Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
rush 6 is now live on V3, post here if there's any problems with the map. I'll also upload the map here since it was only shared on discord

Attachments

• zm_rush_final_6.bsp
    8.5 MB · Views: 48
Reactions: DrFiction

330d

24 Nov 2021
gamebanana.com
coming soon...

20230927024512_1.jpg

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
Update :

• I fixed the black "Buyzone" on the floor.
  • Removed one T spawn (Who was under the map).

20230929215143_1.jpg

Attachments

• zm_rush_final_v7.bsp
    7.3 MB · Views: 48
Reactions: Nikooo777

Lotus

Boomer
Staff member
Special Admin
Forum Moderator
Donator
9 Jan 2016
1'934
Canadia eh?
@DrFiction While the rest of the team and I appreciate the work you've done here, we've ultimately made the decision to revert back to rush_final_4.
After running the new version for the past few weeks to gather data it quickly became apparent that there was a problem with the balance on the latest version of the map. I had originally decided to put the map directly into the normal map rotation for testing rather than asking admins to run it as a "special option" because I did not anticipate that the changes made would have a large impact on the overall map balance. I figured this way we could gather some data faster on the new version of the map and the differences wouldn't be so large that they would harm the players. I was wrong with this belief as ultimately the difference in map balance was too significant, with CTs winning around 2-3 times more often than on rush_final_4. Rush in general is already a map with one of the heavier leans toward the CT side, so making it nearly 3x more CT-sided than before would not be ideal.

Reactions: DrFiction and easy

easy

Dances With Zombiez
Staff member
Special Admin
EliteHunterz Clan Member
Donator
25 Oct 2013
1'547
1'145
Zombieland
Thanks both of you @DrFiction and @Lotus.

In my opinion that there was no need for that fix at all. This map works (almost perfectly) fine since years. The only fix i can thinj of is closing the pipes or making them breakable, as spots like these cause stucking and lagging.

Reactions: DrFiction

DrFiction

Mapper
10 Apr 2021
@DrFiction While the rest of the team and I appreciate the work you've done here, we've ultimately made the decision to revert back to rush_final_4.
After running the new version for the past few weeks to gather data it quickly became apparent that there was a problem with the balance on the latest version of the map. I had originally decided to put the map directly into the normal map rotation for testing rather than asking admins to run it as a "special option" because I did not anticipate that the changes made would have a large impact on the overall map balance. I figured this way we could gather some data faster on the new version of the map and the differences wouldn't be so large that they would harm the players. I was wrong with this belief as ultimately the difference in map balance was too significant, with CTs winning around 2-3 times more often than on rush_final_4. Rush in general is already a map with one of the heavier leans toward the CT side, so making it nearly 3x more CT-sided than before would not be ideal.
I understand, at least we could see what it was like.
And I noticed that indeed, the CT's won a lot (And because the players, by playing, know what to do and become more intelligent).
In my opinion that there was no need for that fix at all. This map works (almost perfectly) fine since years. The only fix i can thinj of is closing the pipes or making them breakable, as spots like these cause stucking and lagging.
I could try to close maybe ? If it's really necessary. If yes, then I will do an update where the pipe will be closed.

Reactions: easy