachment 14091 Not sure if you have fixed this, but on 4way if you stand on eachothers head when the elevator goes up you get teleported, if not fixed the person underneath will get killed.

Some small fixes! but i like the atmosphere of the map and the outlay alot :)
Thanks for testing the map!

1. The initial idea was to have the elevator as a jumping tool. If you noticed the crates hanging in the middle, at first I thought it would be cool to have them accessible by elevator jumping. Later on, I decided to scrap the idea, because I think it would upset newer players, and it would be kinda OP. Initially, there we buttons across the map, when all of them were pressed, the crates would drop down. Sounded like a cool idea, but would get boring if that would be a every-round-thing.
Thus, the elevator speed will be made slower to stop people from jumping too high.

2. Thank you. Fixed!

3. I will put something there. Nothing too crazy, but a spot for players to fall back to, and camp.

4. The reason why this spot has multiple entry points, is because it is meant for multiple players to camp at. 1 or 2 players wouldn't be able to hold it down, but 5-10 would. I have removed one of the barrel stacks.

5. I'm not sure how it is done in 4way, but I will look into it. Blocking of the elevators is one of the biggest concerns I've had.

Thanks for the feedback!
This is how mine looks.
Thanks! On my end, the props are fullbright, which is why I asked people to check it. Good to hear ThirtyEight's fix works. :)

Looks like you put a lot of work into making this. Looks great.

In addition the tele Sour mentioned I suggest adding something that moves the players away or some sort of tele on the ground/floor under the elevator that activates whenever the elevator is going down as a alot of players will be blocking it otherwise.

When loaded it looks like "Screenshot_79" to me.
Thanks for testing! Yeah, I will look into adding something that prevents players from blocking the elevators (outside of blocking damage).

Same for me. It looks great!

I don´t know if this prop is supposed to look like this though:

View attachment 14096
Thanks! I have removed that prop.

I test it and i would say impressive map with impressive design.

I have a very week PC with intel i5 3450 and HD5870 1GB but i have no framedrops , constant 298 fps really good optimization work !

maybe i can learn from your map how to optimize maps better :)
Thank you! It took a long time to optimize the map. It's still not perfect, but I think it's good. It's kinda funny.... the central area turned out to be one of the highest fps areas in the whole map. Usually, open areas are bad for fps.
Feel free to add me on Steam. Once the map is done, I can send you the .vmf for study.

All of the broken structures similar to the one below render quite harshly on the eyes, when you are close and the one in this picture has a few nonintuitive parts of the hitbox where you get blocked. The other ones i have found has a good hitbox though. So far i havnt noticed anything else than what you already mentioned. The map feels adventures, challenging but also smooth to move around in :D

View attachment 14098
Yeah, I know. I didn't want to include too many of them, and the ones in the map are off the player paths, not blocking movement. I will see if there are better options, though. Thanks for the feedback!

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
I think on 4way wolfram added a teleport trigger above the heads, so if you put 2 npc entitys then put a teleport trigger that should fix so if someone jumps on someones head they get teleported and then it get disabled when someone presses the elevator button i think? He also added trigger_push to the sites of the elevator that enables/disables.

Like this! https://gyazo.com/86186b06f4a2d33b8993c1283a56d8a0

You can take a look at this vmf! :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmb3s37dctk1kei/zm_4way_fix_v2c_d.vmf?dl=0

Last edited:

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
I think on 4way wolfram added a teleport trigger above the heads, so if you put 2 npc entitys then put a teleport trigger that should fix so if someone jumps on someones head they get teleported and then it get disabled when someone presses the elevator button i think? He also added trigger_push to the sites of the elevator that enables/disables.

Like this! https://gyazo.com/86186b06f4a2d33b8993c1283a56d8a0

You can take a look at this vmf! :) https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmb3s37dctk1kei/zm_4way_fix_v2c_d.vmf?dl=0

I think I have the solution. I will add a trigger underneath the elevator platform, that will teleport players when touched. I made a quick paint sketch.

Attachments

• Screenshot_83.jpg
    Screenshot_83.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 260

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
I think I have the solution. I will add a trigger underneath the elevator platform, that will teleport players when touched. I made a quick paint sketch.
Nice, dont forget to add the one above aswell with disable/enable or people will stand on players heads and teamkill :)

Reactions: TheRalle

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
DO NOT UPLOAD TO A SERVER

Fixed:
  • Fulbright props
  • Waterfall is no longer solid
  • Custom water is no longer solid
  • Fixed decals
  • Fixed water errors

Added:

• A camp place suggested by SOUR
  • Adjusted a camp place, suggested by SOUR
  • Countermeasures to blocking the elevators

Known issues:
- Soundscapes are bugged

Todo:

• Final detail here and there
  • Small optimization fixes
  • 3d skybox, maybe?

Things are moving quick now. If you can, please test the changes asap. Thanks!

DO NOT UPLOAD TO A SERVER

Attachments

• zm_abandoned_tunnels_test2.bsp
    27.9 MB · Views: 262
Last edited:

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
Tested the map, everything looks good to me!

A 3D skybox that you mentioned would look really good!

Also a custom radar for the map if you want too :)

Hard

24 Jun 2020
Nepal
forum.elite-hunterz.com
Working on mine too

Makaify

Mapper
Donator
20 May 2017
Finland
I'm releasing the map.

Zombies in tunnels, once again! Humans start at the bottom of the map, and have to make their way up the map. Along the way, there are spots for camping, but the map is really good for hunting style of gameplay. You choose what you want to do.

The map is heavily inspired by 4way_tunnels. I never wanted to make an exact copy. So... this is what I came up with. I hope you enjoy. Feel free to leave feedback in the comments. If issues arise, I might be compelled to fixed them. It took 3+ months to complete the map.

If you are going to upload the map to a server, please include the .cfg file. It's important!
Make sure to upload the .cfg file to the server, too. The custom .cfg makes the zombie spawn time 30 to 35 seconds for this map.

Attachments

• zm_abandoned_tunnels.rar
    11.8 MB · Views: 276
  • final1.jpg
    final1.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 267
  • final2.jpg
    final2.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 266
  • final3.jpg
    final3.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 265
  • final4.jpg
    final4.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 259
  • final5.jpg
    final5.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 264
  • final6.jpg
    final6.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 265
  • final7.jpg
    final7.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 265
  • final8.jpg
    final8.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 255
  • final9.jpg
    final9.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 258
  • final10.jpg
    final10.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 252
  • final11.jpg
    final11.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 264
Reactions: SOUR and Molsted

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Uploaded to v1 for testing!

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland
Looks good so far indeed!

Here is some additional feedback:

The big elevator needs some fixes too. IT can be blocked easily by jumping on each other's head. Plus the button can be triggered while moving so some players can prevent all others to reach the roof.

• there should be a tele like on 4way, this is the best solution after years of testing. All other solutions we tried led either to blocking or teamkilling
  • the button should have a freeze out

Some boxes are quite big, they look like boxes one might jump on but you cant. I recommend to use our standard box size to prevent players from complaining. Here is an example:
1629533970773.png

Reactions: Hard

SOUR

Gameserver Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Forum Moderator
Mapper
Donator
27 Oct 2010
2'196
(Dont mind asmongold in the background talking)

If you check the last seconds of this video you will see the elevator going up and down because zombies are spamming it, it needs a cooldown lock like easy mentioned. Fps was great we tested it on v3.

• Haha
Reactions: TheRalle

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'538
1'145
Zombieland