zm_forgotten_town - stuck spot

Skela

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
21 Oct 2015
Norway
www.youtube.com
Is it possible to fix this spot on the map? People get stuck there all the time and the only way to get out is if an admin is teleporting you.

2016-01-07_00002.jpg

Xylon

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
20 Jan 2012
1'923
France
Yes it is, I'll do it tomorrow, remind me if I forget to.

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Alright here are my ideas for the map, the primary reason for my ideas is to get a higher fps in the map, and to remove some OP camp-spots.

Lets go.

First of all, this tree is odd. Still no big deal.

1.jpg

Second, this OP camp-spot.

2.jpghICRULq.png

But in general i think this whole big house with a lot of OP camp-spots, and small rooms should be removed from the map.

10.jpg

Next, stuck spot.

11.jpg

Another stuck spot.

5.jpg6.jpg

But in general i think the whole place there should be removed.

3p0PEKI.png

Next, this spot. A lot of players die here by the port, as it kills the players who stands either on the port, or beside the hull and looks down. In general the room has some OP camp-spots, and the last zombies always camp down there.

4.jpg

Another room, same concept as the one above. Should clearly be removed imo. It's also kind of a secret, not many knows about it.
(It's inside that place on 2nd pic)
7.jpg8.jpg

The roof here. You get up on the roof by either standing on another player, or a soda machine, then jump on the container, and then to the roof. It's quite an OP and annoying camp-spot.

3.jpg

Also, perhaps remove some of those trees, as they're quite bugged, and useless. All they do is lower the fps.

a.jpgb.jpg

And after all to make the map smaller, as it's huge and has a low fps, i think a big part of it should be removed. This part is quite unnecessary and useless imo. The spawns there could be moved. (Everything behind these pics)

XGc2utE.pngN6fsnJ1.png

That's my ideas and all from me.

Regards Klovn

Last edited:

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
First!
@Xylon, im glad you are the one who volunteered for this :p

Second!
@Klovn, many good ideas there.. BUT CHANGE THE MANHOLE??!?!?!???!?!?
In my opinion, the manhole is the only good thing in this map. Its fun, entertaining and creative. Please don't change it..

#SaveTheManhole

I made a quick Tribute-video to the epic and legendary manhole on EH,
watch it and tell me you still want it gone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuH8M1LngjU

So many good memories^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikooo777 and Xylon

yyy

Ex-Admin
Ex Admin
12 Nov 2013
USA
Ha, yes, the manhole is legendary! I agree with Wolf, the only good thing about the map. #SaveTheManhole

Xylon

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
20 Jan 2012
1'923
France
First!
@Xylon, im glad you are the one who volunteered for this :p

Second!
@Klovn, many good ideas there.. BUT CHANGE THE MANHOLE??!?!?!???!?!?
In my opinion, the manhole is the only good thing in this map. Its fun, entertaining and creative. Please don't change it..

#SaveTheManhole

I made a quick Tribute-video to the epic and legendary manhole on EH,
watch it and tell me you still want it gone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuH8M1LngjU

So many good memories^^

Aight, thank you Wolfy, inb4saving the manhole ! :stuck_out_tongue_wi

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Jeez. The manhole csuse a million issues. People Block each other so they die. Players die and leave. You fellas might like it and find it funny and joyfull but it's one of the reasons i almost removed the map. It's NOT Good for the server or map to have such stupid map spot. All my other ideas don''t matter. The manhole is The only real problem

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
its the other way around. the manhole is the only good thing, the rest around the manhole is the problem :p

but seriously tho, why would players leave? they just respawn. I dont see that there is a problem anymore

Many players die every round by that thing. When humans die they spawn as zombies if they already have been dead they don't respawn. The manhole almost makes every round take 5 min as it's an OP spot for zombies. Therefore it should be removed

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
1. there are about 43 OP places for humans on that map and 1 for zm.
2. if they had 2 chances then dying the 3rd time... I mean some maps you die alot if you are zombie. just think about how much zombies die on maps like cbble and marbble. Ppl spend alot of time being dead anyway.
3. Its a fun spot.
4. I have never read any complaints about the manhole deaths.
5. A general point is that we shouldnt change too much in maps, because players might dont like them even if we do.

Last edited:

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
1. there are about 43 OP places for humans on that map and 1 for zm.
2. if they had 2 chances then dying the 3rd time... I mean some maps you die alot if you are zombie. just think about how much zombies die on maps like cbble and marbble. Ppl spend alot of time being dead anyway.
3. Its a fun spot.
4. I have never read any complaints about the manhole deaths.
5. A general point is that we shouldnt change too much in maps, because players might dont like them even if we do.

1. OP spots for zombies are always bad, there shouldn't be any, and i'm trying to fix the OP ct camp-spots with my other ideas, then why not also fix the OP zombie place? Which also can be an OP place for humans.
2. Zombies are meant to die, hopefully we can add more mother-zombies, so it will be more fair in every map, and in this map, zombies can just camp there for minutes, and kill all who dares to jump down.
3. I do not agree with that. We all have different opinions about what we like, which maps we like etc. You like it, that's your personal opinion, i don't, that's my opinion.
4. I have, mostly when the map is being played and some dies, they often complain.
5. The players complain about every map already, not like it would make any difference though. We can never satisfy the players.

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
1. OP spots for zombies are always bad, there shouldn't be any, and i'm trying to fix the OP ct camp-spots with my other ideas, then why not also fix the OP zombie place? Which also can be an OP place for humans.
2. Zombies are meant to die, hopefully we can add more mother-zombies, so it will be more fair in every map, and in this map, zombies can just camp there for minutes, and kill all who dares to jump down.
3. I do not agree with that. We all have different opinions about what we like, which maps we like etc. You like it, that's your personal opinion, i don't, that's my opinion.
4. I have, mostly when the map is being played and some dies, they often complain.
5. The players complain about every map already, not like it would make any difference though. We can never satisfy the players.

1. No, OP spots in them selfs is not bad, infact they have a big part in the gameplay. By that i mean its a place ZM or CT can gather for safety for a short while. Without the OP spots CT would never survive the first 30 seconds when ZM changes. An OP spot becomes a problem if its only 1 way to get to it and that way is too easily defended by CT. Thats why i never add pipes in my maps.
- "Zombies are meant to die", that is very wrong. The more correct way to look at it is Teamwork = Win. That is why i try to make it be fun being a ZM when making maps, so players dont mind being ZM. Because being a good ZM demands skills. I know that is not how most players see the zombies, but the game needs good zombies, if we dont have that it is basically a riot-server.
- "..zombies can just camp there for minutes, and kill all who dares to jump down", not exactly true. Its a hard spots to win, but CT win 8 of 10 rounds anyway so i dont see a problem giving them a challenge. A few nades and 2-3 guys jump down shoting everything while the rest follow. The only hard part is getting a foothold down there, the issue is that CT never have the balls to try.
- I still think that players that dies 2-3 times dont mind being dead for a minute or two.
- And, i dont see the need to remove the manhole when you could do some small changes down in the sewer that could make it easier for CT.
3. Yes, we dont agree on this change.
4. I can see someone complain about the TK that happens at times, but then again, i havent noticed it. I guess its because they just respawn.
- "We can never satisfy the players", Agreed. I still think its important not to change a map too much tho. For some reason people vote on this map alot, so i guess that there is something they like about it.
- I just want to make a point that you cant just make changes to a map based on how you want things to be on 1 server. Remember that players play the same map in different ways on different servers. I know admins is mostly on v1 but remember that v3 is just as popular.

Last edited:

Havoc

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
27 Sep 2014
4'757
1'392
Denmark
Alright i don't bother replying to 1-2-3-4-5 again. First of all, have you ever seen 2-3 cts jump down there and kill the zombies? I haven't unless there's only 1 zombie. Also, you say OP spots are needed, so humans can go there to be safe. Well that's what camp-spots are for, OP camp-spots are there for humans to get easy kills with a little risk or vice versa.

Also a few spots in the manhole are OP as well, example then one when you run up and then to the left, if you shoot a soda machine in there, it'll become almost unreachable.

But after all if there comes another way to get down there, example another port to get there from the other side or something, then it's fine with me.

Btw Xylon can you do something so the port/door doesn't kill those who stands in the way when it opens or closes?

WolfRam

Retired SPA/HA
Retired SPA/HA
Donator
30 Apr 2013
1'245
Isla de Muerta
www.ratemypoo.com
Alright i don't bother replying to 1-2-3-4-5 again. First of all, have you ever seen 2-3 cts jump down there and kill the zombies? I haven't unless there's only 1 zombie.
Many times, but not as much as i would like. As i said, most of the time CT don't wanna try.

Also, you say OP spots are needed, so humans can go there to be safe. Well that's what camp-spots are for, OP camp-spots are there for humans to get easy kills with a little risk or vice versa.
That is exactly what i said, except that i used the word OP instead of camp-spot. I see an OP spot as a camp-spot, but the wording is not important.

Also a few spots in the manhole are OP as well, example then one when you run up and then to the left, if you shoot a soda machine in there, it'll become almost unreachable. But after all if there comes another way to get down there, example another port to get there from the other side or something, then it's fine with me.
what i said: "And, i dont see the need to remove the manhole when you could do some small changes down in the sewer that could make it easier for CT". Then we agree on that. And an extra way down seems to be the best way of fixing this issue. Maybe from the hidden cellar in the shop?

Btw Xylon can you do something so the port/door doesn't kill those who stands in the way when it opens or closes?
I'm not sure what door/port you mean, but if it’s either the manhole or the opening in the shop, then i would say to think about that first. They kill so players can’t block them. If it’s something else, i would double-check that too.