zm_4way_fix_v2c suggestions

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
First of all thank you @WolfRam for finally providing at least a partial fix. Was glad to see that change a few minutes ago. Even though two different people teamkilled me in there on purpose anyway á few mins ago I think it should at least reduce the amount of teamkills a lot. One thing you could possibly do is reducing the damage that is made per moment in which you get blocked. Like maybe 20 hp damage each time. This way it should be almost impossible for players to teamkill others on purpose and even the accidental teamkills should decrease.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
I also think that small platform above the elevator should be changed back to its previous size. Just saw 3 teamers there (which could also happen in the old version) but apart from that I see some serious issues:
The bigger platform gives players a better chance to camp up there. That means that more zombies need to get on top of elevator and therefore we are back to the old teamkilling issue (might possibly become even worse depending on how often we got campers over there). Also if some players should really start teaming, a zombie could not just block the way to humans but could also move down the elevator each time so that zombies don't have much time to get up there. Yeah that can also happen in the old version, but due to the small platform it was never really hard to get humans, even if there have been teamers. For those reasons I believe a small platform like before should avoid new issues.

Attachments

• 20180811190321_1.jpg
    20180811190321_1.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 372

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
@Dataworm
- changing the HP to 20:
i cant do anything about that. i can change how much HP the elevator takes. but that will lead to more blocking of the elevator. a Human(ct) with 100HP is not the same as a zombie with 4000HP or more. Its the way it is so zombies cant block it.

- the new platform:
I had to change it or remove it. with the new plate over the elevator it became a useless spot. but teaming is not really an issue there. to make the elevator go up or down you need to be inside the elevator or calling for it. Your argument will then be that someone can plant a person on the elevator to always button-mash the elevator. well, my argument for that is you can still jump on the platform(the small one) to get up. but you can also stand next to the wall and jump on another zm and "climb" up to the top platform. not only that but you can use the momentum of the elevator to jump up to the platform (like on the youtube video).

i dont see this will be a big issue when it comes to teaming. you need atleast 4-5 zombies to cover everything. not very likely.

Dataworm

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
22 Feb 2015
1'247
20hp: Yeah I know that this would give zombies time to block the elevator. Nevertheless when a zombie blocks it the humans should still be able to shoot the zombie to death, so the zombie can't hide that way to save his life. But yeah it could lead to teaming if humans are blocking on the platform.

platform: I agree that teaming is probably not a big issue in this case, just saying that it might happen. But for now we can probably ignore it unless we realize some misuse in future. But as mentioned the camping on the platform seems to lead to more teamkilling opportunities which is not just hypothetical as I saw that already happening. Could possibly change over time but right now it can be an issue. But that 20hp approach could probably solve that.

Otherwisewe could also think about 90hp damage or similar. This way teamkilling still doesn't work on first attempt and the time zombies could block elevator is also not that long.